plans for next mids meet

R

RIK

lets get a good meet organised for the midlands people,if the nw and ne can do it,im sure we can :D
im not sure on things to do or the place yet because im not really fussed,i will be hapy to do anything aslomg as i have the money,

im thinking sunday 13th onwards,cos thats the only time i can make it and also wil give a chance for people to save abit of cash and let us get some plans together

so whos up for it? ideas below please

few ideas

karting, paintball, bowling, laser quaser, meal, - im desperate for the NE lot to sort another paintball out coz ave never been

i could try orgonise karting at my local one
thers paintball near me also

ide be interested in these two

ideally firstly we need say, a pub meet, so we can get a grip of people willing to come for starters, and get to know people. first up, its cheap as a coke or three aint breaking the piggy bank and it gives us chance to chat and gain a bit of knowledge of each other. remember the ne/nw lot meet up a lot more thean any other region

my two pence

tommo

mainly cos they live really close together compared to the rest of us imo

and im up for any meet tbh, pub sounds good aslong as thers a pool table :)

yeah everyone welcome,,

i work saturdays,if it was at night tho,that wouldnt be a problem

Don't want to upset people by rocking the boat or anything but should start small with meets. Should find out who is in what areas i.e. Leicester, Nottingham, Birmingham, Stafford etc. Then according to the number of people in those areas pick a place that is a fair distance from the majority of people and just head up there ever week, to the same spot. That way, instead of it being an organised meet, trying to cater to when everyones off work, or doing something that everyone enjoys, or making sure everyone can afford it, people can just drive to the same spot on..say, saturday night and chances are some people wil be there.

If we just finsd a spot that everyone's happy with then that can be the spot which is where we meet, and then not too much effort will be wasted trying to firmly organise something.

Kind of cruise set up (athough, not a cruise as they are illegal and encourage antisocial behaviour....not that i would know!!? :) ), everyone knows the spots and you can head up on the days when stuff usually happens and you can be pretty sure someone wil have had the same idea.

Just got to confirm with everyone where the place is we will meet and make sure that every possible person knows where it is.

thoughts/comments??

youv just got a new job batch :) lol

could you get a map of the midlands and pin out wer everyone is located,and take it from there,,

like me,robbo,richmicratwista are from rotherham

we used to have one on the club for everymember in the club,,JAMES! :)

....damn, knew i shouldn't have said anything!! :)

I'll see what i can do. But as i mentioned before i need to know where everyone is, and i mean every midlands member..don't want to alienate anyone.

So far that's 3 in Rotterdam :) and one in Brum

:D

Good to hear. Just might skew the meeting point slightly, if there are some in sheffield that's gonna bump up the meeting point to somewhere like Derby, but that's mighty far for people in Northampton/leamington. Think Burton upon Trent might be a good potential spot, kind of equidistant to each place and accessable by all directions. Via A38 North/South, A511 from the West/East. Anyone ever been to Burton?

Either that or Derby but will have to see what the people further South make of it.

batch good work mate,,i asked james to find the old map of members,he said he would look for it but he mite not have had time yet,hes a busy man
i wouldnt mind if its abit further south,so its fair on people,it makes sense cos im not really a midlander or a nw or ne so i can get to all if im not working and have the cash

so ide travel :)

need to get some more intrest guys come on!

I would pop along to a meet, just arrange to meet at meridian centre in Leicester, bar, arcades, bowling, food, cinema. Its well close to the motorway and its got all them facilities.

anyway ive checked out that place from searching fosse park,,and thats fine with me

make this a regular meeting spot and see if people can turn up

wots everyone think?????

sounds good to me and it's only right that your chairman shouldn't have to travel far to events :p haha!

That's across the road from me btw

Kev :)

tommo said:
no

but i gotta agree with batches first post about small meets first

i think one organised event would be better tbh cos if not its way 2 easy to back out and be left with like 1 or no micras turning up

theres no way im driving all that way to see 1 person perhaps lol (if im lucky)

the NW meet was organised and a date was set and there was a decent turnout
if people are interested they'll go
just my opinion anyway

what do others think??
perhaps have a poll

Few comments about BATCH-TOMMOs posts...

Please remember that the most recent NW meet was only the 2nd one ever..

Theres no harm in inviting everyone to come down and trying to get it as big as possible 1st time... organising everything on the day isn't the best idea but its not hard to do either..

Gary did organise NW most recent one and was he couldn't organise his way outta a paper bag,, :p

kristian

Got a place sorted,just need a date and time????Just plan to go for a drink first then if we get a few next time we could go bowling.

anytime on a sunday and past 5pm is ok for me ,,bit busy at work from now till feb,cant get time off at all,,jewellery tends to be popular this time of the year grr

Sort a sunday then and say around 5-6 so if people have to travel far it gives them time to get home so it aint that late. Who ever the rep is sort a sunday out!!!!

kristian said:
Few comments about BATCH-TOMMOs posts...

Please remember that the most recent NW meet was only the 2nd one ever..

Theres no harm in inviting everyone to come down and trying to get it as big as possible 1st time... organising everything on the day isn't the best idea but its not hard to do either..

Gary did organise NW most recent one and was he couldn't organise his way outta a paper bag,, :p

kristian

i completely understand that mate, im on about organising a proper time/date but first meet should be for a drink first, some people may not be comfortable going straight into bowling or any other activity so i think a drink/food with the people first, breaks the ice. obviously yourself/goldstar ricardo and dusk etc know each other to an extent which makes it easier. midlands crew are fairly scattered - bar me n mark lol

Back