Question: Peter Lloyd Exhaust on a Facelift 2001

Hi all,

I've asked a similar question before but can't find the Bl**dy thread... :/
Basically, got a 2001 1.0L Coil PAck and when I fit a PL exhaust what needs to be moved around? Like lambada sensors, etc.
Also, is there only the 1 CAT in the Mani in a 2001?
Ta :)

frank

Club Member
it,ll hang pretty low on a coilpack mani/cat huggy, and you might need to fit the 2nd lambda to it too

OP
OP
Huggy444
it,ll hang pretty low on a coilpack mani/cat huggy, and you might need to fit the 2nd lambda to it too

Ahh, I've got underbody shields on it so guess it might touch...Damn. Any ideas on a way around that? :S And fitting the lambada is just drill a hole and plop it in really?

frank

Club Member
Ahh, I've got underbody shields on it so guess it might touch...Damn. Any ideas on a way around that? :S And fitting the lambada is just drill a hole and plop it in really?
you might be best to fit a pre-coilpack mani and cat (or maybe just cat) to lift the lloyd downpipe off the a/r/b, and get a lambda thread/boss welded in eh

OP
OP
Huggy444
@frank. Sorry if this is a daft question but is the pre-coilpack mani and cat an easy fit to a coilpack micra? Would just like to check before i splash out....

I got a peter lloyd fitted to my 2002 coil pack 1.0L and my mechanic took the second lamda sensor off and the car runs great.

As far as I am aware the second lambda sensor is to check whether the cat is working. The first one goes before the cat on the manifold and the second one after the cat if there is no difference in readings between the cat isn't working. I don't have sump guards since I don't take the car off road. I haven't had any knocking issues either.
IMG_00000088.jpg
IMG_00000090.jpg

I have attached a few pictures so you can see the ground clearance.

About 3 month no rust issue yet. Will see how it looks after the winter. McMirra has had his for longer so you can ask him too.

About 3 month no rust issue yet. Will see how it looks after the winter. McMirra has had his for longer so you can ask him too.

Had mine for about 4 or 5, now turned silver rather than black, but going to get my car waxoiled for winter :)

Good stuff vic, got my franskspeed fitted, such an improvement :D

OP
OP
Huggy444
I want as loud as possible, and as little restriction as possible without breaking my regs... Custom is the way to push the limits :p

OP
OP
Huggy444
Can push 100db on some events, but it's really about as little restriction as possible... Which makes it louder I guess... Dunno, custom made's just cooler :p PL is a rally exhaust though

OP
OP
Huggy444
£280 for a custom stainless fitted, getting the exhaust welded would get the price up to about £200....then I'd have to fiddle around fitting it