Part number sec440

Hi All, This part number belongs to the brake dust covers (which are fitted to strut that holds the wheel in place just behind the disc ) & I cannot find them on ebay. My own which were on the car car until I had my brakes discs & pads replaced at the MOT station. Does anyone know where I can get a pair ? I have contacted the garage but they have thrown them away. Would I need them to past the next MOT & without them what would happen when I drive on to a muddy field which I'm likely to do sometime this year, work related.

Peter0003

Last edited:

SuperUno

Buy & Sell Member
No need for them, it won’t be a MOT fail either. It reduces chances of brake fade as the brakes will cool better.

SuperUno

Buy & Sell Member
No need for them, it won’t be a MOT fail either. It reduces chances of brake fade as the brakes will cool better.
Referring to your muddy field part, I removed them on our rally car and this spends half its life in muddy conditions so it won’t be an issue.

OP
OP
Peter0003
Hi SuperUno, The only question I have for you without the dust sheilds how long will the cv joint rubber boots last without any extra protection ?

SuperUno

Buy & Sell Member
Hi SuperUno, The only question I have for you without the dust sheilds how long will the cv joint rubber boots last without any extra protection ?
Never caused an issue, even with the heat from our brakes which will often make the discs glow red hot.