Pics!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

curtis

Ex. Club Member
Hi

Does anyone have any pictures of their engine bays with air filter or induction kits put on!!

I need ideas on what to do???

thanks in advance!

Curtis:k10:

i haven't done any thing yet but i was thinking of getting a universal "mushroom" air filter and plumbing it in so it was down behind my bumper

that way more cold air, not hot from the engine.

I dont have a picture, but i've seen one go straight forward over the rocker cover and then down

thanks that what i needed, some kind of idea where to put it....thanks!

but putting it down by the bumper:(
Wouldn't that take in water when its raining and when going through puddles!!
I think thats what vw golfs have and when they go through a big puddle the water goes into the air filter!

thanks anyway! :k10:

You wouldn't put it right down next to the road, somewhere just below the grille would probably do. Water will get on it, but not necessarily into the engine, it just depends on the angle of the filter and the direction the pipe work is facing

I think the bolt on ones cost about £45, but at least they fit properley! and it's a K&N too. That mini one is less than 2 inches in size!! It'l probably fill up with dirt in no time at all, and maybe even restrict the amount of air going into the carb.

the only problem with those bolt on ones is if you fit them directly onto the carb you get a massive ammount of hot air from the engine.

if you were to put one near the cooling fan or something then you coul fasion a splash cover below it or something like that.

in thoery tou wouldnt have to go down you could just go across and away from the enigne and heat.

yea could work, have seen one done.

if you made a shield to go on the engine side of the filter to stop as much hot air as possible then brill, if you want i could photoshop you what i mean?

bonnet vents are good but rain can get in

I'm going for a bolt on, heatshield under that and a cold air feed coming from in front of the wheelarch, if you put a slight break in the hose it will prevent a water lock
Here's a dodgy diagram:

well as i just got my membership!:p

l've been looking at the diy guides! the one with the holes drilled into the air pan?? Does that work!!

think i'll try that first!! lol

:k10: curtis

i haven't done any thing yet but i was thinking of getting a universal "mushroom" air filter and plumbing it in so it was down behind my bumper

that way more cold air, not hot from the engine.

i agree with him.....but 1stly i want know ur engine type! if u use MA09ERT, that engine want the cold air for the engine. But if u use MA10s or FF engine type, that engine want the hot air for the run engine....fwn

how deep are the puddles you go through curtis lol

well as i live in evesham, worcs. i was going through puddles that land rovers were backing out of!!!! thats was some scary stuff during those floods!:k10:

found the pics of my custom system i had on my first k10 at last!

Attachments

• 100_0098 (Small).JPG
    100_0098 (Small).JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 310
  • PICT0004 (Medium).JPG
    PICT0004 (Medium).JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 322
ah very nice speedle! like the alternator :p lol

did that change the sound or performance of the car at all?

heres a couple

Attachments

• 2973667202a5312465049l.jpg
    2973667202a5312465049l.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 302
  • 2973667202a5312445717l.jpg
    2973667202a5312445717l.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 301
sound was awesome and the car performace did change yes made the car pull alot better so prob increased the torque slightly the sound was to die for :D lol

i think i threw the metal pipe out tho :( bit daft in hindsight lol

i found that when i put my k&N on that the vacume tube that goes onto the part of the original air filter, came off, so i bloked it off with a bolt and a cable tie, this seemed to work :rolleyes: :wow: :p :p

may seem stupid
but what does a different air filter do??

i was looking at the small k&n that just bolts onto the top

so how will it affect the car??

chub

higher air flow, the standard air box is concidered to be pretty restrictive but a foam filter lets tonnes more air in.

alot of the time though with induction kits, you get a better, more sporty sound from the car but it doesnt really gain much if any in bhp's

no indution kit but still an engine pic :p

Image047.jpg

Image048.jpg

:p

Anyone know where i can get some nuts for the ball joints on the front strut arms???

that looks cool without the bonnet! lol

as for nuts mate either get some from the scrappies of go to nissan :) i always keep a surplus of bolts when i find some nice ones at the scrap yard :p

Side Ext Exhaust!!

no indution kit but still an engine pic :p

Image047.jpg

Just a heads up mate, my bro got pulled the other day in his punto gt for not wearing a seat belt, but he was wearing harnesses!! Anyway, the copper did an mot check on his car and said that he couldnt drive it home because his rear windows werent sealled up as they were ment to be as he has a side exit exhaust!! And apparently the fumes would blow up into the car, so this makes it illegal to drive!! And he got 3 points on his licence for it!!

Just a heads up mate, my bro got pulled the other day in his punto gt for not wearing a seat belt, but he was wearing harnesses!! Anyway, the copper did an mot check on his car and said that he couldnt drive it home because his rear windows werent sealled up as they were ment to be as he has a side exit exhaust!! And apparently the fumes would blow up into the car, so this makes it illegal to drive!! And he got 3 points on his licence for it!!

i would have contested this strongly.

as my dad works for VOSA i can safely say after asking him about this, that there is no need for there to be any "sealing" of the back windows what so ever, regardless of exhaust orientation.
the police officer doesnt have a mot testers licence and should not have been involved in such a dispute. what you could have done was to contest it at the road side and have it checked by the main "HGV testing facility" where VOSA is based. they would have just laughed at the P.O. and told him to beggar orf.

it makes me mad when the police think they know how to test vehicles when they havent a clue.
like whilst watching an episode of "police crimes uk" or something simalar. there was a guy that had his car stolen, then recovered and the copper wouldnt let him drive it cos the ignition barel wasnt in tact..... "that could cause a fire that could, youll have to get it towed as its an mot failure"

no it isnt, you dont have to have an ignition at all. and regardless of its condition, its not tested on an mot.

ah well. too late now hey?

ps nice ride...

and to think i defended the police when my mates were slatting them the other night! things like that make me so angry!!!!! if i were you id report the police officer and get those points taken off its never to late! what a complete and utter bas*ard! grrrrr

wheres my punch bag?!!!!

what a complete and utter bas*ard! grrrrr

wheres my punch bag?!!!!

haha lol

i was down Evesham Cruise the other night and they came down and broke that up even though all the cars were parked and not in away way doing anthing wrong.

then after they blocked all the car parks we went to and we had to give our names, because there private car parks! do not swear, and after saying that they gave me something called a section 59! which i though was for dangerous driving!!??!! grr grr grr grr grr grr !!!!!!!!!!!grr grr grr grr

thats a big giant pile of ####!!!! If i was an MOT tester and a cop pulled me over and said that. I would #### in his face about how hes wrong and how you could report him for ill practice. If you think about it, what that cop did was like someone pretending to be a plastic surgeon and saying your tits are #### and you need new 1's before leaving.

as for nuts mate either get some from the scrappies of go to nissan :) i always keep a surplus of bolts when i find some nice ones at the scrap yard :p

yea i got some from the scrappies. Picked up 2 nuts, plastic clips and a gear knob for £1 :p

Image050.jpg

What back passengers? :p

hehe nice wor mate back seats are for suckers! :p i have 2 seats in both my cars one was built that way though lol :p

yeah my bro has reported it!! but paid the fine anyway as he didnt want to end up getting 6 points if he didnt pay!! then he would of lost his licence as he only been driving for just under 2years!!
I can understand why police do these things, for safety sake, but it was stupid in my opinion!!
But thats life nowadays folks....just got to live with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back