Photos required (glovebox and boot light)

steve.moody

Buy & Sell Member
Hey,

[Car - Micra N/Reg 1.0L]

After reading another thread on forum iv'e decided to wire up two interior lights in the boot and glovebox of my car that come on automatically using push to open switches

I'm going to get a couple of these from maplin-

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=3176&&source=14&doy=28m1

iv'e got some wire and was going to go to the scrappy on monday to find two smallish interior lights out of any car i come accross :)

I was just wondering whereabouts the lights were positioned / installed by nissan (i.e. in the higher spec cars to the L model) so that i can get them in roughly the right place to get the best use from them.

Any photos would be great

Thanks

Steve :)

OP
OP
S

steve.moody

Buy & Sell Member
Micra said:
im no expert, but dont you mean "push to close" switches?
Nope, I think they are push to open switches so that when the door/boot/glovebox is closed the switch is pushed and the circuit opened (broken) and then the light would go off.

When the door/boot/glovebox is closed with a push to close switch installed the switch is pushed and the circuit closed (completed) and then the light would come on.
:wasntme:

OP
OP
S

steve.moody

Buy & Sell Member
Fordy said:
there is both, push to open and push to close

isn't it just a push to open switch which controls the interior light from the opening of the doors and more push to open switches for the glovebox and boot lights ?

I really dont think what you call it matters to much!!! You just want courtesy light switches (the ones that turn on when you open the door) just grab a couple from the breakers.

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member
i've never heard of a k11 with a glove box light...

i'm installing one one mine :)