Please help with lowering in the rear

• Thread starter Deleted member 24633
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 24633

Hey guys I wanted to know what other car struts fit in the rear as I've got alto springs in the rear with 1.5 coils chopped off but are not captive when jacked in the rear, are the corsa b ones short enough to hold the springs captive when jacked? I've got about 80mm of lows gained :)

Also I read somewhere that if you jack up the car on the panhard rod a bit you can correct the back as my driver side wheel keeps touching the fender

Thanks guys! Will post pics soon but first want to get the panhard rod issue sorted and the shorter strut also in the rear, it's really difficult for me to get an adj panhard rod since I live in the caribbean and the adj rod + shipping and other fees would be around 500$ and can't afford that atm, any help is appreciated

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    591.2 KB · Views: 244
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,013.9 KB · Views: 269
Corsa b dampers are quite short. They're only cheap. Just try one. Ive got an adjustable panhard rod to bring the axle in line. I suggest you do the same. You can alter heights at will then.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 24633

gonna try jacking the panhard rod today to try and fix the alignment on the rear

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 24633

just on the edge of the tyre on the outer side, since it's so low it keeps rubbing on the fender

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 24633

also forgot to mention I ripped the cat off on the bottom of the car last night, getting it fixed tomorrow I hope, will have pictures up once everything is sorted! gonna try corsa b struts to keep the springs captive also