• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

PollyMobiles Rebuild

OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
Those centre caps look really good, I might have to get some seeing as how the cheap plastic ones on my Calibres are falling apart :glare:. 5 finger discount from the local scrappie I think

yea these plastic centre caps without any c-spring pushin em outwards are hopeless when the wheel gets real hot n enlarges. hub caps just grabbed afew from scrappy free cos no one cares for such small bits :grinning:

OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
i think i'll need to reupload all the old pics since they dont show properly since the server move and all the prev videos upload from youtube rather than via file hosting links. will take awhile

Just completed this epic tale of adventure! Great respect for you Polly and I think I'll make a replica to your car but not as much effort like the weights etc feels unnecessary for my ornament car!

Can't wait to see the forged engine refitted and what power you get!

Good luck! Oh btw I'd love to meet you if you pass by Glasgow I could and would live to meet you! :)

Pepper

OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
Just completed this epic tale of adventure! Great respect for you Polly and I think I'll make a replica to your car but not as much effort like the weights etc feels unnecessary for my ornament car!

Can't wait to see the forged engine refitted and what power you get!

Good luck! Oh btw I'd love to meet you if you pass by Glasgow I could and would live to meet you! :)

Pepper

tis epic alright lookin back :)

that could be arranged. the first few days will be straight over to the north west islands:
oban to barra on 24th,
Uist on 25th,
Isle of lewis on 26th,
Isle of skye on 27th,
then on 28th with the remaining octane boosters try make it to the nearest station with 98ron prob Shell in Inverness then make my way down towards home during which i'll pass by glasgow and txt that i'll be coming. pm me ur mobile n addr?

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Good luck! Oh btw I'd love to meet you if you pass by Glasgow I could and would live to meet you! :)Pepper

i met p when he swung by london last year (first memeber and meet i had) flat batt days:laugh:
he promtly advised me to join up on MSC, good call and highly advised

OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
i met p when he swung by london last year (first memeber and meet i had) flat batt days:laugh:
he promtly advised me to join up on MSC, good call and highly advised

aye silly me leaving the radio & ign on for 2hrs while we chatted, but least me mom had summin to listen to in the car :p

OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
new rubber fitted:grinning:

DSC05080.JPG

the while letters i did last night had just cracked off during fitting, ah blast. have to touch em up tonight.

guy called me that they only had 4 of the 5 miller octane booster bottles. told em to just what they have asap cos i'm goin on sunday

Last edited:
OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
Oh great. Forcast shows tis gonna chuck it down in the west nxt week. Makes for an interestin drive in scotland, good thing i changed tyre.

Daniel

I WILL be back...
hmmm... i wonder what that would actually be like to witness...

I imagine it would be a most wonderful spectacle to behold. Some say, only a handful of people have ever seen this "summer". In far flung places like Australia and Africa

OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
Lol no worry. Seems a whole years summer had been condensed into couple days few weeks ago with the so called 10sec heatwave

OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
Cheers seb. First time she'll be abroad so should be interestin. Maybe try recordin the route but prob dont have enough memory

Tyre shop guy told me of a garage where i'll be able to test just emissions before me mot

OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
k bit of a change of dates.
called the ferry place and sunday ferrys are fully booked so gonna have to move it all a day later:
oban to barra on 25th,
Uist on 26th,
Isle of lewis on 27th,
Isle of skye on 28th,
29th go fill up at inverness and head home.

pepper do you think i should/could set off on sunday over to urs, stop over then we have till 3pm to catch the oban ferry on monday?
or i set off on monday to the west isles then on 29th make a dash from skye to inverness then to urs in glasgow on evening?

I think Sunday would be fine, what time do you think you would arrive? Time would you expect to leave Glasgow to catch your ferry on the Monday?

OR! I am off Friday anyway and you could arrive anytime on the 29th so you don't need to dash, crash over and leave sat late afternoon / early evening but of course wouldn't want your dad feeling left out or sore sitting for ages if your driving home later? I know my dad would be sore lol

Pepper

OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
I think Sunday would be fine, what time do you think you would arrive? Time would you expect to leave Glasgow to catch your ferry on the Monday?

OR! I am off Friday anyway and you could arrive anytime on the 29th so you don't need to dash, crash over and leave sat late afternoon / early evening but of course wouldn't want your dad feeling left out or sore sitting for ages if your driving home later? I know my dad would be sore lol

Pepper

think sunday would be better cos it gives more time n less rush if you n gf r ok with it.
goin on friday i'd prob only get there bout 4-5pm

OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
octane booster arrived

DSC05081.JPG

washed her

DSC05082.JPG
DSC05083.JPG
DSC05084.JPG

i now set the left & right tyre pressures the same and it goes absolutely dead straight on the motorways :grinning: so tread depth makes such a difference

Last edited:

Daniel

I WILL be back...
Shiny shiny (Y). And yeah, tread depth and pressure does make a lot of difference, my K11 used to pull over to one side when I had 2 new tyres fitted on one side, but didn't have enough to get the other side done. Only found out too late :glare:

OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
hey just came back home from a week in the scottish islands. has been a very long drive but i tell ya'll Barra, Uist and isle of lewis was utter amazing gorgeous place to drive n see especially in the sun.
need rest then gather all photos n videos

OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
Roadtrip to Scottish islands 2011
Sun 24th

The first day was meeting up with K11ss in glasgow.

