Pass Plus

johnsams

MICRAPOWER!
Club Member
i did it this wednesday all in one go , just really easy but a boring 6 hour drive but mostly on motorways.

it cost me £120
but i'm getting £60 back from somerset council by going to a free 2 hour "interactive workshop on attitudes and behaviour" which in my eyes has to be worth £60!

its supposed to drop insurance by 10%
so if you pay over £1000 a year like me, thats a good £40 savings on the 1st year then £100 saving every year after!

anyone else done it?

good insurance results?

I was going to but all the insurance companies which gave me decent quotes wouldnt give discount for pass plus.

I agree as above, either no discount or not worth it against the cost of the course.

But then again my insurance is only £500 for 2 people, Fully Comp with 0NCB

Yeah, i was looking at doing it, but called around for quotes first, most hardly knocked anything off, so just didn't justify paying out for the course!

heres a list of the insurers that are supposed to accept pass plus according to http://www.passplus.org.uk/insurers.asp

PASS PLUS Insurers

AA Insurance
Adrian Flux Insurance Services
RAC Direct Insurance
Churchill Insurance
CIS
Direct Line
Endsleigh
Norwich Union
Privilege
Provident
Royal and SunAlliance
Tesco Motor Insurers
Swinton
QUINN Direct Insurance Ltd
Zurich

i'm on quinn direct so thought i'd go for it XD

i knew which ones would discount for pass plus but 10% off a £2000 quote from some of them isnt really worth it!

yeah to be fair insurance all round is pretty much just a rip off!

who does everyone reckon is cheap for young drivers?

I went to do it and tesco dropped my insurance quote by £400. For the sake of 6 hours, that's a huge saving.

tesco offer 20% discount for having pass plus
pretty good

arnold, what are tescos like with the mods side of things?

They're not bad. Covered my super s kit, alloys, stereo, tints & exhaust system :)

Back