parking sensors not working - help

andy_con

Club Member (Trial)
parking sensors are not working, where is a good place to start to find the problem?

is there a dedicated fuse for them?

Check all the fuses incase they go thru another circuit.
Also check your reverse light is working, sometimes the switch goes so the sensors dont know you are reversing

I'd personally start with the reverse switch.

I've opened my window twice THIS WEEK to tell someone reversing onto the kerb they have no reverse light.

where is the reversing switch located?

See the attached image - the switch is attached to the gearbox, you'll get an idea of exactly where from the exploded diagram.

If you have access to the service manual (FROM HERE) you want section MT page 11.

Attachments

• gearboxcasecomponents.jpg
    gearboxcasecomponents.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 4,927
See the attached image - the switch is attached to the gearbox, you'll get an idea of exactly where from the exploded diagram.

If you have access to the service manual (FROM HERE) you want section MT page 11.

at least one person stayed on topic ;)

if the reversing light comes one but parking sensors dont is it still going to be this switch?

at least one person stayed on topic ;)

if the reversing light comes one but parking sensors dont is it still going to be this switch?

Same person :p

I'm not 100% on how parking sensors work, but something has to switch them on, and logic suggests to me it would be the same switch that turns the light on.

why is it that in this manual you link to there isnt a single bit of information on parking sensors? gone through every single pdf using the search function and nothing

Are you sure they're factory fit?

If not then they probably use a fuse that was sitting spare, or use another circuit, so you need to check all your fuses. Could even be as simple as a loose connection behind the bumper.

yes factory fitted.

all fuses checked that i could find, so fuse box in the drivers foot well and fuse box on the right hand side at the front of the engine bay

looks like ill have to take the bumper off then, fun!

hahaha fail...

mine or should i say the wifes does. so do we know where to get any info on parking sensors? wiring drawings or something

Back