DSC05085.JPG

nice long chat n thx for lettin me stay over.

Mon 25th

Next morning made our way towards Oban

DSC05087.JPG
DSC05088.JPG

at Oban we saw the McCaigs tower then boarded the ferry for the first time

DSC05089.JPG

5hrs later we arrived at castlebay in Barra

before going to the b&b we stopped at the west coast to photo the sunset

DSC05091.JPG
DSC05093.JPG
DSC05095.JPG

Tues 26th

next sunny morning we went down to the south coasts

DSC05098.JPG

wonderful beaches with clear blue sea, could mistake it for the bahamas. one annoyance of the day was trying to run away from friggin flies n midgies when near the beach n fields

at the north end was a pier were i could see straight down the water at fishes, jellyfishes, etc in surreal silence

DSC05099.JPG

while waiting for the next ferry we went to the west coast again and had a nicer cool breeze

DSC05100.JPG
DSC05102.JPG

stopped back at castlebay

DSC05104.JPG
DSC05107.JPG

went on the ferry over to Eriskay on the second island then drove to our b&b which also had the long beach nearby. result was this perfect grass field for a photoshoot as the sun sets. still flies all over but was able to take some gr8 shots

DSC05109.JPG
DSC05111.JPG
DSC05115.JPG

dad called me and said there's a route i could follow that goes to the beach where he's setup to photo the sunset. i thought he meant drive over. so i went down the route which turned out to be a sand route and won't be able to turn around.

keep engine idling along in 1st gear and maintaining momentum, thank god i had new tyres, i'm thinking oh god what the hell am i doing driving on a sand road in a low slung car! getting really nervous as the lower bracing beam just rubs the top of the middle grass groove and the track is getting looser, but then couple of lads in a 4x4 followed behind. oh FFS

so i found a spot to pull over to let em pass but the sand was really loose non-compacted and she was slightly stuck. oh please don't get stuck.
ok shifted into reverse, kept at idle and lucky to have a LSD with new tyres which helped pushed her back on track and i eventually saw a grass field nearby n parked there.

DSC05119.JPG

walked over to find dad and he said what? you silly. i meant walk over via the sand track.
cos the sun will set n get dark i decided to go back out the sand track to the proper grass field to park.

lower beam had a nice layer of sand, lucky it went no where else. tyres barely did the job

DSC05120.JPG
DSC05121.JPG

Wed 27th

by now the cars almost empty of v-power and i eventually had to use the octane booster on my next fill that i never used before. she started fine but i kept her off boost most the time just in case and to save fuel too.

went up to north of Uist to catch ferry

DSC05123.JPG

arriving on isle of lewis

DSC05125.JPG

Thurs 28th

going down to Tarbert in the morning from b&b spotted another place to photo

DSC05127.JPG
DSC05129.JPG
DSC05130.JPG

on ferry from tarbert back home to skye

DSC05132.JPG

arrived at skye to find the b&b

DSC05133.JPG

drove to the steep west end on the evening

DSC05134.JPG

Fri 29th

the last day we drove towards inverness to fill up at the nearest shell. on the way there the sun was beaming through the clouds into the sea and me and many other motorists quickly dived over into this gravel area to capture the sight

DSC05138.JPG

finally filled up at shell and made a long aching trip back home through the night

Last edited:

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
Wicked man!

just had to go and see if their was any truth to the wicker man film didnt you :grinning:
very intense scenery! thanks

Lovely trip mate! I know that feeling....that feeling.....when you put together a car, make it preform as u want, handle as you want....and then take it on a road trip and enjoy the moment....thats WIN! (Y) I have those moments quite often :laugh:

OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
thx everyone(Y)
zed i haven't seen the wicker man film but lookin at the trailer i'd be paranoid if i did :p
but the ppl there were quite nice

exactly alex, the car's meant to be driven and t'as taken me to some awsome places :)

Seb_

Give me some frogs.
Site Supporter
That's why I'm waiting so much for my trip to Corsica in september , cruising beautiful places with cool music, mediterranean weather and windows opened... I will try to do a K11 log as good as Paul's!

OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
ooh it looks real lush from streetview. could do a topgear trip of finding the best road :p

the 60mph long sweepin roads up the hills at Uist with the medium tight corners were a tense moment cos i didn't know if she could grip at that speed. of course she gripped fine but telling my gut its ok was another matter. eventually I just try n relax, forget bout the worry n just turn the wheel and it sticks.

really had to train n overcome ur fear mechanism, like on topgear yrs ago when jeremy was trying to beat his gt4 leguna seca time in an NSX for real but fear held him back.

OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
checked the plugs and they're really rusty brown with black tip. googling seems to suggests its from the octane booster that contains MMT. the piston top, and both o2 sensors have the same deposit colour

DSC05140.JPG

wirebrushed em clean

DSC05141.JPG

but tday going to from work the cold start mixtures really rich at 9afr and cruising afr is generally abit richer and occasionally irratic. sometimes while driving she pops abit rich n power coughs. plus while opening gate she just ramdomly went rich n stalled on her own.

i'm thinking the o2 sensors prob had enough due to age and the octane booster. gonna swap with another o2 sensor to see if its still happens.

Last edited:

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
Yeah, we used some octane booster in the V12 e-type on a track day, pulled the plugs the next day because we had some running problems and they were the same colour although a little more caked up. Nasty colour though eh ;)