Photobucket :0(

John_D

Club Member
Radio Code Guru
Not sure who else on here hosts their images via Photo****it, but I've just received an email from them telling me that if I want to keep 3rd party linking to images I need to 'upgrade' to a 'Plus500' account. What they fail to point out is this will cost a mere $399 annually!:mad:
It looks that any images that I have linked to posts/threads on here will vanish in the near future. I will attempt to replace the pictures at some point soon but I have hundreds of images linked to posts on other forums as well,over the last 10 years, so it will b e a slow process. Fortunately I have all the images saved on backup drives on my PC so not in the same boat as other Photo****it customers who have solely kept their images on their site. Any recommendations for alternative, free, image hosting sites that allow 3rd party linking gratefully received.
John....

If ur a paid member (least £15 a yr for bronze membership), u can upload images more reliably onto the MSC server.

I used to upload pics via free hosts but they only stay up for a limited time.

Yes, photobucket holding internet forum posters to ransom, disgusting. hope they go under.
People have tried relocating their pictures and found that you can only do one at a time, if you can navigate through the pop ups.
I have my pictures on another machine, looks like I have some work to do...

Some reviews and recomendations for alternative sites:- https://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.photobucket.com

Back