performance parts?

hiya i am soon to be building a micra into a trackday car, its a 2001 1.0 and im just wondering what parts are out there that can give me a nice power increase? i have seen that you can put the 1.3 cams in but just wondering if anyone has any other types/makes of performace cams for a micra
im also in the search for ,remapped/remapping ecu places, flywheels, polished ported head or anything else people can think of ?

also im soon going to be stripping the 2001 1.0 interier so if anyone wants any or all of it just pm me :)

The only realistic obstacle is your wallet!!! Frank would surely give you some good advice too. Personally, i would raise the compression (head skim, we have 70 thou gone and no issues) genuine head gasket. Double washers under the valve springs, 1300 cams, Free flow exhaust system (de-cat if its pure track car). Remove the rev-limiter (although your is probably coilpack and im not sure how easy it is to do to that system). Obviously there will be differences of opinion here but i have found the almera 1.4 injectors work well, we kept the standard throttle body (for class regs more than anything) and used a 3'' trumpet on top, we found that the bosch super 4 plugs work excellently with a pretty big gap (EBBDude was right). A good radiator along with a good clean cooling system is vital, they do not like getting hot at all, good airflow to your rad should be a priority on a track car really. Obviously good quality oil is a must along with a good filter, genuine is best. A good lightweight flywheel is important too, along with a good clutch (standard ones are very poor, even in lightly tuned engines) We race ovals and bar the getaway from the line the car is never below 7200rpm, at the very end of the straight we reach 8500rpm (ecu shuts down for a split second!!) and not once have we suffered any mechanical failure, they really are an incredible little engine, only wish i'd started using them sooner!!! (Toyota 12 valve engines were the previous must have but they have dreadfully weak bottom ends)
All the above mods are very cheap to do and really do provide a quick, responsive free revving engine that should prove reliable.
Like i said, thats only my own opinions going on what i have learnt, frank here has been playing with these engines for far longer than i have and will no doubt have further mods to help you (we cannot touch ecu's,fpr's,pumps, throttlebodies or anything like that)

sound advice there :) i,ve already/previously advised the best i can, but like you say the coilpack options are limited

The cylinder heads will give you minimal ish gains as they are very good although porting and polishing of course you will see a bit. every little helps. I may be able to help you out with larger injectors and a flywheel (lightened). might have an exhaust floating about?

wrote this list on another thread.

for starters always make sure it's in the best working condition first beforehand = full on service:
  • oil & filter
  • air filter
  • clean the MAF sensor
  • clean or replace spark plugs
  • clean off oxide from dizzy cap
  • check dizzy timing is spot on
  • make sure u got good equal cyl compression
  • check O2 sensors working or replace
  • clean IAV till it rotates freely, remove the waxstat fast idle mechanism then adjust hot/cold idle rpm
  • check brakes are not binding!
to improve performance (all depends on application and budget of course):

Back