Pics of my K10 with it's new kit!

Elliot

Ex. Club Member
I picked my bits up from Umar last Saturday for my K10. I got a Foah front bumper(?), Super S rear bumper, Super S sideskirts and wheel arch skirts, Super S doorcards, facelift bonnet and a set of facelift headlights.

Me and Umar fitted the bonnet and headlights when I picked up my bits, and I fitted the front bumper, rear bumper and doorcards last weekend.

This morning I fitted the skirts, and am really impressed at how well they look. :D

Here's some pictures I've took. The car looks 100 times better in the metal, as my crap camera and dark location doesn't exactly set anything off. :(

New1.jpg

New7.jpg

New6.jpg

New5.jpg

New4.jpg

New3.jpg

New2.jpg

-Elliot :laugh:

quickdraw

Ex. Club Member
was gonna say needs to now go all black though!!!
as the silver bit looks odd.

other than that open moth grill is needed also :p

apart from those little things I would do.

nice :)

enjoy

OP
OP
E

Elliot

Ex. Club Member
Hi guys,

Thanks for the nice comments. :)

I am going to be keeping the silver bit on the car, as it makes it look different to every other car. You don't see many small hatchback cars with silver down the side. :D

I think I will maybe get a facelift grill. I've asked one of the guys who I work with at work, if he could mould a ST style grill with the oval foglights in... but shall see in time. :)

Next on the list to finish it off, I think I will be purchasing a set of March rear lights. I was going to get some a couple of months ago, but spent the money on something else... but one of my friends who imports performance cars/parts said he could source some for me. :D

Thanks,
-Elliot

micra man

Golf GTi Turbo
Looking great mate. Also agree that the car would look better all colour coded but its up to you at the end of the day. :) Looking very smart now though, I like it alot. :D

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
Looks like im the only critical one so please take this constructivly. The tinted rear window looks a mess. Any bubbles in them (and from what I can see they look quite bad) must be sorted or it looks much worse than not having them at all. If its the photo then i apologise but it sure looks like it. The silver you need to make your mind up. Either make the whole side silver or black. The only thing that really sticks out are the skirts and the rear wheel arch trim. It wouldnt be hard to do something about that and it would be definately worthwhile. Finally a UK size plate in the front would look allot better in the UK size imprint of the bumper. Other than that it does look alot better than it was.

OP
OP
E

Elliot

Ex. Club Member
Thanks Dan. :)

Thanks for your comments Ed. :) As I said on the 1st post, my camera isn't much good at all. The car looks 10 times better when you really see it, as probably Kristian and Dusk will say as they've seen it today. The tinted rear windows aren't bad at all. I'm about to pay to have the rear window tinted professionally too, as I can't do that one without any imperfections. o_O

As for the silver down the sides, it does look good when you really see it. The digi cam I currently have picks up light in the wrong places. :(

-Elliot

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
In every other respect of photos I have ever seen even poor when i finally see the car the problems usually look worse than in the pics. (honest opinion!!) If you speak to kev at some point ask him about me picking his old car lol. It is honestly nice to see somone else doing something other than the norm, but if those windows have any loose tint (which it looks like) you could do nothing better than to get them done right, like you have said :)

ed

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
The front of that car looks good i think! has a rally style appearance, id say keep that grille! definitly get fogs, or mesh /fill in the holes in the front bumper!

I think it does look way better I was just wondering about ur wheels. I know they are 14" alloys but what is the offset and what are the tire dimensions? Do they rub at all? Other than that I looove:love: that front bumper!

B

Baker

hi ive just got myself the same skirts as yours but im getting problems fitting them. What did you attach the skirts to in the middle coz im stuck, can you give me an pics., if pos, thanks

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
Honest opinion is that the car now looks odd from the side, the silver needs to be as you did before with silver bumpers or get it all colour coded black.

The car looks like it would benefit from a good wax and polish as the newer bumpers look much fresher. However to judge this properly the photo's need to be better and also seeing it in person helps a lot.

I agree with Ed that the rear tinted windows do seem to have a lot of imperfections in the film where you've applied it. Trust me I know full well how hard it is to apply the film as I did the whole car on Dan's and in places it could be better.

I attempted the rear window mainly due to my install. To do this you need 3 strips and do one at a time, I made some mistakes on that and was never really happy with it. It's kind of like it's better not being there then having lots of bubbles in the film.

I have since done many friends cars and got perfect finishes with the folea tec film. It took many attempts on my old micra and a few more to learn the techinques properly.

Take it as constructive critism, like Ed said we had many a conversation about mine and it does help getting other people's opinions and views.

Kev :)

D

downthepan

Taste and opinion..

