please helpppp ga16de

so I hav been lookin into an engine swap I kno so many posts have been said about this swap bu nothing reli helps me. things I have heard
. the ga16 will drop staright in using old mounts
. some people say you have to cut the chasis is thi true
.it will cinect up to my 1.0ltr gear box
. drive shafts are needed to be modded

I hav an almera gx as a donner car I hav engine shafts the lot will these shafts work or will the need to beshortend

can any body help.me with some serious help sorry to ask
but every were I.look it not what im.looking for
I will b doing a guide once I start on.it to help.people inthe future

thanks

there are different options, some have cut into the chassis so that they can use the k11 g/box and shafts, and some instead have moved the g/box over and altered the shafts

there are different options, some have cut into the chassis so that they can use the k11 g/box and shafts, and some instead have moved the g/box over and altered the shafts
thanks what would be easyer im goint to us the ga16 gear box I I can is tht possibl will it still need adjusting if I do us it

i dont understand jibberish

sorry im using my phone what I ment was if I used the ga16 gear box would I still need to get the shafts modified I would rather not cut the chasis and how woul the gear box be moved over or is tht why the shafts are modifiyed

the chassis cut or g/box shift is because the GA is a longer engine, and you will have to check the splines in the g/box,s are the same first

just seen that you can mov th engin..ove 20mm for clearance and you can use yhe 1.6 gbox an shaft not custom ones needed or chassis cutting guy called glen said abou it bu how exactly do you move it over cut mounts and moove the reweld them ?

You don't actually move it over you simply bolt it in at the left hand side after opening the mount up on the chassis and then for the right hand side mount we cut 2 pieces of metal to fit onto the outside part of the mount, weld them in and drill 2 new holes in the correct position, then the front and back are a ball ache, I recommend doing the sr20 instead as its similar weight, more hp, better engine (supposedly), easier to get parts especially turbo, and the same amount of work

You don't actually move it over you simply bolt it in at the left hand side after opening the mount up on the chassis and then for the right hand side mount we cut 2 pieces of metal to fit onto the outside part of the mount, weld them in and drill 2 new holes in the correct position, then the front and back are a ball ache, I recommend doing the sr20 instead as its similar weight, more hp, better engine (supposedly), easier to get parts especially turbo, and the same amount of work
thank you you made me rethink what I wana do a sr20 would be good ver very confused what to do atm

Without being moaned at for starting an old thread, but if you don't have a month of Sundays or a big budget id suggest doing the ga conversion.
i know others will disagree, but that's just my personal opinion, the sr20 conversion is just so much more work. And for what, an overpowered little hatch that's going to understeer like a pig and put you in a ditch.and yes i would love to put the sr in mine, but come on lets be realistic LOL.

Without being moaned at for starting an old thread, but if you don't have a month of Sundays or a big budget id suggest doing the ga conversion.
i know others will disagree, but that's just my personal opinion, the sr20 conversion is just so much more work. And for what, an overpowered little hatch that's going to understeer like a pig and put you in a ditch.and yes i would love to put the sr in mine, but come on lets be realistic LOL.
and a GA16 is underpowered and weighs as much as an SR setup, thats gonna understeer etc :)

Any engine conversions alot of work but why spend all the time and money putting a 1.6 in when you can do a 2.0 for abput the same money and time. And after driving mine its not that bad for understeer.

A ga16 is 110bhp I believe.. my 1.3 is 94bhp, why bother with the extra 16bhp. Sr20's are 140bhp ish. Depending on model.

A ga16 is 110bhp I believe.. my 1.3 is 94bhp, why bother with the extra 16bhp. Sr20's are 140bhp ish. Depending on model.

Close they're 99bhp and a stock cg13 is 75bhp, it's not about the outright power it's about the bragging rights (granted you get more from the sr20)

thing is i could probably put a kit together for mounting a SR20 for £1000 but the problem is most people wont pay that. They would rather cut and weld shafts or bodge it themself. I have mounted a GA16 and shown what needs done but after doing th sr20 its really not worth doing a GA16. The reason people look to put the 1.6 in is for more power so why not go for a engine which has alot more aftermarket mods and bolt on turbo kits.

A grand for a kit isn't that bad, considering your shafts cost £600. Iirc the corsa ltr conversion (if done properly) costs around the same

Hi there. I know the ga16de swap has been done many times in the UK, but it has never been done in Norway, at least not where I live. Is anyone still doing this? I can’t see the pics Glen posted in an old thread about moving the engine over with 20mm. Anyone who have these pics, or can tell me how to reach Glen somehow?
Regards,
Joakim.

Back