Pictures of Vacuum Control Valve (UFO) Internals

Hello,

I'm still trying to suss out what's wrong with the engine over boosting and I'm slowing checking all of the devices as per the Nissan engine manual. One item that I haven't tested is the UFO valve. I was looking through the older posts and someone pulled of of their duplicate valves apart but the pictures aren't there any more. Does anyone have these tucked away in their hard drives so that I could see what it looks like on the inside. This is more for curiosity's sake. Thanks again.

-Christopher

smidge

Small Car Enthusiast
Site Supporter
That was me, i still got the pics but 2 years later you probably don't need em anymore. The valves are an issue yes but so is the actual flapper itself and the solenoids that control it. They just get leaky and wear out.

Gonna come up with a more modern system to control it all, i'll post here when its done

That was me, i still got the pics but 2 years later you probably don't need em anymore. The valves are an issue yes but so is the actual flapper itself and the solenoids that control it. They just get leaky and wear out.

Gonna come up with a more modern system to control it all, i'll post here when its done

I actually still haven’t got the car running properly and am putting in a megasquirt system to eliminate the MAF sensor. Ultimately I would love to get the bypass circuit to run independently from the factory ECU. I’m very curious how you manage to control the bypass system. I really hope it’s something any mortal can integrate with some type of arduino or using something that. Let me know what you have in mind.

James

Chairman

Great to see you again ;) welcome back and great to see the Nugget finally made it to Australia!

smidge

Small Car Enthusiast
Site Supporter
Most likely i'll use a haltech to control the bypass valve, potentially not using vacuum at all which could make it WAY less complicated. Whatever i do will be happy to share with other ST owners, including the maps etc. potentially an ECU could give you tunability and reliability and you can remove a bunch of old parts and honk into the sunset.

Most likely i'll use a haltech to control the bypass valve, potentially not using vacuum at all which could make it WAY less complicated. Whatever i do will be happy to share with other ST owners, including the maps etc. potentially an ECU could give you tunability and reliability and you can remove a bunch of old parts and honk into the sunset.

That is exciting, we are all looking forward to a solution to finally remove the UFO valve and the 20+ meters of vacuum lines. Watching the video last night gave me hope that maybe I can get my ST converted Figaro running. Very cool stuff.