The car looks GREAT....!

Ive seen it in the flesh and hes got MY respect...

Kristian

OP
OP
E

Elliot

Ex. Club Member
Thanks for the comments. :)

Ed, no problem... I understand what you are saying. :) I can't say anything more than the camera is crap. It's some cheap digi cam that I bought off my Dad some time ago, as I just wanted somthing to generally take pictures at that moment in time. :blush:

I can see where you are coming from though about the tinted windows. They honestly don't look crap at all, as it is the light in the pictures/combination of a crap camera...as Kristian can probably vouch for. :)

1134, my tyre sizes are 185/60/R14's... and are just standard Pulsar GTi-R alloys. They don't rub unless I have anybody in the back of the car (Very rare!), but generally with 2 people in I have no problems.It does rub at the back if I turn a very tight corner, ie: 90-100 degree corner. :)

Arnold, thanks mate.I do like the grill as it is at the moment, but am going to be spraying it black to match the bodywork.

Baker, the skirts were reasonably easy to do. They are in 3 pieces. The front piece that mounts at the front wheel arch with 3 screws, the centre skirts which go along the side, and the rear skirt which goes over the rear wheel arch. The rear one's fit with 3 screws too if I remember correctly. I put both the front and rear skirts on first, and then the centre skirts push inbetween them and then screw into the side of the car. There should be some holes allready in the centre skirts which have some coloured caps over. Just take the caps off, drill the holes... and screw into the bodywork. :)

Kev, I recently T-Cutted the whole car about 3 weeks ago. The car really couldn't be any shinier, and maybe the front bumper looks fresher because I haven't yet t-cutted my new black bonnet that I got off Umar. :blush:

Kristian, Thanks mate. :)

Cheers,
-Elliot

Super S 1.5T

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
looking very nice :)

i have to say the front bumper suits your car alot!:love:
overall it looks alot better :)

Umar

Attachments

• IMG_4898.jpg
    IMG_4898.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_4896.jpg
    IMG_4896.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 271
  • IMG_4897.jpg
    IMG_4897.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 268
OP
OP
E

Elliot

Ex. Club Member
Thanks Umar mate. :) I'm definitely considering having the silver sprayed black at work now, after a discussion with Umar. :D

The car certainly does get a lot of looks now. ;)

-Elliot

kev_mono72

Ex. Club Member
Man that looks great!! Id definitly spray the silver parts black, and i love the grill as it is!
As for the last picture, i love standing at that angle to my car and looking at it, it makes it look 100 times better with the skirts and arches!
Congrats to u and umar, the facelift went very well, it looks amazing, i cant stop lookin at the photos!

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
if you ask me mate your car has to be one of my favourites of the k10's cos if you ask me its what the MSC stands for, taking something normal and making it better, i much prefer suttle kits like the nissan.foah ones to the in your face OTT ones. And like Ed said compared to what it was the cars a masterpiece now.

Keep up the good work mate it people like you that make this club great :D

OP
OP
E

Elliot

Ex. Club Member
Hi,

Thanks for your really nice comments. :) I'm pleased that some people like my car. :upside:

I have to say Matt and Kev, your K10's are 2 of my favourite in the club too. :D

I've been out this morning taking some pictures of my K10 with 'The Beast'. :D They seem to have turned out slightly better than my original pictures in certain places. :)

New12.jpg

New10.jpg

New9.jpg

-Elliot :upside::laugh:

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
nice mate, what you should do though is paint the silver bit that can be seen through the front bumper, i did this on mine just looks alot tidier :D

S

Slim

i dont thinkj the fornt end looks right. The facelift ights dnt look right with the pre facelift gril.

and whats teh deal with the stuck on foglight at the back when you have 2 in the bumpers?

OP
OP
E

Elliot

Ex. Club Member
Hi Matt,

I will probably paint the silver bit black behind the bumper when it stops raining. :D

The grill looks good on the front end. I may... just may, get a facelift grill and cut the slats out... but for the moment I am happy with the grill I have now.

-Elliot

B

Ben

Elliot, car is coming along scracking but seriosuly dude - go black. This is just my opinion but would look 100X better if the whole car was black with preffesional tints all round. The things you have put on only make the silver stand out more, it would look much more sleeper so to speak if it was all black. I understand your trying to be different but in some cases it makes more sense to be the same and in many ways you wont be coz you would have a very nice k10, not many of them around ahem!

OP
OP
E

Elliot

Ex. Club Member
Hi Ben,

Thanks mate. :) I think I will possibly spray it black, as quite a lot of people think it will look better.

One of the lads at work offered to spray my new kit in silver, but I declined... so I'll ask him to spray the silver bits black for me. :)

-Elliot

S

Slim

the right hand foglight in the bumper should be wired up anyway, they were standard. Just piggy-back a wire to the left on and you have 2 fog lights.

kev_mono72

Ex. Club Member
Thanks Elliot for the compliment.
I definitly tink you should leave that grille on it, the facelift grill will just make it look like a normal facelift micra with a bit of work done to it, instead people might notice that you face lifted it yourself!
The only ting id do to the outside now is spray the silver part black (or bodykit silver, id have to see a photoshopped image of each before i make my mind up) and professional tints, maybe new wheels or just lower profile tyres, and lower it... then it will look amazing!

EDIT: ive just been lookin at the pic's again, get some tint spray and tint your front indicator lenses and side repeaters, the orange sticks out too much, im looking for tint spray at the moment for mine, it seems to be rare stuff here!

OP
OP
E

Elliot

Ex. Club Member
Hi Kev,

Idealy, I am after a set of new alloys like Umars... as I've always been a big fan of the JDM style black alloys with the red ring around the edge. The thing is though, I've just recently got new rubber all-round on my K10 on the GTi-R alloys, so I would have to find some which are the same tyre size.

I suppose I could get them sprayed in work in black with a red ring around the edge, but I don't know if the alloys would actually look good.

I may be lowering it. I don't want to lower it too much, as the arches allready rub at the back as my tyres are wide for the car (185/65/R14's).

I will be getting all 3 back windows professionally tinted in a couple of weeks. I am going on a course soon, so will have to do everything when I get back... as I'm getting my hands on a new K12 company car while I'm on the course. :devil:

Umar did give me a set of front side light lenses, which were allready tinted in black... like his K10 Turbo. They don't fit too well on the mountings, but I should be able to get them to fit with a little work. I'm unsure if they would look any good though in black. Ideally with the front indicators, I'm thinking of going to a plastic fabricators... and asking if they can make me some clear covers for the indicators. If they would need quite a few orders to produce them, then I could see about a group buy on here. :)

Cheers,
-Elliot

kev_mono72

Ex. Club Member
i hear you can make your own out of some perspex, i not sure how good it would look though, i recon the tinted ones would be nice! Expecially on the black car!
As for your wheels, i dont think they would look that good sprayed like umars (who's wheels i love too), you'd probably be better off selling your wheels, try get some decent cash for them though because they do have new rubber, or you could try sell them to a place that does part-worn tyres...
Up to you in the end, i think youd be better off getting new wheels with lower tyres, but it all depends on what you want to do and your money situation at the time!

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
RE: RE: Pics of my K10 with it's new kit!

Elliot said:
, I'm thinking of going to a plastic fabricators... and asking if they can make me some clear covers for the indicators. If they would need quite a few orders to produce them, then I could see about a group buy on here. :)

Cheers,
-Elliot
count me in mate i want to get some of these sorted for mine

OP
OP
E

Elliot

Ex. Club Member
Kev, I'll have a see about the wheels, as I could pick up some cheapish used JDM wheels from a local importer...

Matt, I will make enquires into the clear indicators. :D

-Elliot

H

Herr_spl1ff

Noooooo!

Love the car but don't spray the silver black! Spray the skirts silver instead! :) Personally I think you should get rid of the tints too, just think it looks a bit van like from some angles.

Apart from that ;) Nice work mate, looking very tidy

RE: RE: Pics of my K10 with it's new kit!

Elliot said:
I am going to be keeping the silver bit on the car, as it makes it look different to every other car. You don't see many small hatchback cars with silver down the side. :D

Thats because it doesn't look any good

H

Herr_spl1ff

I'll stay being the lone voice of dissent/reason! ;)

I think the silver/black looks good, something a bit different. I think the new bits on Elliot's car make it look a bit odd because they cover some of the silver. If the bumpers were sprayed to follow the line of the silver around the arches to the bottom of the car it'd look a lot better, & stay unique! :)

The original bumpers don't go all the way to the arches or bottom of the body panels so the 2 tone effect is more balanced...

Anyways, just my 2p... :)

kev_mono72

Ex. Club Member
Mark said:
elliot do you want a proper Super S front bumper?

I'll do you a swop for mine if you want

I think hes happy with what he has! I know i would be, the foah bumper is rarer than the super s one!

Following the previous comments i think i would say go with the silver kit and bumpers! Keep the 2 tone!

OP
OP
E

Elliot

Ex. Club Member
Hi guys,

Sorry for my late reply, as I've been away for a week.

Mark, thanks for the offer... but I like my new front bumper. :)

-Elliot