**PLEASE HELP!!** i have a k11 1998 1.0 evaluation.. and a custom gear knob, how do i fit it ? :(

L.Williams

soundcloud.com/lwilliamsmusic
I have a custom universal carbon look racing gear knob, but havent got the slightest on how to fit it? i thought it capped over the old one, but turns out you need to remove the old knob, please tell me how or show it with pics? it would be greatly appreciated!!
the car is a nissan micra k11 1998 1.0 evalutation

Not sure on k11, but on k12 gear knob comes off by pulling it.

You can try and cut the old knob and fit this one in. (don`t know if possible) and it may give you a lower gear stick :) just sayin`

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
i got this one, pool racing one
20120914_163909.jpg

let us see your one

OP
OP
L.Williams

L.Williams

soundcloud.com/lwilliamsmusic
no not hard at all mate but my mates the top came off and he had to unscrew the inner of the knob with a pair of mole grips
hmm sounds easy, just tried mine with a flat head screw driver at bottom of knob, wasn't budging.
looks like im gonna have to carefully cut it off or tak it to my mums cousin whos been working in body parts and mechanics for over 40 years so thats sick

skymera

Brutal Honesty
hmm sounds easy, just tried mine with a flat head screw driver at bottom of knob, wasn't budging.
looks like im gonna have to carefully cut it off or tak it to my mums cousin whos been working in body parts and mechanics for over 40 years so thats sick
Some twonk super glued the knob onto the shaft before I owned the car.

I got it off by wrapping the gearknob in a tea towel and using a pair of mole grips secured tightly around the knob, took a LOT of force but eventually it came undone.