OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
fitted and its holding boost :cool:

IMAG1825.jpg

had difficult talk with boss,
stated my issues with finance, career path, family, lost passion, unresolved inefficiencies in company,

said gave him 1-2weeks till I leave n need to sort out my life n already have interest from other ppl.

he gave the sigh/worried/down look :(:rolleyes: saying that the company and all this legacy work of ours will all crash without me, he needed more time like few months to look for replacement n desperately save his company n suggested to offer bit more salery (I could've gotten more from working in a call centre ffs) but tbh its all too little too late whereas I just wanna move on.

we didn't come to a conclusion cos he needed time to think n resolve so we'll discuss again on monday.
why can't it be simple:rolleyes:

OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
one of the lead clips snapped so printed another with clear ABS

IMAG1827.jpg

noticed the wipers were starting to lift/miss areas of the windscreen at speed so measured the blades

IMAG1828.jpg

printed afew initial designs

IMAG1829.jpg
IMAG1830.jpg
IMAG1831.jpg

final design

spoiler.JPG
IMAG1832.jpg

spoiler clips onto the existing blades to help push it down abit. printing the rest

IMAG1833.jpg

fitted and its holding boost :cool:

View attachment 40177

had difficult talk with boss,
stated my issues with finance, career path, family, lost passion, unresolved inefficiencies in company,

said gave him 1-2weeks till I leave n need to sort out my life n already have interest from other ppl.

he gave the sigh/worried/down look :(:rolleyes: saying that the company and all this legacy work of ours will all crash without me, he needed more time like few months to look for replacement n desperately save his company n suggested to offer bit more salery (I could've gotten more from working in a call centre ffs) but tbh its all too little too late whereas I just wanna move on.

we didn't come to a conclusion cos he needed time to think n resolve so we'll discuss again on monday.
why can't it be simple:rolleyes:

Im going through the same thing atm, its a nightmare. Hope it works out for you

OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
andy thx for showing me around the full workshop yesterday ;) had a gr8 time helping ur m8 change that VW cv boot and really enjoyed our long chat and thx for giving me the primera MC.
tis a bumma that it's not economically viable yet for me to join cos I feel I could help out with soo much to alleviate ur workload but the idea of fixing / designing / modifying cars is certainly the sort of career I wanna pursue.

hopefully once I resolve & stabilise my life and ur business has grown enough, we'll eventually work together.

btw next time we meet I'll need to measure, design n print that broken compartment hinge in the celica.

OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
Im going through the same thing atm, its a nightmare. Hope it works out for you

aye this is a very difficult radical lifechanging decision, another tricky cross-road to navigate through in life but suppose I gotta follow my own sat-nav of whats in my best interest, my future, and not be a slave to other ppls ambition anymore.

OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
i cant see that holding 10psi over time personally paul, these air-to-air exchanger exh gas recirculation chambers might be an option ? linked to that crankcase pipe so that it condenses the vapours

View attachment 40192 View attachment 40193

it's holding vacuum n boost fine for now, trackday is another matter.
posting current findings below..

that air-air exchanger in alloy & mounted near the front might be a good idea to consider (to ideally cool & condense & collect the vapours), will have to work towards that ;)

Last edited:
OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
driving over 300m to/from andys yesterday, it continues to burn upto 1L of oil.

tday lets check what tha cans have captured

IMAG1837.jpg

opps snapped one of the plastic ends, redesign a stronger end

IMAG1838.jpg

blimey the insides of the pcv-manifold can is heavily coated

IMAG1839.jpg

ah problem with oil vapour is the ABS plastic surface swells n break apart (or it could be the high vacuum sucking the underside of the plastic inwards)

IMAG1843.jpg

look at all that oil collected towards the inlet stream o_O the outlet pipe of the can is still oily so the design needs refining to collect even more vapour

IMAG1840.jpg

the breather-turbo inlet side of the can only has a tiny smear of residue cos it's mostly under vacuum where fresh air is sucked from the air filter into the engine cover during the long cruise and only build up oil during the short bursts of boost

IMAG1841.jpg
IMAG1842.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
been abit of a delay updating cos this has been the darkest, most stressful, depressing, worrying, sickeningly ill, out-crying week of my entire professional work life FFS!! :rolleyes:

boss was out all monday so didn't talk bout the leave.

