• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

PollyMobiles Rebuild

Tell you what pm me your address and will work out a price after postage, no idea on the bore size I think (and I may be wrong) it's around the 50mm region and I believe it'll bolt onto the micra mani

frank

Club Member
Tell you what pm me your address and will work out a price after postage, no idea on the bore size I think (and I may be wrong) it's around the 50mm region and I believe it'll bolt onto the micra mani

aye, 50mm and same footprint as a pre-coilpack :)

OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
ah the ga15 or sr20's bigger and direct fit frank? that's with integrated IAV yeh? sounds like an easier plan.
have to give the ga16 a miss karl soz m8:blush:

frank

Club Member
Good news for me at least....
what would paul have to do then? :(

i ran bluey with a cut-off remote mounted i/c/v shaun, my current one has no "anti stall system fwn"

Attachments

• PICT0010.JPG
    PICT0010.JPG
    102.7 KB · Views: 632
I'll weld it on (badly)

lol

i aint going to make jae this year but ill fetch the k10 next year. ive actually never been to jae i did get some tickets a couple of years ago i was gonna go with my mate me in my prelude and him in his st205 gt4 but i got called in to work :down: do they do a rwyb? be funny sending the k10 down the strip if they have one lol

OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
test drove her tonight and all is perfectly normal now.
but last nights 20psi boost was a rush, it made 10psi seem puny lol:laugh:

OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
no tig here. the lip wasn't the main purpose, hose holds 10psi+ fine now with the groove cut mod. twas the larger bore i was lookin for.
£150 tis just too much for a little increase especially once my job prob ends on oct :(

I honestly can't remember the exact amount I paid but it was definitely over a ton..... But it was the only one for sale at the time so it'd be worth keeping an eye on yahoo auctions and talking to Nathan (japex) to see if you can get one cheaper

There's a full GA15de engine (throttle and all ) for like €80, i know the guy but he's off in barbados starting a 5yr work contract or something silly like that, i can see if theres a way to get it if anyone is interested?

to tell ya the truth i don't know if a bigger throttle body will make any difference without cams ect on a turbo job i could be wrong but seriously will it give any more poke?

OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
to tell ya the truth i don't know if a bigger throttle body will make any difference without cams ect on a turbo job i could be wrong but seriously will it give any more poke?

i'm not sure either cos its not as small as the GTIR MAF hole or the small dia pipe from the turbo to the IC.

prob better to spend the cash on replacing the entire silicon hose & joint IC piping into a smooth one-piece welded metal pipe

solarice

Ex. Club Member
I doubt you'd get much extra tbh, as you're running forced more air is getting in and occupying the same space anyway. Inlet manifold will have a smaller restriction again after the TB (one reason i was thinking about making a different one, but never did).

I guess it'll come down to experimentation. :)

frank

Club Member
I doubt you'd get much extra tbh, as you're running forced more air is getting in and occupying the same space anyway. Inlet manifold will have a smaller restriction again after the TB (one reason i was thinking about making a different one, but never did).

I guess it'll come down to experimentation. :)

i doubt it too :) less important with forced induction eh, (removing any bottlenecks has far more effect with N/A)

OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
chipped off the old sill body filler

DSC05254.JPG

the back lip has rusted abit

DSC05255.JPG

wirebrushed the left & right sills

DSC05256.JPG
DSC05257.JPG

treated

DSC05258.JPG

body filled the right sill

DSC05259.JPG

painted left sill

DSC05260.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
plugs browned up

DSC05261.JPG

fuel pump lead connected

DSC05262.JPG

sanding the sills was so messy but its now painted :)

DSC05263.JPG

need to retune the injectors till i get 14.7afr at 3k in neutral then take to garage for an emission test before MOT

gonna find an alum bottle in asda for the oil catch

Last edited:
OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
it's close looping perfectly in gear under load, just not when free reving above 2k at the mo.

prev before sorting the pump out, i once got it running at 14.7 both in gear at in neutral when i was tweaking the multi/latency.