• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

PollyMobiles Rebuild

h701micra

Deactivated Account
just a brief update summary.

these last two trackdays has been the best bday fun eva and the car setup has been successfully dialed in to perform how I like it.
I'm back home now still in one piece, me n the car really really worn out.
there's a huge amount of video n data to collate n assess over the few days ;)
It took long enough to do it but got there in the end :)

Now make those flipping notes

OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
This is one of those times where I'm waiting for your posts on this @pollyp can't wait to watch your footage from the track :cool:

I've been editing, uploading & analysing the huge amount of video footage & notes n data for the past few days hence no posts yet cos I haven't finished analysing everything.
all the videos were finished n uploaded yesterday as andy says (i recommend the directors cuts :p) but have yet to write description as well as finishing my notes.

will post my report all in one go soon once all the vids, descriptions, photos, full assessment are in place. that way it keeps it all neat & organised in one place rather than posting fragments asap and having it scattered inbetween ppls posts.

OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
ok to keep things in order on topic,
on my last post about the catch can, I reprinted the mount with the screw tensioner at the far end to make it more rigid. Mounted it on the morning before setting off and it’s a lot stiffer.

DSC00328a.JPG
DSC00328.JPG
DSC00329.JPG

After blyton park I thought it would catch a lot but found not a lot had condensed?

Investigating further, what I found was that for the hot oily vapours to cool & condense inside the cans, the metal cans themselves would also need to be kept cool in the first place, like breathing on a stone cold windscreen in the morning, simple physics.

Now previously I briefly tied the PCV catchcan near the cooler area behind the LH headlight while the PCV breather catchcan was mounted on the boost pipe behind the hot radiator.

IMAG1939.jpg

The hot air from the radiator would actually heat up the PCV breather catchcan and so if the can was no cooler or actually hotter than the oil vapours, nothing would condense inside.

IMAG1953.jpg

Meanwhile the PCV catchcan in the colder airstream behind the headlight away from the radiator stream was a lot cooler than the hot oil vapours therefore 25ml of oil vapour had condensed on the cool walls after 300m

IMAG1952.jpg

On the current configuration mounted down low right behind the rad, both cans would be heated up by the hot air on or off track

IMAG2097.jpg

so when I opened them afterwards, the PCV catchcan only caught a little bit

IMAG2077.jpg
IMAG2078.jpg

and the PCV breather catchcan none at all cos they were both too hot

IMAG2079.jpg

The weak fibrous strands of 3d prints doesn’t work very well with slippery oil vapours and would break apart so I’ll need to look into a more solid construction.

IMAG2080.jpg

Thought about using this glass coffee jar which was the right size n shape and can see the content through the clear glass. The flat lid will have a 90deg elbow screwed on to clear the bonnet.

IMAG2096.jpg

Either mount the pair on a metal bracket here behind the headlight

IMAG2098.jpg

Or best place is in front of radiator to get really cold and condense as much vapours.

IMAG2099.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
2015-04-09 Blyton Park

Set off from early 5am, arrived 8am on a nice calm sunny day. It was already ½ full and don’t see any micras so parked amongst the civics, caterhams, lotuses, trailers, etc registered, began unloading when Alex arrived, hullo :)

We both moved n parked at the end, unloaded, swapped over to 595RSR, set cold pressures same as last time in November 2.5/2.7bar f/r, always so much to do but not enough time. 9am drivers briefing then went for a sighting lap.

9:30 Outer Circuit Sight Lap -----------------------------------------------------------------

Before:
Setup:
Dampers: 15/30 F/R
Tyres: 595RSR 2.5/2.7bar F/R
Weight:60% fuel, me & dad​

Warmed up the tyres n brakes and then recheck & correct the tyre pressures.

10:00 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before:
Setup:
Weight:60% fuel, me & dad​

Misc changes:
  • Brake bias 75/25 F/R
  • Topped up oil that was lost on way to blyton park

During:

Track Condition: dry & hot

Track feedback:
  • loose item sliding around the floor
  • high grip
  • high traction
  • unable to lock rear tyres with 50/50 bias
  • heel & toe hard braking for The Wiggler not slowing enough (soft shoes & touching throttle)
  • after swapping input shaft & new LSD, the synchro for 3rd/4th gear are now engaging faster

Track Times:
1:31 traffic
1:27

Was annoyed by some loose object sliding around the floor so pitted soon after, found it was my foot pump hiding under the seats which I thought I’d lost in the morning.

