PAS fluid leak

On this new K11 - which is still off-road - I noticed a leak on the pipe junction between the flexible hose and the pump for the power steering fluid. It doesn't look a major one, but under pressure it obviously has been sprinkling fluid onto the pulley and spraying it over that end of the engine to some extent. I noticed that the clip on the hose is a crimp-on one whereas the two on the fluid reservoir are wire sort-of jubilee clips.
I suspect that either the hose need replacing (but it is generally clean except at that end) or more likely it is just the junction and perhaps taking off the clip and hose and cleaning the metal pipe at the junction then re-locating the hose and with a new jubilee clip it might be fine.
Does that seem reasonable ?
But, how does one remove that sort of clip without damaging the hose ? And it's not that accessible down the back of the engine.
And noticing the other thread about adding PAS - personally I'd be quite happy to do without it. The previous K11 I had did not have PAS and I felt it was very easy and, oops, I actually thought that it did have PAS because it was so easy on the steering, that is until I looked under the bonnet...

Nobody ?

The leak is just above the pump :
pasleak-0953.JPG

and the clip is - this is actually on the hose that leads to the cooler

clip-0957.JPG

It doesn't seem to be a simple crimp, almost a clip type and I'm a bit reluctant to remove it until I've got a replacement (and some more fluid) ready but I suspect that gripping the ends and tightening it may unclip it

One other thing that I did notice is that there seem any number of 'stop leak' Fluid additives - are they any good ?

Last edited:
if it is from the rubber pipe cut it back 1cm and do as superuno says.
wouldnt trust additives,maybe only the slick50 one as i used it 2 years

Back