Pink march cab lol

Hehehe, how cute! A load of Hello Kitty gear in there and some bling alloys and that'll make a really cool retro summer car ;)

putting in a bid i think, its cheaper to buy the car than get parts for these bloody things... them B Piller trims cost £275 plus VAT EACH!!!!

any idea how much this thing is worth guys? it would be my girlfriends dream car:)

and also, how hard are they to insure?

well a March cab isn't really worth more than a grand, there have been ones on ebay for a grand and no one (but me) bought them... my car was listed twice before i bought it, i got they guy to do me a deal cos it wasn't selling.

but the pink colour might be worth more.

they are a pain to insure tho Sky seem pretty good, and they are more expensive too, it costs about £400 TPFT, which is the same that i am spending on both my other cars added together! plus you need a garage or a cover because they leak, and the parts are impossible to get.... belive me i have tried.

i am seriously considering buying this just for parts because even if it goes for a grand thats cheaper than going through nissan...

break down of parts:
boot lid £184 plus VAT
B Piller trim (the chrome bits up the side on this car) £279 plus VAT
every time you remove the rear inner quarter panel plastics, you break the clips, there is no way of taking them off without breaking them, each clip is £1.10
rear glass window can only be bought with a new hood which is £2700ish plus importing.

these become very expensive cars to keep going, you have to be an enthusiast to run one, not just get one because they are "cute" keeping them dry and stopping the carpets from rotting is a constant battle, finding new glass for the windows is impossible.

so unless you want to run this rare car into the ground, you have to be prepared to put alot of effort in to keep it going, don't forget they are 11 years old. i spent £150 on a custom car cover to keep it dry because i don't have a garage, i would recommend the same.

After what nex has just said i'd rather keep mine lol, it's just not worth the hasle

hehe don't get me wrong they are awesome cars, but you have to really want one, they are not really daily drivers, and they are not quick or good on fuel, they are a fun car for the summer really. its just because i have a hard top as well that its ok for me to have one.

"every time you remove the rear inner quarter panel plastics, you break the clips, there is no way of taking them off without breaking them, each clip is £1.10"

Surely you have to buy new ones, because you can't take them out another car without breaking the??? :p

I think Nex has just put everyone off buying one.

"every time you remove the rear inner quarter panel plastics, you break the clips, there is no way of taking them off without breaking them, each clip is £1.10"

Surely you have to buy new ones, because you can't take them out another car without breaking the??? :p

I think Nex has just put everyone off buying one.

lol well i have left them without any clips in them, i am going to try and get some stainless self tappers to hold them in from now on. they are different clips to the ones on the UK cars, they are these really stupid ones that are like plastic rivets, once poped together they can't be undone...

i didn't mean to put anyone off, i would love for there to be more cabriolets in the club its the safest place for them lol, i just don't want some chav to rag one around and distroy a very rare car...

i have been talking with the boys in japan who are part of the MCC (March Cabriolet Club) and they say that they are just as rare over there and it is just as hard to get parts, so if japan doesn't have it, we aint gonna have it lol

Fair enough. They do look cute and cool, but I mean, usually stuff that's rare here is plentiful in Japan. So if they're rare over there, I mean, you're gonna have a hard time getting the parts that are only for the cab.

well a March cab isn't really worth more than a grand, there have been ones on ebay for a grand and no one (but me) bought them... my car was listed twice before i bought it, i got they guy to do me a deal cos it wasn't selling.

but the pink colour might be worth more.

they are a pain to insure tho Sky seem pretty good, and they are more expensive too, it costs about £400 TPFT, which is the same that i am spending on both my other cars added together! plus you need a garage or a cover because they leak, and the parts are impossible to get.... belive me i have tried.

i am seriously considering buying this just for parts because even if it goes for a grand thats cheaper than going through nissan...

break down of parts:
boot lid £184 plus VAT
B Piller trim (the chrome bits up the side on this car) £279 plus VAT
every time you remove the rear inner quarter panel plastics, you break the clips, there is no way of taking them off without breaking them, each clip is £1.10
rear glass window can only be bought with a new hood which is £2700ish plus importing.

these become very expensive cars to keep going, you have to be an enthusiast to run one, not just get one because they are "cute" keeping them dry and stopping the carpets from rotting is a constant battle, finding new glass for the windows is impossible.

so unless you want to run this rare car into the ground, you have to be prepared to put alot of effort in to keep it going, don't forget they are 11 years old. i spent £150 on a custom car cover to keep it dry because i don't have a garage, i would recommend the same.