tuesday - we met up and he tried to convince the idea that he's now finally gathered some bank investment over the weekend and has all these potential work lined up n just needed couple months from me to allow him to hire a project manager n programmer to relieve my workload n smooth out the transition of leaving whilst keeping the business alive. workm8s also mentioned there's higher chance of finding work whilst working (but I have my familys takeaway shop as a safety net anyway)

two months is a long time to be skinned alive, I just wanna leave n move on in life. he's a good salesman who sweet-talks to manipulate weaker ppl like me so I was hesitant to agree n said I'll think bout it.

back at home me n family had a long debate over the issue. we concluded that cos I have no written contract or anything binding n my job status is made-up, I should ask him if he has my p45. dad says if yes then I'm employed n give him 1-2wk notice. if no, then I'm working for no-one n should just walk straight out.
added up my bills and my salary ain't even 1/2 the legal min-wage!!!!

wednesday - feeling horrid n cautious of finding the right moment to face the devil n ask if he has the p45.
he didn't have my p45, my last jobs p45 arrived late, I showed him n he didn't think he needed it at the time..urm alarm bells ringing in head shouting get out get out! o_O but I don't have courage to simply rudely walk out with a bad impression n just stayed till home time.
asked bout my employment status, says I'm kinda a registered employee but also a named director so he doesn't have to pay me min-wage to keep costs low (this I don't really understand, I'm a part-director but mostly a lead developer & project manager so surely I'm under employment entitlements?).

twas hard to break it to him but said I can't physically or mentally last anymore n wanna resign, says how long n I answered a generous 2-3wks during the panic (kicking myself shoulda just left 1wk).
he also asked if my susp balancing app was ready so his company can put in store n sell it, wth I'm slightly offended? it's my personal idea, we never signed the agreement contract for the app, so I'm obviously not gonna let him have it to make profit after I leave. my idea, my business of what I wanna do with it, end-of.

mom rang, told bout the missing p45, shouted wth am I still doing there n gave away 3wks?,,talk bout it later.
driving home with too many thoughts n worries I just wanna drive farr away or off a cliff or lamp post xp

stress getting to me n made me have sore throat n coughing n flu etc this is hell. :(:oops:
I really wanna leave but there's so many doubts n guilt n missing info bout my legal rights, I really need professional advice other than friends & family word of mouth.
so helpless n lonely.
sent email confirming my final leave notice of 2wks.

thursday - call in sick cos I'm in no state to work. visited the local advice bureu n presented the whole story to the assessment guy and we both agreed that something is really wrong here.
even if I was listed director, cos I'm also doing all this employee type stuff as a main developer etc and I'm definately overworking wayy too many hours overtime unpaid and without contract and only paid pennys (he couldn't believe I was living of this little) he said surely I'd somehow be entitled to min-wage. we booked an appointment to see an advisor bout my situation n employment laws etc, abit reassuring but this shiz just got serious.

meanwhile I'll have to hang on for 2wks :oops:

I'm very sorry to read that Paul. This can and only will get better.

My advice, see your doctor as I cannot imagine I your situation you would be fit for work. If you were signed off and handed in your sick note at least your NI would be paid up for the period and you could spend the time looking after your health and resolving the matter.

Your kind nature might have bit you in the backside but can only be a positive in the future.

@h701 give this Man a job :)

OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
printed a clamp fitted under the lip of the can that the lid top would screw down onto

IMAG1845.jpg

printed another top

IMAG1846.jpg

to seal the top onto the lip of the tin can, used an elastic band

IMAG1847.jpg

rather than print a plastic port for the rubber hoses, which can snap it off, I cut a 10mm pipe off a spare dipstick tube

IMAG1844.jpg

popped the tube into the top but there's a problem of how to seal it up

IMAG1848.jpg
IMAG1849.jpg
IMAG1850.jpg

on the next print, the tube would be inserted into port holes that go across the printed grains rather than along the weak grains

IMAG1855.jpg
IMAG1856.jpg
IMAG1857.jpg

but doh, forgot bout the lip sticking inwards

IMAG1859.jpg

redesign #18 the tubes will be threaded n screwed into a mounting block which is then glued onto the top side

catch 18 1.JPG
catch 18 2.JPG
catch 18 3.JPG
catch 18 4.JPG
IMAG1879.jpg

glued the block to the topside and tapped the tubes

DSC09997.JPG
DSC09999.JPG

threadlocked the tubes onto the block to seal it

DSC09998.JPG

all clamped

IMAG1881.jpg

n fitted

DSC00003.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
wondered for few weeks why this plastic cover on this non-abs k11 master cylinder won't unclip off easily.
since I'll now be using this primera MC andy gave me, let's do some destructive exploration eh :p snapped the clips off