@07:37 whilst activating the suspension cam I noticed some oil spray on the scuttle panel & windscreen & smelt oily exhaust vapours, oil catch can?

Opened bonnet and OH FCK! Missing oil cap and ruined oil stains all over the once tidy bay :eek::oops: immediately shut off engine incase it was dry.

IMAG2075.jpg

So I’ve been blasting around Blyton with no oil cap eh. How the heck did that come off and where is it? Then realised I musta forgotton to tighten the cap after topping up after the sighting lap Doh! Such a dumb mistake.

I felt like James May in that topgear episode with the cheap porsche challenge yrs ago where he had carefully restored the 944 tidy engine bay for the porsche adjudicators, stiggy blasted it round the track only to find this mess afterwards.

porsche-challenge-oil-stain.gif

Checked oil level and thank god it’s still bout 60% so I’ve been lucky (saved by the annoying foot pump) that I didn’t run out of oil and ruined the engine.

Urm so I can’t find the cap anywhere, highly unlikely to find on track, Alex doesn’t have a spare and I can’t run without it…call Andy, but he’s already left on the way to the track.

He arrived, we sorted Alexs car out, me n andy went out to afew scrappys to grab an oil cap, musta been the fastest time I’ve been straight in/out of one, andy almost got carried away from looking at all the potential goldmine lol. Refitted oil cap and ready to go.

IMAG2076.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
12:17 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Before
:
Setup:
Weight: 50% fuel, me & andy​

Misc changes:
  • Fit new missing oil cap

During:

Track feedback:
  • high grip
  • high traction
  • high speed steady understeer
  • high speed rapid directional change creates oversteer to aid turn-in
  • heel & toe hard braking for The Wiggler not slowing enough (soft shoes & touching throttle)
  • braking with whole foot over pedal improves braking force
  • not enough servo assistance
  • long brake travel
  • moved to 50/50 brake bias
  • ½ throttle steady turns would understeer
  • high braking force
  • occasional rear tyre skid @50/50 trail heavy braking
  • legs need more seat support
  • seat cusion near RH thigh collapsed to bare metal frame & hurting my hips

Track Times:
1.23 traffic
1.31 traffic

13:40 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After lunch, went out with dad.

Before:
Setup:
Weight: 25% fuel, me & dad​

Misc changes:
  • Loosened throttle cable to lower position & avoid pushing both brake & throttle pedals during heel toeing.

During:

Track feedback:
  • slightly improved brake/throttle position
  • good high speed left turn grip
  • moderate right turn grip
  • better braking entry
  • high speed rapid directional change creates oversteer to aid turn-in
  • at high speed Port Froid = keep 100% WOT to lock front LSD, quickly turn steering 1m before apex to shift & settle weight transfer, stiff rear dampers will induce oversteer to help change direction rapidly when we reach apex
  • almost out of fuel

Track Times:
1.32 traffic
1.36 traffic
1.25 traffic

1.35 traffic
1.30 traffic

14:20 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The red saxo driver I was keeping up with was surprised & impressed.

Mentioned bout my understeer, found that they ran same tyres but at a lower 2bars whereas I was running 2.5/2.7bar and trying to keep the wear of both wheels within the thread patch and causing understeer.

Since the front needs more grip, I began to lower it to 2.2/2.7bar f/r and see if it improves mid-corner

Before:
Setup:
Tyres: 595RSR 2.2/2.7bar F/R
Weight: 10% fuel, me & sam​

Misc changes:
  • Saxo driver with same tyre advised lower tyre pressure towards 2bar.
  • Reduced fronts to 2.2bar to help understeer

During:

Track feedback:
  • improved front turn in
  • double pumping brakes has no effect so pedal is still within MC travel
  • brake pedal too low, also pushing throttle and not slowing down enough
  • need refuel

Track Times:
1.24 traffic

Forgotten to refuel with 5L reserve

OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
15:10 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Before:
Setup:
Tyres: 595RSR 2.2/2.7bar F/R
Weight: 25% fuel, me & sam​

Misc changes:
  • Refuelled with 5L reserve

During:

Track feedback:
  • found that 100% power before mid-corner locks the LSD and pulls the front end towards apex earlier
  • rapid steering changes before the apex at high speed induces a faster moment of inertia and helps turn-in
  • slightly improved brake/throttle position
  • Alexs lighter K11 can brake later
  • Trail braking 1st corner understeers
  • Trail braking last corner oversteers with 50/50 bias
  • During high speed RH trail braking when it oversteers, do not excessively countersteer left towards grass AND downshift badly which relocks the LSD to unsettle the car with the new steering angle and results in sudden LH snap onto grass. Further braking whilst skidding left just makes it worse. Instead, apply WOT or both braking & WOT to vector thrust the vehicles direction and point steering RH towards apex.
  • 100% braking in straights, ease trail braking during entry then WOT before apex.
  • Understeers once tyres working harder and hot pressure increased above 2.3/2.9bar

Track Times:
1.23 following alex
1.27 following alex
traffic & skidding off
1.26 traffic
1.24 traffic

0-60 approx 9s

Quickly out of fuel, went out with Alex to refuel at services

16:30 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Refuelled and took Alex around. Lowered the front down to 2bar to see if it reduces understeer more.

Before:
Setup:
Tyres: 595RSR 2.1/2.7bar F/R
Weight: 60% fuel, me & alex

Misc changes:
  • Refuelled 15L
  • Further reduced front pressures

During:

Track feedback:
  • Good high speed turn-in & neutral mid-corner balance & rapid directional change
  • Aggressive high-angle fast steering during WOT through Port Froid helps speed up turn-in directional changes
  • Either brake fade or brake pedal too low & touching throttle so overshot The Wiggler

Track Times:
1.26 traffic
1.36 traffic

16:50 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With the setup mostly dialed in, lets see how it handles with no passenger weight and light fuel load.

Before:
Setup:
Tyres: 595RSR 2.1/2.7bar F/R
Weight: 30% fuel, driver only​

During:

Track feedback:
  • More rapid acceleration & deceleration from reduced weight
  • 80kg driver weight on RH made it understeer during high speed slow steering right-left s-bend
  • very aggressive fast steering rate on high speed right-left s-bend makes it oversteer more
  • low speed turn-in & mid-corner is sharper
  • left foot braking during WOT when exiting left bend not very useful cos it won’t break rear grip to induce oversteer when most of the weight is transferred backwards under high acceleration pushing on the rear tyres and rear discs are not powerful enough.

Track Times:
1.27 traffic
1.40 traffic

0-60 approx 9s

After:
Tyres: 595RSR
2.1/2.7bar F/R Hot
2.0/2.6bar F/R Cold

Laptimes: Outer Circuit

10:00, 595RSR 2.5/2.7bar, passenger, 60% fuel =
1:27

12:17, 595RSR 2.5/2.7bar, passenger, 50% fuel =
1:26
1:22
1:26

13:40, 595RSR 2.5/2.7bar, passenger, 25% fuel =

15:10, 595RSR 2.2/2.7bar, passenger, 25% fuel =

16:30, 595RSR 2.1/2.7bar, passenger, 60% fuel =
1:24

16:50, 595RSR 2.1/2.7bar, driver only, 30% fuel =
1:21
1:20

my laptimes have been pretty consistant and progressively improved as I got more confident with the car & track, as fuel got lighter and especially with no passenger weight.

Oh another thing I found at the services on the way home whilst checking oil, was the missing oil cap on top of the turbo compressor housing :rolleyes:

Checked the new spark plugs after first day at blyton, look nice n clean.

IMAG2081.jpg

Changed to 15w40 oil & filter to see if it stops morning smoke, nope.

IMAG2082.jpg

Assessing the 595RSR, outer loaded shoulders getting worn the most.

Front right

IMAG2083.jpg
IMAG2084.jpg
IMAG2085.jpg

and there's this deep gash in it from somewhere

IMAG2095.jpg

Rear right

IMAG2086.jpg
IMAG2087.jpg
IMAG2088.jpg

Rear left
IMAG2089.jpg
IMAG2090.jpg
IMAG2091.jpg

Front left

IMAG2092.jpg
IMAG2093.jpg
IMAG2094.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
2015-04-11 Blyton Park

arrived at Blyton in gusty cold rain downpour that’ll clear at lunchtime.
It’s a nice oppurtunity to tune for the wet as well as dry conditions.

