pc's

Belly93

to turbo or new lump :/ hmmm
anyone on here have any high end gaming/graphics pcs?
any pics of set ups i wouldnt mine building my own pc

all if i can afford lol too many ideas not enough funds, has this business not picked up yet lol
Its not expanded yet :p
Won't be til the new year I shouldn't have thought.
Even then are you gonna work on one car the run off to another.... then another... and back again :p

No pics but for work I ordered a couple of high end PCs from Novatech, both i7-2600 on Intel boards, 16gb ram, twin ssds and 1tb hard drive. 1 had middle range nvidia 600 series for running 3D projectors and the other an AMD eyefinity 6 card for running 6 1080 monitors in a 3x2 grid - they built them with corsair case, PSU etc. Very pleased with them and they know what they're talking about on the other end of the phone. Even if you're going down the self build route they might be worth a call to see if you can get a bundle of components of even just for advice.

I can build you a PC Adam @belly93

Built many in the past on a budget for people, 6 or something I think...

Never had any complaints or texts about things breaking... Last one I built was about 3 yr ago so they must be reliable..

It'll give me a way to pay you back for car helping too :p

I can build you a PC Adam @belly93

Built many in the past on a budget for people, 6 or something I think...

Never had any complaints or texts about things breaking... Last one I built was about 3 yr ago so they must be reliable..

It'll give me a way to pay you back for car helping too :p

i fancy trying to builld one myself, but all help is appreciated

My setup(which is about 3yrs old now or something) is:

i5-260 2.6ghz overclocked to 4ghz
8Gig DDR3 Corsair (cannot remember type)
ATI 5770 Gfx card
1TB seagate barracuda 7500rpm
Decent ASUS board (again can't remember type)
Antec 900 case (which I've had for about 8 years I think...)
Hiper 600 WATT PSU (again about 8yr old)
Corsair h50 watercooling loop
BenQ 24" monitor, which has THE best contrast ratio when bought
Logitech G5 lazer mouse(8yrold)
Logitech G15 gaming keyboard(one with LED screen)
Bigfoot Networks network card(reduces ping about 50%)

Probs missed something...

Oh 8 yr old Logitech 2.1 sound system. Still loud, still proud and still has clarity.

I cannot turbo or build a car from scratch but PC's are second nature to me... Oh and Mac's but you can only buy them really...

Edited for autocorrect!

dOp2gyq.jpg

As a former IT technician, PCs are my jam yo!

On the surface:
Big ass custom built desk
24" Samsung monitor
Logitech Z506 5.1 surround
Turtle Beach X12
ZBoard
Razer Deathadder
Huge Roccat mousemat

PC Spec:
Intel i5 2500K @ 3.8ghz
Twin Nvidia 460GTX in SLi
8GB DDR3 Corsair
Casecom case (sexy as)
750W Antec PSU
Asus Mobo

The PC is a babe but I'll be receiving my Xbox One this friday so it'll take the back seat for a while. I'm getting back into console gaming with all my friends, we all decided to pick up the Xbox One and play on a singular console together. Makes life much easier for all of us and it's easier to do LAN parties that way!

That setup looks sickkkk

You ever played WoW? A setup of that caliber normally means you're the geekiest of geek, like myself haha

Yeah man played up until mid-Cataclysm but got a bit bored of how dumbed down they made everything :( Will always have a special spot for it deep down

Same as me. We'll have to jump on and lvl some noobs when the final expansion comes out. Mists was pants. cata was ok lvling wise, terrible raid(when I quit)TBC great raiding, hard raiding at that, epic quests for the time, damn fun but still challenging somewhat.

And vanilla, well, vanilla was vanilla. Just good.

A lot of WTF moments which a game with that scale should have. Remember being in wetlands as a lvl 23 hunter back in 2005... Just thinking... Where's the harbor!?!?!?!?

Tis Adam but, a preoverclocked AMD bundle is your best bang for buck at the mo, trust meh

(I'm sad and read benchmarks at work.)

2 mins I'll get you a link

Overclockers is the best for preoverclocked setups

Scan is fantastic don't get me wrong, but you're paying for a shinty website and fantastic award winning service. Which is great and everything but hopefully you'll never need to call them anyway.

On that note overclockers service is fantastic. And they have a deal of the week thing where you can save at least 10%

I just wait for the thing I need to go in the weekly sale then buy it, saved a few quid that way haha

im just lookig and getting idea atm be after xmas before i start,

whats peoples opiions on nuc pcs?

Erm they're alright but it's like trying to fit a v8 into a micra when it'll come to modding it.

If you're just wanting a cheap long lasting build then aye fine, but cooling will always be an issue if you're overclocking.

My CPU needs repaste-ing actually. CPU temps are hovering around 60c under load. Used to be 45c.

Lowest temp I've ever got mine to was 18c only a really cold day haha

If that make no sense to you Adam, low temps on a high clock is like running 20psi but still keeping reliability.

Erm they're alright but it's like trying to fit a v8 into a micra when it'll come to modding it.