IMAG1864.jpg

eventually it nudged off and yep it was abit of corrosion n o-ring keeping it stuck on

IMAG1865.jpg

so here's the primary stage on the piston

IMAG1866.jpg
IMAG1868.jpg

all disassembled

IMAG1869.jpg

primary piston unscrews apart

IMAG1870.jpg

2nd stage piston

IMAG1871.jpg

inside the bore

IMAG1872.jpg

slight rust outside the o-ring seal

IMAG1873.jpg

and now the new MC off a P11 2.0L primera andy gave me. this only has 2-ports so will have to completely re-do the entire brake lines to have one circuit for the fronts removing the ABS unit and then another circuit going to the rear removing the stock bias compensator and will prob have to fit a manual bias adjuster. not a small job

IMAG1861.jpg
IMAG1862.jpg
IMAG1863.jpg

lets look inside

IMAG1874.jpg
IMAG1875.jpg

remove circlip

IMAG1876.jpg

used a tap to pull the piston out

IMAG1877.jpg
IMAG1878.jpg

looks alright, can't get the 2nd piston out n dare not disturb it so just reassemble.

a rough camparison in the engine bay and notice there's gonna be a big issue with the massive MC potentially fouling the fuel reg in the modified sr20 rails :/
so the rail or reg may need modifying/remounting?

DSC00001.JPG
DSC00002.JPG

need to get the car ready in a month for blyton park on 9th april and this issue'll be a spanner in the works.

The work situation sounds very stressful, as I mentioned I'm going through similar ( not as bad though) and one of the things my grandfather said which finally made me decide to leave was " you work for them not live for them."
As for the program you might find that it belongs to the company ( it sucks but it tends to be the way it is) especially if you developed any part of it on their machines. A few things I've done (pressure control in the water industry) ive purposly kept it secret.

Good luck getting it sorted though

Have you considered the skyline MS Paul?

It's the larger bore, 4 take off points like the k11, and isn't much longer so no fouling issues?

Just a thought as a time saver

OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
The work situation sounds very stressful, as I mentioned I'm going through similar ( not as bad though) and one of the things my grandfather said which finally made me decide to leave was " you work for them not live for them."
As for the program you might find that it belongs to the company ( it sucks but it tends to be the way it is) especially if you developed any part of it on their machines. A few things I've done (pressure control in the water industry) ive purposly kept it secret.

Good luck getting it sorted though

aye they are just an employer, I work for them.
they are NOT family, plus I don't have any equity of the company.

i disagree bout who owns the program idea due to several points:
  • there's no written employee or invention contract so no binding legal evidence to say that stuff employees think of in private belongs to the employer,
  • there's no written agreement bout the sharing of the program or % of the profits made from it between me n the employer, only word of mouth which means nothing
  • there's no evidence that this program was in any way designed in-house (it was designed privately myself for own use, it was never part of the companys demo line or proof of concepts etc and definately not a client paid contract)
  • the program was never completed nor ready for release at all
so the way I see it, I do what I want with it.

the big lesson here is to keep all personal projects privately secret from anyone or any company until there's a binding agreement, just like a patent.

OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
Have you considered the skyline MS Paul?

It's the larger bore, 4 take off points like the k11, and isn't much longer so no fouling issues?

Just a thought as a time saver

aye, but can't be certain it'll fit without raw measurements, but as you'll see later on I found a replacement...

OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
Glad to see you've got a solution Paul.

You should have said if you needed measurements if have measured mine :)

Hope your feeling better mate

it'll be good to compare measurements n add as a sticky to a brakes mod thread.

mentally I'm less stressed n abit relieved
physically i'm at the later stage of the cough bug spreading around, so still coughing my chest off #cough!!!#

OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
Brake Master Cylinder Upgrade

primera 2.0L servo arrived off ebay

IMAG1889.jpg

comparing the non-abs K11 micra MC to the P11 primera MC there's a HUGE difference

IMAG1891.jpg

IMAG1892.jpg

K11 Micra MC:
100mm long,
23mm outer dia,
est 41.5cm3 / 41ml outside volume,
servo hole spacing 100mm,
servo/MC pin = 30mm offset from mating face.