IMAG2100.jpg

Instead of getting my hands wet n freezing changing from t1r to 595rsr n back again later, I decided to keep the t1r on, tune it in the damp wet (since I’ll be running the deeper toyos if it rains in germany and federals if dry) then change to 595rsr once it’s dry.

9:04 Outer Circuit Sight Lap -----------------------------------------------------------------

Rather than run ½ tank and fill up several times, decided to brim up full for less hassle (later found she drinks faster than usual :p)

Before:
Setup:
Tyres: T1R 3/3bar F/R
Weight: 100% fuel, me & dad

09:40 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Started off with my normal pressures and 50/50 bias with passenger & full tank n see if it understeers or oversteers.

Before:
Setup:
Weight: 100% fuel, me & dad​

Misc changes:
  • Brake bias 50/50 F/R

During:
Track Condition: damp & cold windy

Track feedback:
  • Rears locking at 50/50 bias
  • Trying to WOT & lock the LSD mid-corner with T1R in damp makes it power understeer
  • Dial more front bias, less rear locking
  • Can only slowly feed throttle through corner without power understeer
  • Trail braking = understeer
  • Not enough confidence in low front grip to go WOT through high speed Port Froids

Track Times:
1.42 traffic
1.36 traffic
1.41 traffic

After:
Tyres: T1R 3.3/3.25bar F/R Hot

10:00 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ran same setup with only driver weight, improved turning & braking but brakes began to whirr and foot camera fell off.

Before:
Setup:
Weight: 90% fuel, driver only​

During:
Track Condition: damp & cold windy

Track feedback:
  • Groove disc very slightly whirring
  • Brake pedal too low
  • High speed s-bend better turn-in
  • Pedal camera fell out

Track Times:
1.32 traffic

0-60 approx 11s

10:30 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Taped the foot cam back on and lowered front pressure to help understeer. Track was drying so the tyres improve.

Before:
Setup:
Tyres: T1R 2.90/3bar F/R
Weight: 75% fuel, driver only​

Misc changes:
  • Secured pedal cam

During:
Track Condition: intermediate drying & cold windy

Track feedback:
  • High speed Port Froids with WOT = understeer
  • Good braking, no rear lockup with 50/50 bias
  • WOT low speed exit good grip

Track Times:
1.29 traffic
1.41 traffic

1.26 traffic

0-60 approx 11s

After:
Tyres: T1R 3.1/3.1bar F/R Hot

10:45 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sun was now drying the track and getting slightly better but these weak T1R are a lot more unstable than the 595RSR and just understeers.

Before:
Setup:
Tyres: T1R 2.90/3bar F/R
Weight: 50% fuel, driver only​

During:
Track Condition: dry & warm

Track feedback:
  • WOT exit turns good
  • High speed understeer
  • Brake pedal too low
  • Good brake force
  • No rear lockup at 50/50 bias

Track Times:
1.26 traffic
1.27 traffic

0-60 approx 9s

Last edited:
OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
11:50 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With a dry track, time to change to the sticky 595RSR. Left cold pressures same as last time. Feels so much better n stable

Before:
Setup:
Tyres: 595RSR 1.9/2.4bar F/R Cold
Weight: 25% fuel, me & dad​

During:

Track feedback:
  • Grooved disc whirr becoming noticable
  • Slight high speed Port Froids understeer
  • Good brake force
  • Occasional slight rear lockup at 50/50 bias
  • WOT low speed exit good grip

Track Times:
1.27 traffic

Laptimes: Outer Circuit

09:40, T1R 3/3bar, passenger, 100% fuel =

10:30, T1R 2.9/3.0bar, driver, 75% fuel =

10:45 T1R 2.9/3.0bar, driver, 50% fuel =

11:50, 595RSR 2.1/2.7bar, passenger, 25% fuel =
1:30

once again consistant improvements as the track dries and especially changing to a gripper 595rsr, I reached the same 1:21 best time as last time, even with a passenger onboard.

