PCV Filter?

Hi

I am just about to attempt the 54,000 mile service on my K11. The Haynes manula says to renew the PCV filter. I have had a look at the filter at it is extremely dirty. The only problem is I don't seem to be able to find any anywhere ( I have not tried my local dealer as they are not very local). I have tried JAParts and they don't seem to list it, I have tried agoogle and that has not some up with anything.

My questions are:
Can I buy one anywhere online?
Do I need to change it?
If I don't need to change it what is the best thing to clean it with?

Cheers
:k11green:

Buy a breather filter from ebay (looks like a mini K&N) and shove that on the end of the pipe.
PCV is a bad system and should be removed as it vents exhaust gasses back into the air intake.

Buy a breather filter from ebay (looks like a mini K&N) and shove that on the end of the pipe.
PCV is a bad system and should be removed as it vents exhaust gasses back into the air intake.

it's not exhaust gasses that go through pcv filter, just oil vapour from the crank case (camcover). call you local (or not so local) nissan dealer and ask them to pop one in the post for you. i can't see it being a problem for them.

Back