P11 Primera MC:
150mm long,
33mm outer dia,
est 128.3cm3 / 128.3ml outer volume (x3.09 bigger than K11),
servo hole spacing 80mm,
servo/MC pin = flush with mating face.

the K11 system has a total length of 185mm
the P11 system has a total length of 260mm
the available space from bulkhead to the fuel rail nearby is bout 225mm so the primera system definately won't fit.

if using K11 servo, the MC must be within 140mm
if using P11 servo, the MC must be within 115mm

instead of reading online & guessing which MC to use, order it online & only to find it won't fit (bare in mind it must all be ready by april), let's take factual readings down the local scrapyard of what will fit..

in my sick coughing state and in the cold gale force winds blowing me around and smashing bonnets on top of me, I walk through Every single car in the massive yard measuring which MC will fit.
first measure if the bolt spacing is either 100mm or 80mm for the two servos I have.
second is measure if the length is within the available space.
third is measure the dia to calc volume then prioritise em large - small.

ordered in size of volume, here are the cars I found to fit either a K11 or P11 servo:
  1. Citreon C3 = K11 servo, 140mm long, 30mm dia, 99ml (x2.38 larger)
  2. Kia Rivo = P11 servo, 120mm long, 30mm dia, 84.8ml (x2.04 larger)
  3. Mitsibishi Colt = K11 servo, 110mm long, 30mm dia, 77.8ml (x1.87 larger)
  4. Toyota Yaris = P11 servo, 120mm long, 25mm dia, 59ml (x1.42 larger)
Mitsibishi Colt
IMAG1886.jpg

the Colt has a level reservoir (but prob too long), it seals to the servo along the front face like the K11, and is well within the available length but the servo/MC pin slot is 35mm offset (so the piston is partially applied once bolted up to the servo, further shortening the available travel :/ )

IMAG1885.jpg

Citreon C3

IMAG1888.jpg
IMAG1887.jpg

the C3 fits the K11 servo, has the same 30mm servo/MC pin offset, same bolt holes and has the largest capacity and yet still within the available space but the reservoir is tilted alot and very long (but I'll find an alternative), and this is a 2-port ABS cylinder so I'll have to join the fronts and rears into 1 port, and seals along the bore hole rather than along the front face (so will have to fit perfectly)

IMAG1883.jpg
IMAG1884.jpg

decided to purchase the better fitting Citreon C3 MC for £15

IMAG1893.jpg
IMAG1894.jpg
IMAG1895.jpg

comparing the C3 MC to the K11 MC (notice the reservoir holes might be compatible?)

IMAG1896.jpg

the ridge on the C3 is slightly bigger than the servo bore hole of the K11 but abit of filing will fix that and it'll slot in

IMAG1897.jpg

so here comparing the C3 MC and K11 servo (it just about fits in the space) vs the primera system.

IMAG1898.jpg

so if this works, it's one to add to the sticky as an "almost" direct fit upgrade.

OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
unscrew the bolt anchoring the reservoir down, and then pop it off

IMAG1900.jpg

oh yes, luckily the K11 reservoir lines up perfectly with the C3 M/C :)

IMAG1901.jpg
IMAG1903.jpg

next issue is the bolt holes are at a different angle :/

IMAG1904.jpg

thought I could redrill some new stud holes but then thinking further I could simply just separate and rejoin the front/rear of the servo casing at a different angle.
so bent open all the tabs and it came apart

IMAG1905.jpg
IMAG1906.jpg

here's the insides of a K11 vacuum servo

IMAG1907.jpg
IMAG1908.jpg
IMAG1909.jpg
IMAG1910.jpg
IMAG1911.jpg
IMAG1912.jpg
IMAG1913.jpg
IMAG1914.jpg
IMAG1915.jpg
IMAG1916.jpg
IMAG1917.jpg
IMAG1918.jpg
IMAG1919.jpg
IMAG1920.jpg
IMAG1921.jpg
IMAG1922.jpg
IMAG1923.jpg
IMAG1924.jpg

cut off this locating tab so I can remount the casings at any angle

IMAG1925.jpg

clamp the two shells tightly together with g-clamp and then punch the tabs inwards to lock it in place

IMAG1926.jpg

complete modified C3 M/C & K11 servo to fit the micra :cool:

IMAG1927.jpg
IMAG1928.jpg

just need to grind down the o-ring lips to slot into the servo bore

OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
My advice, see your doctor as I cannot imagine I your situation you would be fit for work. If you were signed off and handed in your sick note at least your NI would be paid up for the period and you could spend the time looking after your health and resolving the matter.