13:33 Eastern Circuit Sight Lap -------------------------------------------------------------

Refuelled during lunch, found she actually does 16mpg on track at full chat :eek:

We would now change over to the Eastern circuit layout so had to go for a sighting lap

Before:
Setup:
Tyres: 595RSR 2.0/2.7bar F/R
Weight: 100% fuel, driver only​

During:

Track feedback:
  • Notice louder brake disc whirring plus slight whirr during right turns

14:30 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The louder whirring noise was concerning, checked the disc and ABS ring n wheel bearing but they’re all fine? Adjusted pressures to 2.0/2.7bar f/r and found the brake pedal locknut was loose causing the pedal to drop abit. Lifted the brakes back up and loosened the throttle cable to drop the pedal lower.

Before:
Setup:
Weight: 100% fuel, me & andy​

Misc changes:
  • Bias 50/50
  • Readjusted loose brake pedal shaft
  • Loosen & lowered throttle pedal
  • Check if wheel bearing or ABS ring was whirring, all ok

During:

Track feedback:
  • Brakes bite much higher, can apply more pressure without touching throttle
  • Brake pedal briefly became very high, then return to normal height
  • Brake probably faded later on?

Track Times:
1.42 traffic

1.32 traffic

1.30 traffic

1.28 traffic

1.31 traffic

1.29 traffic

I luv this eastern circuit layout, such a thrilling challenge.

15:30 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brakes were too high so lowered it abit and went out with colin.

Before:
Setup:
Tyres: 595RSR 2.0/2.6bar F/R
Weight: 75% fuel, me & colin​

Misc changes:
  • brake pedal slightly lower

During:

Track feedback:
  • Brake pedal slightly too low
  • Good brake force
  • No rear lockup
  • Good high speed direction change
  • Last corner front tyres always squeals
  • Bumpy curva grande always squealing on braking limit
  • Once tyre loses traction, locks & squeals after hitting bump on curva grand, it understeers if still trail braking. Must reapply brake & steering to regain traction

Track Times:
1.47 traffic

1.28 traffic

1.28 traffic
1.29 traffic
1.29 traffic

After:
Tyres: 595RSR 2.3/2.8bar F/R Hot

Tyre pressures is a continuous chain reaction.
Correct the pressure, they work better & harder whilst within designed spec, gets hotter, pressure builds till handling degrades, recheck pressure, rinse & repeat.

15:50 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Moved brakes abit higher to what I like. Went out with lower fuel and no passenger, it felt good n confident. The worn seat was abit painful but was exciting keeping up with this fire spitting black mx5 with a honda engine.

Before:
Setup:
Weight: 50% fuel, driver only​

Misc changes:
  • brake pedal slightly higher

During:

Track feedback:
  • Grooved disc rumble noise from totally worn inner LH pad
  • Good brake pedal firmness point
  • Slightly squishy brake pedal

Track Times:
black flag cos of bonnet
1.26 following mx5 honda
1.24 following mx5 honda
1.24 following mx5 honda

0-60 approx 11s

Laptimes: Eastern Circuit

14:30, 595RSR 2.0/2.7bar, passenger, 100% fuel =
1:33

15:30, 595RSR 2.0/2.6bar, passenger, 75% fuel =
1:25

15:50, 595RSR 2.0/2.7bar, driver, 50% fuel =

Getting consistantly faster as I learnt the layout and fuel got lighter. Reached peak best at 1:22 with no passenger but got held up behind the black honda engined mx5.

It’s been a successful few test days at blyton.

IMAG2102.jpg

Driving back home with cold brakes, the grooved discs were now really really whirring loudly and brakes don’t bite as hard.
Later found at home that the inner LH pad has actually worn down to bare metal to metal! Woops
These grooved discs are a cheese pad grater, need to change over back to smooth oem discs

Last edited:
OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
That gash in the last picture looks like the tire delamination that a lot of the 595rsrs suffer from

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

no idea, just a clean straight tear across the face, pot hole? or when I skidded off into the gravel/tarmac at the last bend with sam? it's the highly loaded front RH tyre on an anti-clockwise track.

OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
dad took some photos on the first blyton trackday and its interesting looking at the weight transfer

launching out the pits, how the rear squats down

IMG_6135.JPG
IMG_6142.JPG

corner entry

entry.gif

mid corner

mid.gif

corner exit under WOT, the RH fully loaded and most of the weight going on the rear right wheel pushing it into the arch and the rear left wheel is made to mimic the motion by the multilink beam axle and stiff swaybar to resist roll upto a point till it lifts up. most drivers commenting how much my inner rear wheel always pops up on every corner :D

exit.gif

I like these motion blur shots he took

IMG_6577.JPG
IMG_6580.JPG

no idea, just a clean straight tear across the face, pot hole? or when I skidded off into the gravel/tarmac at the last bend with sam? it's the highly loaded front RH tyre on an anti-clockwise track.