If you're just wanting a cheap long lasting build then aye fine, but cooling will always be an issue if you're overclocking.

My CPU needs repaste-ing actually. CPU temps are hovering around 60c under load. Used to be 45c.

Lowest temp I've ever got mine to was 18c only a really cold day haha

If that make no sense to you Adam, low temps on a high clock is like running 20psi but still keeping reliability.

you got any internal external pics of the tower with the water cooling?

Easier for you to google corsair h50 watercooler reviews.

Loads of new ones out now that are probably better

Mine was one of the first mass produced models. Best cooling you can get for 50 quid though

Same as me. We'll have to jump on and lvl some noobs when the final expansion comes out. Mists was pants. cata was ok lvling wise, terrible raid(when I quit)TBC great raiding, hard raiding at that, epic quests for the time, damn fun but still challenging somewhat.

And vanilla, well, vanilla was vanilla. Just good.

A lot of WTF moments which a game with that scale should have. Remember being in wetlands as a lvl 23 hunter back in 2005... Just thinking... Where's the harbor!?!?!?!?
On Stormscale myself mate :D

dOp2gyq.jpg

On the surface:
Big ass custom built desk
24" Samsung monitor
Logitech Z506 5.1 surround
Turtle Beach X12
ZBoard
Razer Deathadder
Huge Roccat mousemat

PC Spec:
Intel i5 2500K @ 3.8ghz
Twin Nvidia 460GTX in SLi
8GB DDR3 Corsair
Casecom case (sexy as)
750W Antec PSU
Asus Mobo

The PC is a babe but I'll be receiving my Xbox One this friday so it'll take the back seat for a while. I'm getting back into console gaming with all my friends, we all decided to pick up the Xbox One and play on a singular console together. Makes life much easier for all of us and it's easier to do LAN parties that way!

Any power issues on a 750 watt PSU and SLI mate? 460s were preety power hungry on release iirc!

Im running an I7 4770k @4.7Ghz, x2 Corsair neutron Gtx in Raid0, Sabertooth Z87, lots of Ram, 7970 in CF playing eyefinity over x2 24" sides and one 27" main screen, custom cooled. Pretty pokey :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I used to do all this, spent around a grand doing a super quick one with all the options about 10 years back and way ahead of it's time, but they lose their value so quickly. Second project was to make an in car computer for my K10 which worked very well, but I don't have the time or money to chuck into doing nice computer builds these days

The important thing is how much can the PSU supply on the +12V rails, a 460 Gtx needs at least 24amps so the psu has to be able to deliver this. I have a second rig i5-760 @4ghz and a HD7950 on a corsair Hx450 capable of 33amps, gfx needs 24amps. Runs super. 460 sli will be about 42amps and needs about a 650w psu Minimum.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

As a current IT technician, I really can't be arsed with it all any more!

My work PC is considerably better than any home PC I've ever had:

Work PC
Intel Core i7-2600
16GB DDR3 RAM
GeForce GT 440
128GB Samsung 840 SSD
2.5TB HDD
Das Keyboard Model S Pro mechanical keyboard with Cherry MX Brown switches
Mad Catz RAT 5 gaming mouse
3 x Dell U2312HM monitors

Home PC (Don't even use any more!)
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
4GB DDR2 RAM
GeForce 9500 GT
500GB HDD
Standard Dell keyboard
Logitech MX 500 mouse

2500k @ 4.2ghz
Asus motherboard (some povo spec)
8 GB corsair blue DDR3
Fractal R3
Asus 560ti

Don't have the time to game at the moment, it's a great facebook/MSC machine though! Seems pointless for me to get a next generation console for me.

Epic Thread Revival (sorry)

I love building PC's, can't remember how many I've done, but my most recent is a CoolerMaster Storm Scout revamp:

nuYD4Uy.jpg

PCRa5Fk.jpg

JRwebZy.jpg

Painted matte black all around, new case feet, tinted side window, reworked front panel with integrated 3-channel fan controller, USB and key switch.

AMD Phenom II Quad Core @ 2.9GHz
12GB G-Skill DDR3 memory
ATI HD5770 - 1GB (with Arctic Cooling Accelero Twin Turbo cooler)
Gigabyte AM2+ motherboard
200GB and 1TB SATA hard drives enclosed in Scythe Himuro drive coolers.
Corsair H70 closed loop watercooler
Corsair AF140 front intake and roof exhaust fans.

Also did this one for a mate - Fractal Design 'The Fridge':

MOsF7iu.jpg

...And then there's the 'Cardboard Ghetto PC':

zw0j9Zr.jpg

bkl3akr.jpg

iDISgZI.jpg

I used this whilst working on the Storm Scout.

Building mine currently.

- AMD 8350 4.0GHz 8core AM3+
- Sabertooth 990FX R2.0
- MSI GTX770 2GB O/C (Hench!)
- 8GB 2133MHz DDR3
- PowerCool 850W modular PSU
- AeroCool Xpredator X1 case
- Corsair H80 water cooler
- 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD
- 1TB Samsung Eco HDD
- 2TB Toshiba HDD

Back