Performance upgrades

Carb Cleaner it is then. - Thanks for the replies as always guys, greatly appreciated.

I've just had my car terracleaned, the other day and the fuel eco was much better, power in all gears again etc etc

but for some reason 3rd is really flat spot'y through the revs. The fuel economy is now crap too... can't explain it. Feels like there is still a block somewhere but with the terraclean i don't think it's the block/injectors/combustion chambers.

So I was thinking the air/fuel ratio may be off, so i took the air filter off, made a bit of difference(power wise not mpg wise)but it was still flat spotting loads...

You guys think it could be relating to the TB or Dist cap? or something else...?

Right... done some troubleshooting on my break from troubleshooting (I work in tech support :p) haha and i think i've isolated the issue down the the MAF. I disconnected the brown plug, gave it some beans and it seems to be pulling as it should. Disconnected the black one and the car really wasn't interested in driving haha

So from this diagnosis would people recommend i do the solder fix? 90'000 miles on clock btw

HERO IN A HALF SHELL!!!

image.png

Confirmed the issue on the way home from work. 70-75 sounds totally(ish) quiet now. And the power seems to be better in third, pulls well in 5th too.

Can you buy replacement MAF for prefacelift? I don't have the time at the moment to remove, re-solder and refit.

Right, MAF/TB has been cleaned and checked and seems to be working a bit better after a few sprays of carb cleaner.

Also cleaned the dizzy cap pins as they were furred up a little with white stuff. Gonna change it soon I reckon but a clean will do for the mo.

Been reading into advancing my dizzy, I moved mine clockwise(towards cabin) by about a MM(using the washer as a marker).

I was just wondering how much more is worth doing?

Bearing in mind the engine is running better than ever and would probably respond well to it. Seemed to pull a bit better with the slight change, I know some have said you can twist it fully but I want someone else's experienced opinion on the matter.

@frank @5701micra

Back