Not sure what causes it to be honest. CoV on AOC had a similar issue running the same tires daily. It seems a very common issue with them. A quick Google would probably give more information :)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Happened on the Avon CR500's I was running a few events a go, have just carried on and they've been fine :) it is odd though

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
Haha, I was laughing over my morning cuppa at you chucking it into that high speed left hander with the tyres squeeling Paul.

OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
Happened on the Avon CR500's I was running a few events a go, have just carried on and they've been fine :) it is odd though

it's the 1st I've seen this before, I'll see how it goes over next few tracks. not read bout anyone with the same cracks having a blowout on track.

OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
Haha, I was laughing over my morning cuppa at you chucking it into that high speed left hander with the tyres squeeling Paul.
amazing skill doing that^
I want to swap him out for that bird with 2 ear studs in the F1 :) you get me?

u mean when I skidded off or that awsome fast right-left Port Froids? twas loads fun when it works out well. luv how u just have to force her into the corner (urrm that sounded really wrong haha) and believe she'll make it stick.

lewis?

SuperUno

Buy & Sell Member
Two great reports there :)

Couple of things, where do you mount your suspension view camera? And the shoes you are wearing are quite wide so that won't help the catching the throttle / brake pedal issue. Proper driving boots are quite narrow.

Also you are FAR less aggressive behind the wheel than I am....!

OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
Two great reports there :)

Couple of things, where do you mount your suspension view camera? And the shoes you are wearing are quite wide so that won't help the catching the throttle / brake pedal issue. Proper driving boots are quite narrow.

Also you are FAR less aggressive behind the wheel than I am....!

The smoother the better!

Less aggressive steering input allows for weight to move around, basically giving better traction :)

thanks matt n alex

some behind the scenes shots
DSC00337.JPG
DSC00338.JPG
DSC00339.JPG

tis just cos I wear the same uniform all day, I'm comfy in it and cos I used the car daily to/from work, I learnt heel & toe in my work clothes/shoes n adapted to em but they can only do so much and cos of the long brake pedal issue, it's beginning to make me mash both pedals. tis like heel toeing in wide trainers :p
so yeah agree narrow driving footwear would be better once I resolve this pedal height travel issue. ohh actually I had some slim narrow smooth-sole running trainers that I once liked driving in but haven't worn in yrs, give em a try soon.

hehe the smooth driving style is just what I'm used to (prob learnt from racing games to get fastest times) that helps provide a consistant and stable performance. taught to be smooth, slow in fast out, not overwhelm the tyre with limited capacity. I used to find that sharp agressive steering on cold street tyres would just upset the balance, front understeers and shreds tyres.

but now with sticky hot semi's (no pun intended ppl lol) balanced suspension, locking LSD and high torque, it's a totally different dynamic behaviour.
so the past two trackdays have been two things:
discover kasandra's sporty side, taking her out for a run/sprint so-to-speak, her personality under load, her strengths weaknesses, what setup she likes or hates.
second is redeveloping my own skills on how I should drive her in any situation/scenario to achieve the best out of her and stay outa trouble.

to discover with her working LSD, stiffer rear end and sticky solid shoes that likes to be forced & pushed around corners was a nice surprise to find over the past two days. she's one naughty feisty girl eh ;) winkwink

is it a worry that I have so many sexual or relationship innuendos with kasandra? :D:p or maybe I look into it too much. ehh moving on..

OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
oh talking of steering smoothness, that highspeed Port Froids I like where I just flick her the other way I do find that the rate of steering change, how aggressive I force her, changing her moment of inertia was a very useful technique to affect her handling.

if I go too smooth, the tyres already reached a limit and generally understeers.
too aggressively fast, the stiff rear dampers lift the inside wheel to lose grip induce oversteer and the rapid moment of inertia makes the car spin too fast into apex and oversteers.
there's a fine balance to get this rate of inertia just right to make her turn and bite the road.

OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
for Andy, here's the pics of the K11 strut towers

DSC00330.JPG
DSC00331.JPG

underneath the front stud

DSC00332.JPG

under the rear stud

DSC00333.JPG

there's little room for a disc shaped topplate

DSC00334.JPG
DSC00335.JPG
DSC00336.JPG

border.JPG
hole.JPG
studs.JPG

to fit a disc plate underneath but within the rounded edges, it'd be 101mm dia and the stud bolts would be at the very ends to secure it, getting the gap between the studs is important to keep it securely locked.

topcap.JPG

OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
changed engine & LSD oil

IMAG2103.jpg

usual bits on the gearbox plug

IMAG2104.jpg

andy sending me a pair of normal smooth gtir discs. another ££ two sets of pads for next few tracks & germany, just hope they last longer on standard discs.

IMAG2105.jpg

OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
lets sort this throttle pedal out. trying the stack some bits over the original bumpstop is fiddly and rough, instead I need it adjustable

IMAG2106.jpg

removed the cable

IMAG2107.jpg

abit of the rear outer cable snapped but that's ok and no issue

IMAG2108.jpg

cut off this useless bit

IMAG2109.jpg

also cut off this useless rubber cusion for more precise feel and also allows me to drop the pedal even further without affecting the cable

IMAG2110.jpg

tapped & fitted an M12 stud

IMAG2111.jpg

now I'm able to fully adjust the brake vs throttle pedal height till it's perfect and I don't mash both pedals.

IMAG2114.jpg

need to wrap some cusion on the stud cos metal/metal makes a loud tapping noise when I release the pedal

OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
Andy! new episode of project binky :eek::):D

once again seriously impressed with the ingenuity, the slider bumpstop, stamped scuttle vents, rad/IC mount,
@16:55 the motorised bonnet I was :eek: then his grin @17:00 was lmao :D
I could do with em s2000 seats.

OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
disassembling the rear load sensing brake valve

DSC00340.JPG
DSC00341.JPG

the arm has a balance rocker to keep even load between the two plungers

DSC00342.JPG
DSC00343.JPG

remove dust cover

DSC00344.JPG

these unbolt

DSC00345.JPG
DSC00346.JPG
DSC00347.JPG
DSC00348.JPG
DSC00349.JPG

the sprung loaded plungers

DSC00350.JPG
DSC00351.JPG

one-way valve

DSC00352.JPG

and the internal plumbing

DSC00353.JPG
DSC00354.JPG
DSC00355.JPG

OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
while I'm here & before I throw this ABS modulator out, once again curious to see what's inside :cool:

DSC00356.JPG

DSC00357.JPG
DSC00358.JPG
DSC00359.JPG
DSC00361.JPG
DSC00362.JPG
DSC00363.JPG

disconnect electrics

DSC00364.JPG

the pump unit is isolated from the metal frame via rubber pegs

DSC00365.JPG
DSC00366.JPG

removed

DSC00367.JPG

unbolt & remove the cover

DSC00368.JPG
DSC00369.JPG

interesting, these are the solenoid valves for each port

DSC00370.JPG
DSC00371.JPG

wiring comes through to the solenoids here

DSC00372.JPG
DSC00373.JPG

unbolt the motor

DSC00375.JPG

and pops out

DSC00377.JPG

so here's the elliptical cam that drives the pump

DSC00378.JPG
DSC00379.JPG

inside the housing are the pumping pistons

DSC00380.JPG
DSC00381.JPG
DSC00383.JPG

this bit unscrews

DSC00384.JPG
DSC00385.JPG
DSC00386.JPG

this is as far as I'll take it and has been interesting

h701micra

Deactivated Account
Andy! new episode of project binky :eek::):D

once again seriously impressed with the ingenuity, the slider bumpstop, stamped scuttle vents, rad/IC mount,
@16:55 the motorised bonnet I was :eek: then his grin @17:00 was lmao :D
I could do with em s2000 seats.

Oh I know :D
I was sat waiting for the upload from 7:30. Watched episode 8 as a reminder.
Posted to Richard saying I'd watched 8 and ready for 9.. 4 minutes later he'd uploaded it. So the world came to a temporary pause while it was watched.
Flip front goes up...

Last edited:
OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
ok dug abit deeper into the ABS unit

removed this nut

DSC00387.JPG

to reveal this filter before the pump

DSC00388.JPG