thanks for the insight mate:) think i will tell katherine to get something a little less high maintenance... because no doubt it will be me trying to fix things:)

sometimes those japs are a bunch of muppets, they should of released that cab over here that way it wouldnt be half the price of the parts, gets me with the shelby mustang too grr

Fair enough. They do look cute and cool, but I mean, usually stuff that's rare here is plentiful in Japan. So if they're rare over there, I mean, you're gonna have a hard time getting the parts that are only for the cab.

yea exactly, i mean i love mine so i will be doing my best to keep it as awesome as it is now... but i was asking the guys in Japan if they could get me parts and they said it was very unlikly...

thanks for the insight mate:) think i will tell katherine to get something a little less high maintenance... because no doubt it will be me trying to fix things:)

haha yea thats the problem, it would be all down to you fixing it lol,

i think the best choice is the new Micra CC, just as good without the problems.

sometimes those japs are a bunch of muppets, they should of released that cab over here that way it wouldnt be half the price of the parts, gets me with the shelby mustang too grr

yea well funny enough, they didn't get the k12, there is one guy with the k12 CC that he imported and they are amazed by it :D he says its very hard to get parts for it over there cos it is all uk spec lol, so now they know how it feels lol

OMG WANT!!

Seriously though, NeX, maybe we should both go in on this one and keep it somewhere as spares! Seems a better bet than the one at that scrappy!

After reading your post though, it's made me really nervous - I think the cost of maintaining these cars has just hit me... At least I've got one thing right with the cover though, as you said.

I'm just saving up for whatever parts mine may need when it comes to it. I have a March Cabriolet fund lol.

*starts hyperventilating at the thought of biting off more than she can chew*

OMG WANT!!

Seriously though, NeX, maybe we should both go in on this one and keep it somewhere as spares! Seems a better bet than the one at that scrappy!

After reading your post though, it's made me really nervous - I think the cost of maintaining these cars has just hit me... At least I've got one thing right with the cover though, as you said.

I'm just saving up for whatever parts mine may need when it comes to it. I have a March Cabriolet fund lol.

*starts hyperventilating at the thought of biting off more than she can chew*

well what if we got this one and used the one you have at the moment as the spare?

don't worry too much about spares, just don't prang it lol. I have AMY on the case looking for more parts so we will see what he comes back with. but he said he can get doors for £160 a side which aint too bad.

but yea the cover is dead on, that will really extend the life of your car :D

haha i think i need a fund too lol, but yea it should be ok as long as there is no crashing, i mean these cars are not just going to fall apart, they are nissans ;)

lol i never realised they didnt have the k 12

neither did i lol, it was a bit of a shock, so i said i will get them k12 parts if they get me k11 parts lol

I want the front bumper! lol

lol we will see, if there is a spares car then i suppose you can have the bumper off that.

seems a bit odd that japan didnt get the k12 yet aspect and mulholland do aftermarket parts for them...

closest place for them to import them from would be australia wouldnt it?.

ETA: not doubting your info, just amazed theyd do so much considering there have to be imported - i guess theyre just mighty loyal to the badge lol

seems a bit odd that japan didnt get the k12 yet aspect and mulholland do aftermarket parts for them...

closest place for them to import them from would be australia wouldnt it?.

ETA: not doubting your info, just amazed theyd do so much considering there have to be imported - i guess theyre just mighty loyal to the badge lol

no they got the K12, they didn't get the convertible k12, it is as rare as the march convertible is over here,

sorry i should have made more sense lol, they have plenty of k12s over there but all hard tops

think they do - a couple of folk have signed upto ciscos with them recently iirc, if there not AusDM then id like to know where there importing them from lol

ETA - Nex, that explains everything!!!

lol yea, as far as i know, the k12 is very popular over there, which makes me wonder why they didn't give them the C+C because that is very popular over here and we don't even get any sun lol

well what if we got this one and used the one you have at the moment as the spare?

Erm, no! :p
Don't think you can get the sideskirts off me that easily lol. At least you're on the case with spares, that's cool!
I will try not to prang it myself - can't guarantee anything for the other muppets on the road though!

I bought the gorgeous pink March Cabrio and it is very girly! She certainly gets noticed!! (when she's on the road that is). She broke down on the first day and then the 2nd day and has been waiting on a ramp for a new very hard to get hold of alternator. Will hopefully be sorted tomorrow. I can't wait!!!

