Parts Similarities. K10 Micra / Nissan BE-1

Just imported my first car the other day. I was excited, it was a long process, but it finally landed. I went to the yard to retrieve it only to notice it had a BLOWN HEADGASKET! I was pretty mad.

There are some other issues with it, like the strut tower tops, some rear control arm bushings, and rear drum shoes.

I was just wondering if there is any similarities between parts of the K10 Micra and the BE-1.

I live in Canada and we received the K10 here when it was new, however, we only were offered the MA12s, but my BE-1 has a MA10s. I was wondering if the two motors used the same headgasket?

I was also wondering if they share the same struts, control arms and brakes? I'd like to repair this car quickly and get it on the road. It will not be legal for registration until I do so.

Thank you for your time! Any part numbers, or even factory diagrams would be extremely helpful.

~DiscoQuinn

aLLeKs

Club Member (Trial)
The parts should fit (I will not guarantee this, but 99% sure it will fit) but the headgaskets of a MA10 and MA12 are different, you cant take the MA12 gasket, but I don't recommend this.
It has a larger bore (like the cylinders) so it will have 1,5mm space around every cylinder (MA10 bore: 68mm, MA12 bore: 71 mm)

Greatly appreciate the response. If anyone has any part numbers or microfiches/diagrams that would be great. I usually work on older Toyotas and have a website that provides all the part numbers for each car.

porkpie700

Buy & Sell Member
Online nissan parts catalouge;
http://nissan4u.com/parts/micra/

Essentially all diferences between the k10 and the be-1, pao & figaro are cosmetic. The running gear is the same, electronics, suspention, brakes, engines, heck even the heaters are the same.
You should be able to obtain 1.0L head gaskets over there but they would probably be a dealership only part and may have to be ordered in, which could take up to a week.
There's nothing to stop you from swapping the 1.0L engine for a more readily available 1.2, providing that your be-1 isn't turbo charged. If it is then i'm fairly sure it would need to be re-tuned for that set-up.
But other than that you should be able to get any mechanical or electrical part you want without any trouble.

The car is MA10s, carbed, and our local micra's are MA12s carbed. Is there any major differences that would stop me from just swapping it directly in?

Thank you so much for the link Porkpie, that is exactly what I was looking for!

porkpie700

Buy & Sell Member
The carbs are jetted differently, but the 1.0L carb can be used on the 1.2, it's not ideal (i had to use my 1.0L carb for about 4 months when i swapped my 1.0L for a 1.2L). The 1.2 carb is best if you can get one, using the 1L carb on a 1.2 takes the edge off of the pick-up, you know, just dulls it down a little.

aLLeKs

Club Member (Trial)
The carbs are jetted differently, but the 1.0L carb can be used on the 1.2, it's not ideal (i had to use my 1.0L carb for about 4 months when i swapped my 1.0L for a 1.2L). The 1.2 carb is best if you can get one, using the 1L carb on a 1.2 takes the edge off of the pick-up, you know, just dulls it down a little.
The 1.0 carb has even bigger jets then the 1.2 carb. Don't ask me why :D but it is true

Shocks, Strut Tops, controls arms.

Is there any other vehicles that share these parts, and/or are easily converted? I've spent some time on the phone calling junkyards and parts stores only to find that the few micra parts that are around are very expensive. EF/EG/EK civics are plenty here, and I could just throw some coilovers in from a civic if they arn't a distant fit.

My strut tops rattle, but I'm not sure if they are a bearing or not.

porkpie700

Buy & Sell Member
It might be cheaper to go for new aftermarket parts like monroe's or kyb's. With regards to other cars; it depends on what models were sold over there, and whether they were given different names to the uk models. Certain Nissan Cherry parts will fit. New parts aren't much cheaper over here, it just a case of; if you're really into your car then you gotta splash out once in a while.