PAS or Manual

Hello. I just wanted to ask what peoples thoughts were on power steering?
I've heard a few people say that they're not fans of PAS on K11's and I wanted to ask why that is.
I'm considering fitting a PAS rack etc to my no PAS Micra but thought I'd ask you all if you have it.. don't have it... want it... want to change it... and why for all the above.
Thanks
Daniel

Hello. I just wanted to ask what peoples thoughts were on power steering?
I've heard a few people say that they're not fans of PAS on K11's and I wanted to ask why that is.
I'm considering fitting a PAS rack etc to my no PAS Micra but thought I'd ask you all if you have it.. don't have it... want it... want to change it... and why for all the above.
Thanks
Daniel
I thought that Micra had PAS, you bought?
My first K11 (went to scrap last June), that was a non PAS model, so can compare the 2 models to the PAS version, I have now.
The non PAS K11 really spritely, as no drag on the drivetrain from the pump, it was certainly quicker than my PAS version, better MPG and the feedback from the steering rack more precise and fun. I used to pump my tyres on up on my non PAS model to 34/35 psi, it helped, though once you got the wheels turning it was ok.

I do like the PAS on my current one, it makes parking much easier and helps my elbows! I have to say though can feel the drag of the pump and I can't throw it into corners like my non PAS K11.

OP
OP
Supernube
I thought that Micra had PAS, you bought?
My first K11 (went to scrap last June), that was a non PAS model, so can compare the 2 models to the PAS version, I have now.
The non PAS K11 really spritely, as no drag on the drivetrain from the pump, it was certainly quicker than my PAS version, better MPG and the feedback from the steering rack more precise and fun. I used to pump my tyres on up on my non PAS model to 34/35 psi, it helped, though once you got the wheels turning it was ok.

I do like the PAS on my current one, it makes parking much easier and helps my elbows! I have to say though can feel the drag of the pump and I can't throw it into corners like my non PAS K11.
OK thanks... I didn't even think about the effect on performance.
And no there's no PAS on the one I just got... not a huge issue... would be nice to be able to park easier that's all... I'm used to driving with my palm if you know what I mean...especially parking.
And that debt is a lot worse in person... but hey ho... I'll get it sorted.
Thanks

OK thanks... I didn't even think about the effect on performance.
And no there's no PAS on the one I just got... not a huge issue... would be nice to be able to park easier that's all... I'm used to driving with my palm if you know what I mean...especially parking.
And that debt is a lot worse in person... but hey ho... I'll get it sorted.
Thanks
Yeah, the non PAS ones much faster. Though, I gather not too difficult to fit, just require the parts.
You can get good results from dent pullers, though in these instances the mechanicals (the low mileage), is what it is all about, so you got a nice buy there IMHO.

OP
OP
Supernube
Yeah, the non PAS ones much faster. Though, I gather not too difficult to fit, just require the parts.
You can get good results from dent pullers, though in these instances the mechanicals (the low mileage), is what it is all about, so you got a nice buy there IMHO.
Thank you... I'm more than happy with my first Micra... I'll just be proper happy when those dents are gone... might get it done properly if I can get a price that I can forget about over time ?