Photoshoot of my car.

Bmx_Bandit

Ex. Club Member
Just posting up some pics of my car i took yesterday, on my day off work. :)

(maximise the pop up window when viewing)

Attachments

• Art Design.jpg
    Art Design.jpg
    249.8 KB · Views: 223
  • Badge.jpg
    Badge.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 186
  • Car 1.jpg
    Car 1.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 256
  • Car 2.jpg
    Car 2.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 214
  • Car 3.jpg
    Car 3.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 241
  • Car 4.jpg
    Car 4.jpg
    283.2 KB · Views: 218
  • Car 6.jpg
    Car 6.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 180
  • Car 7.jpg
    Car 7.jpg
    233.5 KB · Views: 191
  • Car mono.jpg
    Car mono.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 210
  • Front Detail.jpg
    Front Detail.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 204
  • Side.jpg
    Side.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 246
  • Sticker.jpg
    Sticker.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 206

tse_adam

Micra Attitude
fantastic looking car there and some really good taken pictures. i like the fifth pic from top row, it looked like it was a cut out pic from a car magazine. hehe nice one!

scottish-sr

Ex. Club Member
Really nice pictures Simon, especially like the 1st one. Last one looks very similar to one I took of your car at the meet, its copyrighted you know :p

OP
OP
Bmx_Bandit

Bmx_Bandit

Ex. Club Member
scottish-sr said:
Really nice pictures Simon, especially like the 1st one. Last one looks very similar to one I took of your car at the meet, its copyrighted you know :p

Cheque is in the post ;)

Brilliant pictures, that Nikon D70s really suits you :). Wait until you upgrade to the D200, you'll be chuffed.

Can you send me the high res version of Car 4.jpg? I would love to use that image as my desktop picture :). Yes your photography skills are that good :).

E-mail: [email protected]

Thanks in advance

Sky

OP
OP
Bmx_Bandit

Bmx_Bandit

Ex. Club Member
I've had higher spec cameras like the 10D and 20D before but i don't gain any advantage from them. I'm keeping this body and going to put money into getting top quality lenses for the best possible sharpness.

I dont have the high res on me at the moment, but i will try get it to you this week :)

OP
OP
Bmx_Bandit

Bmx_Bandit

Ex. Club Member
wilsonian said:
sweet :D

any filters used etc?

A ND grad for some of them. The mono one was desaturated and toned in photoshop CS

fraz_micra_88 said:
mate very very pics car looks amazing

Thanks for that :D, i'm pretty happy with the results. The hard prints look real good.

OP
OP
Bmx_Bandit

Bmx_Bandit

Ex. Club Member
wilsonian said:
Yeah, got an Olympus E-300 with a few lenses - mainly do country side shots but once the car gets a wash i'm gonna be trying out a few things :D

Cool. I had the E 500. but i didnt get on with the feel of the body. Amazing quality though. Good lenses.
I'm sticking with the cheaper body (D70s) as it does all and more that i need, and save up for a nice fast F2.8 70- 200 or 100-300 :D:D

Kev said:
I feel an MSC photo shoot coming on for the 2007 calendar! :D

Kev

Cool ! :D i'd be well up for that. Getting a good location is the hardest thing though. :)

wilsonian

Ex. Club Member
It is all about location location location for car shots - waste of time having ADSA in the background

I don't mind the body of the E-300 but it's a tad smaller than normal. still the 4/3 system is great! :D

OP
OP
Bmx_Bandit

Bmx_Bandit

Ex. Club Member
wilsonian said:
It is all about location location location for car shots - waste of time having ADSA in the background

I don't mind the body of the E-300 but it's a tad smaller than normal. still the 4/3 system is great! :D

Too true. I found this location by chance. The top floor of a carpark, usually a good bet.
The 4/3 system is good, especially if you like long lenses. The lenses are a mint to buy though! :)

Cheers Nex and Dr Zoidberg for your comments, appreciated. :):)

Bmx_Bandit said:
I've had higher spec cameras like the 10D and 20D before but i don't gain any advantage from them. I'm keeping this body and going to put money into getting top quality lenses for the best possible sharpness.

I dont have the high res on me at the moment, but i will try get it to you this week :)

Thanks ;)

ISO200 is the lowest the D70s can go down to isnt it? Youre doing the right thing putting money on top quality lenses. :)

Sky

OP
OP
Bmx_Bandit

Bmx_Bandit

Ex. Club Member
Yeah iso 200 is the lowest, which nearley put me off buying. But the quality is there, without a doubt.
Your right. YOu can have the best body around, but if you team it up with a poor lens, there is no point.

wilsonian

Ex. Club Member
The lenses are a mint to buy though!

Tell me about it! I was going to get the 50-200 lense but it costs near £700 :eek:

I was going to scout out a few as I was looking at getting ruins of some north wales castles in the back ground :D

OP
OP
Bmx_Bandit

Bmx_Bandit

Ex. Club Member
I'm saving for the Sigma 70-200 F2.8 :D I dont want anything longer, as the 100-300 F4 would be more limiting. And i can use a 1.4x converter with the F2.8 anyway. :)

If you gonna buy a Sigma. Watch out for barrell disortion. Try one and take a picture of vertical and horizontal lines (buildings, sign posts) and make sure theres no bending or disortion before you buy, especially at the edges of the picture. Although it doesnt matter so much with the D70s or other Nikons because the CCD sensor isnt full frame like Canons.

Sky

Kirton

Renault Sport
aint got a clue what you's are talking about, lol!.. now i know what goes through girls heads when lads talk about cars, lol!

Wolodemer

Ex. Club Member
Photo shoot.

They are wonderfull pics mate. I think the car would still look cool with asda in the background, don't you? Great car, great colour too.:slm:

OP
OP
Bmx_Bandit

Bmx_Bandit

Ex. Club Member
Skyliner34 said:
If you gonna buy a Sigma. Watch out for barrell disortion. Try one and take a picture of vertical and horizontal lines (buildings, sign posts) and make sure theres no bending or disortion before you buy, especially at the edges of the picture. Although it doesnt matter so much with the D70s or other Nikons because the CCD sensor isnt full frame like Canons.

Sky

Yeah i'm aware of that. I use a Sigma 15mm fisheye lens anyway if i want that effect. I've tried the lens i want compared to the Nikon equivilant and the difference is so hard to see, but the Nikon lens is twice the price! No way is it worth it in my eyes, Sigma even make some lenses for canon anyway :)

Wolodemer said:
They are wonderfull pics mate. I think the car would still look cool with asda in the background, don't you? Great car, great colour too.:slm:

Maybe Tesco but not ASDA :D:D