Yay! Another March Cabrio owner! Welcome, that pink one rules!! Me and NeX are also owners of Cabriolets - if you have any probs, give us a message :)

I bought the gorgeous pink March Cabrio and it is very girly! She certainly gets noticed!! (when she's on the road that is). She broke down on the first day and then the 2nd day and has been waiting on a ramp for a new very hard to get hold of alternator. Will hopefully be sorted tomorrow. I can't wait!!!

welcome to the club :D you must come to the JAE meet, get 3 of the cabriolets together!

don't worry about the altinator i am sure we can fix it, where abouts are you? is there any other problems with it we can help you out with? on both of our cars we had the drivers side number plate light was a bit dodgy

Would the alternator be the same as a UK car? Or is it different as it obviously has more to deal with?

it might be different just to be akward, but it may just be the mount as it has to sit up high over the AC compressor. i am sure if its not replacable with a uk nissan one, it should be repairable

but i bet it is the same problem as mine with the dead battery

If it has a different mount, it will still fit - right? I think those Jap batteries are just pants anyway - mine struggles with the roof going up and down lol

If it has a different mount, it will still fit - right? I think those Jap batteries are just pants anyway - mine struggles with the roof going up and down lol

it should fit, but it may be something stupid like it is upside down or something.

yea the batteries must be pants, i mean the terminals are tiny, they weren't expecting any great power to go through them.

mine struggles to do the roof and the windows at the same time with the engine running!

Well I'm sure there's no harm in us trying I suppose!
Bit of a daft design though isn't it? Make a car with electric everything, but then not give it big enough battery terminals to deal with the influx of power lol

Thanks for your welcomes Nex & MicraFish!!....:love: Love your Cabrios!!

I'm in Surrey. The passenger side number plate bulb had blown but that's been replaced and is fine. The heated rear screen switch seems to be stuck in so doesn't work...am looking for a new switch....any ideas?? Need to get shot of ugly fog light so am looking for rear lights....will any K11's fit??

It is deffo the alternator cos we tried 2 new batteries. (Lucky my hubby manages a garage so just brings them home). The alternator is completely different to those off the UK Micras. We have had 2 sent and they were both wrong even though we gave out the part number. Took it to a chap to fix it but he has found a new one which is coming tomorrow (let's hope it's right this time!)

I'm in Surrey. The passenger side number plate bulb had blown but that's been replaced and is fine. The heated rear screen switch seems to be stuck in so doesn't work...am looking for a new switch....any ideas?? Need to get shot of ugly fog light so am looking for rear lights....will any K11's fit??

It is deffo the alternator cos we tried 2 new batteries. (Lucky my hubby manages a garage so just brings them home). The alternator is completely different to those off the UK Micras. We have had 2 sent and they were both wrong even though we gave out the part number. Took it to a chap to fix it but he has found a new one which is coming tomorrow (let's hope it's right this time!)

thanks pinky, yours looks pretty awesome too! gotta be the only pink one in the world as far as i know!

the switch should be the same as the uk ones, but don't quote me on that, i think it might be able to fix the one you have tho.

i ripped my fog light off too, if you go to the blog section and look at my rear lights, i think those are nice ones to do. if you can get down this way or up to the JAE show, i can sort it out so you don't have the fog light but your car is still legal. using the existing lights if you want, or there are some clear ones on ebay at the moment which would go great with your pink car, they are being sold by a friend, i actually made the lights lol

here is a link to save time lol
http://www.micra.org.uk/showthread.php?t=26884

you are lucky to find a new altinator if they are that different. if it is still a problem i am sure we can find you one, i assume it will be a march thing, there are a few people who can get march stuff here

Thanks! :D However, I believe your pink one may be turning quite a few more heads! ;)

Ummm I don't see why a UK facelift K11's heated rear screen switch wouldn't work. As far as I am aware, the dash is pretty similar to the UK Facelift's.
I may be wrong, but nothing wrong with experimenting! Like NeX said!

Good news about the alternator, thanks for letting us know! If you can find out where the parts are from too, it'll be a godsend - these cars aren't your regular every day driver lol!

Surrey isn't too far from us guys in Wiltshire, Hope you can make it to JAE - 3 March Cabs will be quite a sight!

P.S. Darn you NeX!! *shakes fist*

My hubby spent all Monday afternoon phoning around for this March alternator. Nissan could supply one at £438+VAT!!! (obviously we didn't go down that route!!) As you said...getting parts for these babies is not easy or cheap!!

Saw the clear lights on Ebay...they look FAB but the seller mentioned a £50 reserve on them so I'm not jumping in yet!!

This is my 3rd pink car! Tried to reply on another pink car post on here the other day including some pics but it didn't go through for some reason.

Back