ur right skinner, I went to the docs and they said from the continuous 50-75 hrs/week I did for the past 2yrs, well below min-wage, with almost no holiday (other than JAE and xmas), no exercise, multiple stressful workloads, frequent headaches, moderate high blood pressure, I'm no longer fit for work and gave note that I must take 2weeks off to recover :(
this job has pushed me over the edge physically, mentally, emotionally, financially to this point :oops:
must rest now

ur right skinner, I went to the docs and they said from the continuous 50-75 hrs/week I did for the past 2yrs, well below min-wage, with almost no holiday (other than JAE and xmas), no exercise, multiple stressful workloads, frequent headaches, moderate high blood pressure, I'm no longer fit for work and gave note that I must take 2weeks off to recover :(
this job has pushed me over the edge physically, mentally, emotionally, financially to this point :oops:
must rest now

I hope you do rest bud.

I'm a benefit assessor so see people day in day out with sick notes scrounging. It's easy to spot the people like you however that need help/ work very hard and deserve it but would never ask for time off

Nice work on the servo as well if just been tinkering myself :)

h701micra

Deactivated Account
andy thx for showing me around the full workshop yesterday ;) had a gr8 time helping ur m8 change that VW cv boot and really enjoyed our long chat and thx for giving me the primera MC.
tis a bumma that it's not economically viable yet for me to join cos I feel I could help out with soo much to alleviate ur workload but the idea of fixing / designing / modifying cars is certainly the sort of career I wanna pursue.

hopefully once I resolve & stabilise my life and ur business has grown enough, we'll eventually work together.

btw next time we meet I'll need to measure, design n print that broken compartment hinge in the celica.
It was good to have you around Paul. Always welcome as I've said :)

I'll definitely see to it that when I'm in the position to slot you in I will do. In the meantime I've plenty of things I can hand your way to work on and we can get started on the small stuff.
That laser cut plate for example is a good starting point

Look out for a text or 2 im the next day or 2 :)
You're welcome to primera MC I hope its of some use to you in some way. Reading back its a tad huge. The shorter K10 servo would've been my bet :)

Celica hinge is a must... that shoddy design work that Toyota need a slap for.

Regarding your situation, the suspension balancing app is 100% yours.. if you're a director of the company you're entitled to a % of an monies the company makes. That said if the company owns your app.. and you're a director then youw own the app anyway. Without correct contracts in place your design can't be taken from you. I'll happily work with you to develop it. I'll get the proper scales out and the current software I use to see if it sparks a new idea for you to add

I'm very sorry to read that Paul. This can and only will get better.

Your kind nature might have bit you in the backside but can only be a positive in the future.

@h701 give this Man a job :)
I'll see to it that Paul has a space here in the future :)

OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
I hope you do rest bud.

I'm a benefit assessor so see people day in day out with sick notes scrounging. It's easy to spot the people like you however that need help/ work very hard and deserve it but would never ask for time off

Nice work on the servo as well if just been tinkering myself :)

thx 4 ur support paul. yea guess I've been too helpful for others to take advantage of me whilst forgetting to care for myself and led to this.

getting closer with the brake system but I see there's gonna be tons of work to do.

OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
It was good to have you around Paul. Always welcome as I've said :)

I'll definitely see to it that when I'm in the position to slot you in I will do. In the meantime I've plenty of things I can hand your way to work on and we can get started on the small stuff.
That laser cut plate for example is a good starting point

Look out for a text or 2 im the next day or 2 :)
Celica hinge is a must... that shoddy design work that Toyota need a slap for.

aye, either post a detailed sketch or I could measure it up next time we meet up n I'll estimate a quote for the job

You're welcome to primera MC I hope its of some use to you in some way. Reading back its a tad huge. The shorter K10 servo would've been my bet :)

just a tad big :p
there obviously was no k10 at my yard to measure, only facelift k11, and to use the P11 cylinder, the servo woulda had to be below 75mm deep with the same bolt holes, but I'll see if this combo works. uknow the depth of the k10 servo?

Regarding your situation, the suspension balancing app is 100% yours.. if you're a director of the company you're entitled to a % of an monies the company makes. That said if the company owns your app.. and you're a director then youw own the app anyway. Without correct contracts in place your design can't be taken from you. I'll happily work with you to develop it. I'll get the proper scales out and the current software I use to see if it sparks a new idea for you to add

way I see it as an analogy, he may have only contributed to and purchased the fluffy dice or go faster stripes to spice up the car but I still own my kitcar itself. he can have the fluffy stuff if he wants but the car comes with me :p

If I learnt anything from this hoopla, no contract & no pay = no work.

