performance parts

davedaveld

Ex. Club Member
Hi ive got a 1.0 and its starting to annoy me how slow it is so I want to start planning some mods I can do to my car I was thinking a 1.6, de cat ,421maybe a turbo something like that but I have no idea whats involved or how much money it will cost so I am just asking what you guys think esp about the money thanks

euro_micra

Matt :)
Bolt-on mods are good place to start imo. I recommend the cg13 cams for a cg10, combined with a ga16 airbox it gives the 1.0 a nice little kick up the arse and costs less than a tank of petrol.

Either ga boxes cause they're the same size (1.4 & 1.6) with panel filter
Frankspeed mani (pm frank)
cg13 cams
Sportex downpipe to backbox (Peter Lloyd rallying)

You'll see a bit of a difference before spending a lot of money

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
Hi ive got a 1.0 and its starting to annoy me how slow it is so I want to start planning some mods I can do to my car I was thinking a 1.6, de cat ,421maybe a turbo something like that but I have no idea whats involved or how much money it will cost so I am just asking what you guys think esp about the money thanks

weight loss may be the best free mod you could get,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,for now anyway

OP
OP
davedaveld

davedaveld

Ex. Club Member
How much difference will what euro micra said make im just trying to price up some mods that will really make a difference not too bothered about how much money I can save for it if I saved say 250 what do you think I could do

euro_micra

Matt :)
How much difference will what euro micra said make im just trying to price up some mods that will really make a difference not too bothered about how much money I can save for it if I saved say 250 what do you think I could do

It makes the 1 litre even more rev-happy, acceleration is very much improved at high revs, 0-60 about the same as a stock 1.3. Just fitting a cg13 inlet camshaft though will keep the same power band roughly as the 1.0 but will pull much more strongly, almost felt like a diesel imo. I personally don't think it's quite enough for me and I'm trying to get more from it mind you.

But for £250 you could probably buy a 1.3 and get a camshaft reprofiled with a headskim, if you know how to swap engines yourself.

martinb

Ex. Club Member
I can fit a 1.3 for you for £100? Just get one from breakers?

Keep 1.0 gearbox for fast excelleration :)

Pm for details mate

OP
OP
davedaveld

davedaveld

Ex. Club Member
Thanks for the offer but your in london im in yorkshire lol lol and I know a guy who dose that kinda stuff:) , how much to put a 1.6 in if im saving then I might as well go bigger any ideas

OP
OP
davedaveld

davedaveld

Ex. Club Member
Ive just been looking at what people have said about putting the 1.6 sounds a hell of alot of work to do it so I think 13 sounds good to me what kind of power can you get out of one of thoughs

martinb

Ex. Club Member
They had a 180 bhp rally jap thing once

Power in my eyes means f a

It's all about how it drives a power delivery

Maybe get the 1.3 fitted with breathing mods and lose the excess weight in the car and see how it feels :)

Daniel

I WILL be back...
I think you could do a lot worse than going for a 1.3 transplant. Ported and skimmed head, higher lift cams, 4-2-1 manifold, Sportex or Ashley system (with decat pipe), heatwrapped manifold, Almera airbox with K&N panel filter, 1.6 injectors, iridium spark plugs, remove aircon (if you have it), and strip the interior out - I think you can get the weight down to about 600kg if you remove everything apart from the front seats, steering wheel, and dashboard. My mate has done less than this to his SR, and it flies :grinning:

I also seem to remember that there was a thread on here where someone managed to gain something like 30bhp/40bhp, purely by customising a higher capacity throttle body, making their own high lift cams, and a few other mods - all you would require for that is some skill and patience. I'm sure someone will remember which thread I'm on about :laugh: