Parts identification

paradox_

Site Supporter
Hey everyone I am pretty new to cars in general so please bare my ignorance for a minute.

So I saw these parts labeled as an alternator, a (1) carb and a fuel pump from a 1993 micra. As far as I have researched 1993 micras are k11s not k10s and had a fuel injection system and not a carb? This is in Canada if that matters.

Also it looks like there are two carbs?

All I am really wondering about is if these parts will fit my 1990 k10 1.2L and if they look to be in semi-decent shape. (they want $20 (~8 pounds) for the lot)

carbalternatorfuelpump.jpg

I pulled the picture from an online classified. Could probably get more pictures from the person listing them if needed.

OP
OP
P

paradox_

Site Supporter
Thanks again mckenziecz. Would hate to get the parts just to find out they won't work with my engine.

So according to wikipedia "In Canada, the K10-J was sold and branded as the Nissan Micra. It came standard with the larger MA12S inline 4 cylinder OHC 1.2 L (1235 cc) engine. The Nissan Micra was finally discontinued in Canada in 1991."

I wonder if the parts were ordered from overseas and then they realized they won't fit any Micras over here so that's why they're selling them so cheap. Or possibly they don't know the year of car they were taken off of or...

OP
OP
P

paradox_

Site Supporter
Sent in a request for better quality images of each part. Hopefully I'll be able to post them sometime in the near future...

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
Definately K10 parts. remember taking them off then on then off then on again. lol
McK would remember this too lol
Looks like one carb is EGR and the other isn't?

OP
OP
P

paradox_

Site Supporter
Here are some more pictures of the carb.

Attachments

• MICRA CARB 1.JPG
    MICRA CARB 1.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 357
  • MICRA CARB 2.JPG
    MICRA CARB 2.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 320
  • MICRA CARB 3.JPG
    MICRA CARB 3.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 399
  • MICRA CARB 4.JPG
    MICRA CARB 4.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 397
  • MIRCA CARB 5.JPG
    MIRCA CARB 5.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 325
from what I remember this looks like EGR carburetor. does anybody else think that? check if yours have same amount of wires on the connectors

OP
OP
P

paradox_

Site Supporter
Yeah the connectors on mine look the same - same number of wires and colour of wires.

Is that the only difference that matters between the EGR carb and the other one?