Photo of ariel wiring?

Tom Messy

Ex. Club Member
Hi,

Does anyone have, or could anyone take a photo of their ariel wiring above the driver's door please? Mine has obviously been tampered with at some point, and I'm not sure how it's meant to go. There appears to be a cable with two sets of wires running through, but it's been messed around with so much I'm not sure. If anyone can help that'll be great!

Many thanks,
Tom

pollyp

Club Member
i recall the thicker shielded cable is for the aerial, the other thinner red coloured wires are for the interior roof light.

OP
OP
Tom Messy

Tom Messy

Ex. Club Member
Ok, thanks.

The thicker stuff round the outside is definitely the ground for the radio, but the inside one doesn't go anywhere at all, it's just cut off - my interior light still works, so I'm not sure about that one. Could it be the signal from the aerial to the radio? It's in a white casing for all the cables btw, there is no red!

pollyp

Club Member
The aerial cable is the thick co-axial light grey coloured cable that runs inside the A-pillar, out of the access opening through some foam and into the radio. Inside the a-pillar is also a white rigid tube which houses the retractable aerial and also drains trapped water down to the sill.

in the co-axial aerial cable, the outer sheilding is Ground while the inner wire connects to the aerial mast when extended up.

the other red wires i mention is between the a-pillar and the plastic trim but since ur lights work it's nothing to worry.

Sorry to jump in - but hoping you may help. I've lost the reception on the radio. The connection on rear of unit is fine, I get the feeling the problem is with the connection to the pillar/roof aerial as it just pulls straight out, so obviously not connected. Any ideas??

Thanks