Picture engine mount K11 to SR20DE

Hi there,

I'm planning a engine swap for my micra K11.
The swap wil be a SR20DE(Y)
I read all the topic's here, how the dit the engine swap but can't find any good picture of the engine mount's.(ore do i have to make complete new engine mount's)
Can anyone post some good picture's?

Thanks,

Martijn

hi martijn, i think most people cut the bracket from the donor car, then weld it onto the micra chassis :)
i would say that,s the easy bit tho, and the hard bits are the g/box mounts and shafts :eek:

Thanks,
I dont got a donor car,the plan is get a cheap micra and fit the engine in there.
If it fit's all, then we going the put the hole swap in my car(Y)
I let you know all when it's finish:laugh:

Litle kick,
But no one have any picture's?
We dit some Measurement at the engine bay of the micra, and think we have to cut a litle in the chassis is this correct?
Hope some one can help?

GroteFoto-GIXPTEHB.jpg

Oke i got a picture.
I would like to kown if i have to cut in this site of the chassis,to fit the SR20DE motor in.

i think the only real way to find out is jack the motor up inside the engine bay and play about, not many people have done a sucessful SR20 convertion in the UK, i think there are about 5 running that i know of,

every person has done it a different way, but i think it shouldn't need the chassis cutting, you may just have to move the water pump.

just be prepaired to start custom fabricating things as its not going to be a straight fit

haha no probs, it need two new sills, wings and i have a set of doors with all the electric mods and SR Bumper kit and bad boy bonnet to go on yet just need to pull my finger out. Then full respray.

Although i have just fitted the GTIR calipers with yellow stuff and grooved discs.

haha no probs, it need two new sills, wings and i have a set of doors with all the electric mods and SR Bumper kit and bad boy bonnet to go on yet just need to pull my finger out. Then full respray.

Although i have just fitted the GTIR calipers with yellow stuff and grooved discs.

you think you can do that in the next couple of days? lol

you think you can do that in the next couple of days? lol

Wish i could, im in manchester over the weekend then back on tuesday, i will attend the meet for a few hours then im off to scarborough on the wed night to then travel down to silverstone for the F1

Back