I'll see to it that Paul has a space here in the future :)

thx andy

OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
carefully grinded a mm all round the lip to get from 46mm to 44mm dia to slot into the servo hole

DSC00004.JPG

but the o-ring is much too big

DSC00005.JPG

instead lets just bond the thing to the servo :D

DSC00006.JPG
DSC00007.JPG

fixed

DSC00008.JPG

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
Interestingly I run exactly the same size front cylinder on the pedal box setup as OEM @ 0.750" (19.05mm) running servo-less.

Doubly nice, as the effective cylinder area of the AP caliper that will go on as an upgrade have the same effective piston area as the AD22VF.

OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
since all the previous catchcan designs with the ports pointing sideways failed to either seal properly or stay intact, I resimplified the design:

the metal ports will be screwed on vertically onto the one-piece cap so no need to glue a separate weaker piece on top and cause leaks.
the elastic band seal will be pushed down onto the wider inner lip of the tin can rather than the thin flimsy outer rim.
the outside of the lid & rim will be taped together to provide 2 seals.
the V-band will clamp the lid on to both push the elastic band seal and to withstand boost.

can 19a.JPG
can 19b.JPG

printed it out

IMAG1929.jpg

elastic band seal

IMAG1930.jpg

thread locked the ports in

IMAG1931.jpg
IMAG1932.jpg

cellotaped the rim to both seal & hold it together

IMAG1933.jpg

finally clamped together

IMAG1934.jpg

since the existing rubber hoses are a loose 11mm and I only have 10mm tubes n hoses, flared a 10mm copper pipe slightly

IMAG1935.jpg

to fit snug on the old hose

IMAG1936.jpg

so now I can extend the plumbing all round the bay into the catch can in a corner till I can figure where to finally mount it. lets hope it withstands boost now

IMAG1937.jpg
IMAG1938.jpg
IMAG1939.jpg

replaced the snapped lead clip...bah snapped off again when I nudged it whilst taking leads off, fookit

IMAG1940.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
during cold start she's definately smoking oil abit, perhaps the halfords 5w50 is abit too thin when cold? will soon change to 10w40 as andy told me.

compression's stabilised at it's highest point, plugs r still abit baked with white oil ash n pistons slightly damp

comp.JPG

the LSD preload is now steadily wearing away looser

lsd.JPG

at this rate it's estimated to reach zero after bout 12,800miles, that's roughly 1.5yrs of my annual milage

forc.JPG

the new catch can is holding boost fine. heading down to andys tomorrow

OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
Your certainly getting your monies worth out if your printer Paul :)

How you feeling?

oh yea I like the printers new consistancy nowadays. just need to work on fine tuning it's accuracy. think I'm barely reaching what its really able to achieve.
luv it

I'm slowly getting better. sleeping and waking at my own time is gr8. cough is almost gone. trying to take mind away from work mode and reflect on what my future path is (I really miss my roadtrips, time to chillax n think).

I have never known and still dunno what the actual profession I wanna be or should be in or fit in (mostly gone with the wind flow and say yea to the easiest oppurtunity) but I do know imho I like inventing/designing/engineering, making or fixing stuff, and motorsport.

my focus at the mo is mainly getting kasandra ready for blyton park, loads to do

OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
in the morning it now always smokes oil

IMAG1946.jpg

went to andys, met huggy n dad while we all finish off his rally k11, he was so happy :)
I took few measurements for andy to CAD some brackets for his coilover work and to also fix his celicas broken cubby holder lid hinge thing. doing stuff at andys inspires me at what my career should be. just have to rid of my painful past.

so after a 300m round trip, checked the new pcv catch can

IMAG1950.jpg

jeez christ look at all that collected oil vapour that the engine was about to burn. something ain't right about this engine thats causing the oil burning, excessive blowby maybe? or it could be my windage tray trapping all that crank oil splash n sending it through the crankcase oil vapour plumbing?
it doesn't smoke at all when warm or boosting.

IMAG1951.jpg

after 300 cruising miles it's caught over 23ml of oil o_O

IMAG1952.jpg

the breather end catch can ain't bad cos I barely used boost

IMAG1953.jpg

h701micra

Deactivated Account
went to andys, met huggy n dad while we all finish off his rally k11, he was so happy :)
I took few measurements for andy to CAD some brackets for his coilover work and to also fix his celicas broken cubby holder lid hinge thing. doing stuff at andys inspires me at what my career should be. just have to rid of my painful past.
I'll see to that Paul don't you worry :)