Politics and politicians

pixieness

Ex. Club Member
I've never done this before, but it was on after "What the Ancients Did for Us" (I love Adam Hart-Davis)... I'm watching live footage from the Houses of Parliament, the Labour party and the Tories bandying back and forth.

Now I realise why I've never done it before! I'm very, VERY concerned! All they seem to do is insult each other with personal attacks, like poor choices in clothing!!! SERIOUSLY!!!!

These people are in charge of our country! No wonder they never get anything done, it's just one big slagging match! At one point the woman trying to talk (don't know which party it was for, I think she's Labour - I know nothing about politics) actually couldn't because everyone in the room was yelling, cheering, booing... like they were at a rock concert or a Norman Wisdom farce!!!!!

Does anyone have an insight as to how they actually get anything done??

they make an address ona certain issue and then just argue about it.
someone takes the stand (minister of whatever) they raise an issue, give an opinion, an oposing party gives their opinion, they then try to beat each other on volume.

to be fair politicians have allways been image concious, Tony Blair in 2005 spent £1 million on make up (tax payers money)

To be fair, you probably were watching the prime ministers questions, (Wednesday, Midday), which is just one big shouting match between the Conservatives and Labour. But in fact it really created for the media to get some storys out of Politics... which is probably a good thing at the end of the day?

They can ask whatever question they like for an hour, and generally the question asker will ask about the latest political scandal as possible or even imply something about the latest personal scandal, and then get his team to jeer at the hopeless response, while the other team cheers if the PM comes up with some clever come back.

I quite like it :wasntme:

If you watch stuff in Parliament or the house of Commons/Lords or one of the Comittees most other days you'll find it painfully boring stuff about bringing in legislation to legislate the legislation thats legislating some telephone business or something. I'm sure they all agree something logical and sensible, but probably only after you have fallen asleep. You can watch these on the government website any time you like.

I've never done this before, but it was on after "What the Ancients Did for Us" (I love Adam Hart-Davis)... I'm watching live footage from the Houses of Parliament, the Labour party and the Tories bandying back and forth.

Now I realise why I've never done it before! I'm very, VERY concerned! All they seem to do is insult each other with personal attacks, like poor choices in clothing!!! SERIOUSLY!!!!

QUOTE]

Not very productive is it? :)

Apparently you can tell when a politician is lying, thier lips move :laugh:

they dont get anything done thats why nothing changes!
the only thing you can be sure of in politics is that taxes will rise and mps WILL ALWAYS vote for an increase in their wages! :laugh:

What they said......partly

Not forgetting the 5.3 million manly low wage people who will be worse off by £10 by the end of the week.

This statement came from an MP at a Labour party meeting on the above:

"Gordon didn't seem to understand what everyone was talking about and kept insisting that nobody would lose out, he didn't seem to understand why voters were unhappy about it and gave the impression he was living on another planet"

Labour: "The TAX burden under this government is not as high as it was under the conservatives but when it comes to the standards of living, when Labour came into Government this country was the worst among the G7 countries for average income per head, now we are 2nd from the top and we stand by that record"

Cost of living is rising, real earnings have fallen for 2 years running.

What about the 5.3 million people?......

Health minister statement:
People feel that the Gov't is losing touch with what fairness means to the majority who work hard, play by the rules and are being squeezed by the rising Utility bills, Petrol and rising Council Tax"

"we have spent more money on Hospitals, Schools and made more Jobs"

What about the 5.3 million people?.....

You see? That's how our Gov't works....a question followed by misleading answer....

..the real pee take is that the Prime ministers questions weren't even answered by the PM himself...yes i know he was in a Nato meeting somewhere in europe but that is no excuse for not being at Paliament as i know of many people who can go backward and forward to 3 or 4 countries in a day by Plane for their Job....and being PM he wouldn't have to wait at T5 either!

Back