plans for my K11

not looking to do any major performance mods yet just some little things, looking to get 50mm lowered springs, either the group A competition airbox kit (matt humphris), a K&N cone filter or an almera/primera 1.6 airbox (need advice on which one is best)
help is appreciated :grinning:

Almera airbox is the best. Also not sure if the Primera one fits or not, but I know the Almera one does. Could go with a cone filter, but normally a good idea to install other performance mods if you do, including a cold air feed. I didn't notice much difference when I installed just a cone filter, but noticed a big difference when I fitted everything else (Y)

just had a look and if i got a cone filter i'd probably get matt humpris one which is - Induction Kit with cold air feed & crank case breather filter, would that make any real difference? :p

It would make a bit of a difference, especially with the cold air feed. You'll be getting a lot more cold air into the engine than if you just went for the cone on its own. It's also a good start for if you want to do more engine mods - as soon as I fitted all mine, it started to make a HUGE difference

definately doing more it's just a case of when i have the money :p just priced up and for the cone kit, 55mm lower springs and some paint for the engine is 248.11, i think that's quite good :)

That's not bad, definitely got yourself a bargain there (Y). But I can guarantee that once you get it lowered, you'll want to go even lower. I started off at 30mm, now I'm at 90mm, and planning to go even lower. But I think euro_micra might have held the record - 6"!!!!! That's proper scraping :grinning:

might go for 60mm for a tenner more then XD 6 inches? whoa :eek: that's gotta take some speed bump maneuvering :p any other engine mods you can suggest?

60mm will look decent, definitely go for them (Y). And yeah, totally ridiculous, but totally awesome :grinning:. What litre is yours?

Induction kit, cold air feed, 1.3 fuel rail/injectors, 4-1 or 4-2-1 decat manifold, decat pipe to get rid of the second cat (but keep it around for MOTs :wasntme:), decent midpipe (maybe Ashley or Powerflow), big bore backbox, iridium spark plugs, NGK HT leads (Y). That's pretty much what I've done to mine, along with a Walbro fuel pressure regulator and ordering a set of 1.3 cams. You'll notice a difference (Y)

Fuel rail/inectors - £10
Fuel rail adapter (does away with stock FPR) - £20
Fuel pressure regulator - £20
4-1 manifold - £100
Cone filter - £20
Oil breather filter - £10
Cold air feed - £40
Jap-style backbox with standard backbox pipe - £50
Decat pipe - £40
Ashley midpipe - £60
Iridium spark plugs - £20
NGK HT leads - £40, still waiting on them being delivered
Cams - not too sure yet, but probably no less than £20
Also removed the aircon - free

But there are people on here who spend a hell of a lot more on engine mods for theirs, especially when they fir turbos :grinning:

I said 'about' 6 inches, but have raised it since then, I still think McKenzie held it for lowest micra in uk anyway.

I've got cg13 cams in my 1litre and I definately recommend them, but as with most modifications they only show their true potential combined with others. I've also got a K&N airfilter in a slightly custom ga16 airbox, and have 'adjusted' the dizzy which all seem to go well with the cams in my opinion. I've spent about £65 on these engine mods, and knocked quite a bit off my 0-60:grinning: Not quite halfed it yet though, maybe soon.

DSC00986.jpg

DSC01070.jpg

they are :grinning: do you know if you could fit a cheapish turbo that would work with all this stuff too? :p that'd be the nextstep

You could always fit a Garrett turbo to your standard manifold (I think euro_micra has a similar setup), but I think it requires a decent intercooler and a lot of engine work. Just ask around (Y)

I said 'about' 6 inches, but have raised it since then, I still think McKenzie held it for lowest micra in uk anyway.

Ahh, right, I always thought yours was the lowest. Still pretty damn low though :laugh:. How long now until you're boosted?

And Stani, that's ridiculous! Properly slammed, I think you'd put some VWs to shame :grinning:. Love it (Y)

Ha cheers believe it or not i drove to blackpool and back like that. Bouncy bouncy!! Ordered new springs the day i got back lol

Ha cheers believe it or not i drove to blackpool and back like that. Bouncy bouncy!! Ordered new springs the day i got back lol

I don't think you can really call that a "comfy" suspension setup that you can use day to day :laugh:. Blackpool and back, though? And you still had your front bumper and the underside of your car in one piece? Mine is bouncy and scrapes as it is, and it's only been lowered about 90mm :laugh:.

aye, you buy a 1.0 and 1.4 coilpack engine for £60each , and QG injectors and SR20 t/b, and make a 97 vibe do 8 secs :p

8 seconds? That's not bad. I've never timed mine, but I'm sure it's less than 10 seconds. It's pretty rapid for a 1.0l

Been a while since I've seen those pics stani, very low indeed, had mine lower though:p but only for an hour lol was crazy low, it's now a bit taller but about the same as yours there.

Dan I use mine everyday and the comfort is ok, glides rather than bounces over most bumps, but you do notice more bumps on the road so on very bumpy roads it can get a bit shakey.

1.0 facelifts are equipped with a nice low-ratio gearbox and a lighter flywheel as stock, ready to make use of any extra horses eh. 0-60 stock is 16seconds I've been lead to believe by Parkers and vids on youtube. My 0-60 times were averaging 10-11 seconds with simple mods., it's now around 8.5-9.5 if the gear changes goes well. Turbo could be on within 12 weeks, if it takes any longer my graduation project will take over and it'll be put to one side until Feb:(

The comfort on mine is pants. I was running 50mm Apexi springs and shocks (only shocks on the back), but decided it wasn't low enough and lost a coil on each corner, making them 90mm lower than standard. So now it amplifies every bump and pothole, rather than ironing them out.

Never realised that the facelifts had lighter fly wheels as standard, and to think I was going to invest in one :grinning:. Might go out later and time my 0-60 if I get bored :laugh:

They're the lightest, but definately not considered light really, just under 6kg for f/l cg10 compared to just under 9kg for a pref/l cg13, IIRC, I can't find the correct figuers anywhere, k11wiki.com has gone now too..

That's still pretty good though, 3kg less (Y). I think I'll be getting a light flywheel when I get the 1.3. I daresay that will be the one I work on seriously, can't wait to get one :grinning:

Euro what suspension you got because that had no rear springs and the front ones sat loose

It couldnt go lower

Corsa coilovers modified to fit, I'm only sat about mid-way on them, so I still have some dampering. And it can go much lower without hitting bump stops.

Back