PCV valve

imp124

Buy & Sell Member
Hi

Just wondering when the PCV valve should be open as i had my hand over the pipe from the top of the rocker cover and it was really trying to suck my hand in very strong :D

Cheers

Steve

OP
OP
imp124

imp124

Buy & Sell Member
The Rocker cover was blowing a little bit, the pipe that connects to it was sucking like mand though, the end that goes to the inlet manifold

frank

Club Member
The Rocker cover was blowing a little bit, the pipe that connects to it was sucking like mand though, the end that goes to the inlet manifold

thats ok, the vacuum will depend on how much the throttle is open eh :)
(throttle shut = high vacuum)

OP
OP
imp124

imp124

Buy & Sell Member
ok, cheers, still have a very slight misfire but think it might just be the choke as it goes after a minute or two

frank

Club Member
the type of air filter is crutial on a carbed engine steve (as is on my gas setup)
and most of the k10 guys running a non-stock filter will have a/f/r, s wildly out in certain running conditions :)

OP
OP
imp124

imp124

Buy & Sell Member
the type of air filter is crutial on a carbed engine steve (as is on my gas setup)
and most of the k10 guys running a non-stock filter will have a/f/r, s wildly out in certain running conditions :)

I thought this too, so i recently swapped the air filter and pan back onto the carb with a slight inprovement, Replaced everything replaceable in the ignition system lol