• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

PollyMobiles Rebuild

frank

Club Member
Show off :p
Looks good! You couldnt do that with an old buzz box. Now for a butt weld:p

lol ed, :grinning: i,m just showing how controllable these DC ones are, and 1mm steel sheet butweld would be achievable (but no chance with bodypanels tho, overlap FTW)

OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
has been a week since i ordered my k&n motorbike air filter and hasn't arrived. just phoned up gingerparts and guy says thay might've been outa stock but have resent it off for the weekend :\ least i didn't need it urgently.
payday tday so prob order the lsd next month.

OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
do ya'll think the stock fuel pump should be upgraded?

or shall i first see if the injectors are maxed out & the AFRs too lean before fitting an adjustable FPR then the pump?

frank

Club Member
do ya'll think the stock fuel pump should be upgraded?

or shall i first see if the injectors are maxed out & the AFRs too lean before fitting an adjustable FPR then the pump?

i think they fit the same pump to other 2.0 nissans paul, so it will depend on how much boost you run eh

Not sure about how capable the pump is, but you cant tell if the injectors are maxing out by the mixture going lean because your not supposed to run the injectors at more than around 80% 'duty cycle' (80%open 20%closed) so by the time your injectors physical cant flow any more fuel your already overloading them.
Personally i would look into a better pump just so its not going to be a problem. As for injectors, I think the modded sr20 rail is the way to go.

alright i'll leave the pump and noddie i think the turbo kit injectors here are 256cc sr20de red injectors
should be good for around 150 at the fly then i would have thought (worth doing one of those calculations on the net)
I would get some concrete numbers for the pump before you decide not to get one, dont want to get to mapping and find the pump isnt up to it (hassle and money)

OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
what alternative pumps are out there?
only seen a walbro pump on rallynuts at £76
what bout pumps from other more powerful nissans?

OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
just got this off ebay for 14quid, that woulda cost 60quid new. casings abit charred n wires/tubes cut but fixing it won't be a prob

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180616662077&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

70300327.jpg

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
Yeah same here, I run a WB 255 pump on my car and I can hear it on priming but once the engine is running it's not noticeable. Under throttle forget it, the induction noise is so loud it drowns out the exhaust!

OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
only really hear it during priming imo...but maybe thats because my exhaust masks the noise lol.

yea ur exhaust was alot boomier than my janspeed, although once i fit the turbo system that'll prob also be boomy. so overall then, the pump noise is not an issue, just the price.

OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
thought i'd test the gauge pods so i cut em off the strip

DSC03620.JPG

after abit of dremel trimming

DSC03621.JPG

a little bit too long for the a-pillar but i'll just cap the ends

DSC03622.JPG
DSC03623.JPG

test fit

DSC03625.JPG

cut holes for wires n pipe

DSC03626.JPG
DSC03627.JPG

pods bonded on

DSC03629.JPG
DSC03630.JPG
DSC03631.JPG
DSC03632.JPG

how it looks from driver view

DSC03634.JPG

gauge fitted. pods aligned just right. enough space below for my tomtom

DSC03638.JPG
DSC03639.JPG

hole needs capping

DSC03640.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
filter arrived. it has a 62mm dia opening so can't clamp it so will have to improvise in widening the inlet pipe abit and wedge the filter on the end

DSC03641.JPG
dsc03642c.jpg

OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
rough layout of the induction pipes. have to figure out new route of connecting the recirc BOV

DSC03905.JPG

also found the cone filter just fits tightly over the 65mm pipes

DSC03904.JPG

so fitted it on to test

DSC03906.JPG

compared to the panel filter i think the new filter has 50% larger surface

DSC03907.JPG

at idle there's little more "gas rushing past small hole" type of noise but during driving the difference isn't as noticable over the janspeed backbox.
WOT in 2/3rd it definately has more high end poke.

Last edited:
OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
body filled the pod edges

DSC03908.JPG

capped the holes

DSC03909.JPG

rough sanded

DSC03910.JPG

wet n dried

DSC03913.JPG

primed

DSC03914.JPG

and painted matt black

DSC03915.JPG

finish is abit rough but could be improved in future. will do for now.

Last edited:
OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
tis all coming together.
the lovely boost gauge came tday

DSC03916.JPG

need to change the pipe fitting at the back and a simple wipe clean then just two wires connected to illum circuit.

DSC03917.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
sanding is sooo labourious. was covered in plastic/body fill dust and kinda gave up 3/4 the way hence rough job of the original plastic pillars before spraying the matt black. was gonna fit the gauges in last night but with a cold, cant be bothered till i'm better.

OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
i think i prefer "straight to bed" & "stay longer in bed" more:grinning:

bad news might be that i may have to delay the proper turbo fitting, tuning & testing from march19th to april due to work where i'm required for alota 3d modelling. Grrrrrrrr
or maybe i just push it n fit the turbo setup within a weekend without testing and risk it blowin up?

i think i should prob try finish work asap in march so that i could then take 2weeks holiday in april to do a proper unrushed job, since i've already waited up to 6months and don't fancy an expensive error.

OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
tried a few induction pipe layouts and seems the original bov position going up beside the rad is conflicting with the gearbox mount and running a recirc pipe from the bov to the turbo inlet is blocked by the coolant pipes. originally thought of recirc cos at idle the BOV is always open from the closed TB vacuum so intake would be sucking warm unfiltered air. but now i'll move the BOV as shown below and just bung a breather filter on the end of the BOV.

DSC03924.JPG

the pcv breather stuck out and conflicted with the air filter and induction route so i cut the L-bend off and mount it like this

DSC03925.JPG

the grounding bracket would also conflict with the induction AFM so i just bolt the wires straight onto the block

DSC03926.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
needs alota cleanup.

cos i'll be doin trackdays & roadtrips afterwoods do y'all think i should get it fine tune remapped by Ed or will it be alright with the current turbo remap (only difference to kristians is prob airfilter, stock fuel pump? & bov). worried that the long WOT in hot summer at trackdays could melt stuff if not remapped? Ed you in here?

also what do i do during my roadtrip if super unleaded stations are hard to find such as when i'm in scotland? could i just use regular and loosen the wastegate to reduce boost till the next fillup of super unleaded fills the system?

OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
filter on end of bov

DSC03927.JPG

tried calling matt bout the LSD & headgasket but he was out so will try another day

Last edited: