Picking up my 160SR next week

L

LEEROY_UK

Im a noob here so hello to everybody ,cant wait me and the missus should take delivery on the 16th.we have ordered it in nero black with tints so should look pretty trick.
what id like to know is are there any induction kits or filter panels available.
i see that k&n do one for the 1.4 model ,will this fit the 160 ?
Also is there any ss exhaust systems available that will fit?

cheers

ive already got my 160 :p its really good!,same colour as yurs too!

ive e-mailed k&n bout induction kit and they sed ,they dont do an indudtion kit but would like the part number for the standard airbox to chech for a possible pannel filter for it :) if sum1 can get me the part number i wil get bak to him,it was only yesturday he e-mailed me :)

ill give them a mail too ,if they get enough interest they will design a kit.
if any of you other 160 owners out there could mail them as well we may get some joy out of them ;]

i asked if they was interested in using my car to design one and thats all they sed

theres no exhausts out for the 1.6 engine yet. So your best bet is getting a custom one made.

Not even nismo do one for the 1.6 yet.

i would go custom every time!,,its far better

thanks james,big help mate,

ive jus replied to him basicly saying i dont want a poxy pannel filter,is ther anychance of designing one

Don't have the 160SR, but if its the same as the normal K12:

Edit: I'm pretty sure all those numbers are official Nissan part numbers

Attachments

• airfilter.jpg
    airfilter.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 230
thanks ,,but wen i clik on it i cant make out any of the numbers ..lol

can u post up the actual filter element number up,,i think thats wot they want

you can see from james pick that all the k12 engines use the same filter so it wouldnt suprise me if nissan have tried to save some moeny and use the same filter on the 1.6.

if it turns out to be the a different size you could try the clio 1.6 engine?

The Element part no is: 16546

Btw, when you open the attachement, its probably zoomed out, if you're using Internet explorer, keep your mouse still over the image till a square box appears in the bottom right and click on. This will zoom to 100% zoom

If you're using Firefox click on the image to zoom it.

so if its got the smaller engined fillter on it ,,it shoud see a gud gain from an induction kit

just mailed them with the usual bs,so lets hope theres others that want one and will mail em,
as for the exhaust i have a coulpe of powerflow dealers near me so ill take her down and get a price,i think middle exit would look cool, it deos at least on the micra 350z

on the 160sr the rear bumper goes up in the center,i think a doulbe zorst exactly like the clio 172/182 wil look the best,,that wot im going for anyway

lol,yeah james im bit thik ,got it now matey

you'll have to cut the wheel well out to get a centre exhaust. I was going to get a twin exit exhaust similar to the 350z but i was told that the wheel well was in the way and the gap between the spring and the wheel wasn't big enough for the pipe work to fit.

jus bin out to have a look,,ther no way a double will go ther,,the space at the drivers side is alot smaller isnt it,, tut tut

wil have to go for big jap can agian,but not jus yet,other things are more important etm

oh well thats ####ed on my fire works then lol,might look at getting a single jap style 4" slash cut if i can find a universal the right size,but as i havent got the car yet so i cant measure up anything,
ill just have tobe patient then i spose,
god i hate waiting.
;]

thinkin about it,,you can have a double if you dont mind the 2nd one not working..then it doesnt need a backbox,and will be ok,it will look alot better than a big jap zorst,i dont think it wil suit it tbh

ill take it to exhaust uk see wot they can come up with

yeah like that! but with a 2nd one at other side..i think 4" will look daft on the k12,,but it suits the k11 really well,

and cant really cut bumper on k12 to make it fit in..it wud have to hang down and look poo,

EDIT:beat me to post ..lol..but that exactly wot i had in mind,i think thats the best option even it the 2nd one dont work,

jus saw mt first k12 facelift the other day, when i saw the rear bumper i thought that a saxo splitter that iv seen before would fit nicely. not sure who makes the said splitter but it goes up in the middle and though that it would look smart on the k12 rear with a twin exit exhaust either side.

Back