Parking and Speedo Lights Not Working.

Auzzam

Buy & Sell Member
Hi,

i was driving the car home the other evening when all of a sudden the lights on the speedo went out and so did the parking lights and tail lights, i had to drive home the rest of the way with my rear fog light and headlights. i've noticed that even the BEEEPY noise (when the lights left on and you open the door) has also stopped working.

i have checked the TAIL fuse in the engine bay and all seems to be fine. i even checked the internal fuses (next to steering wheel) and i realised the electronic parts fuse had blown (i think a 7.5 one), but i changed it and theres still no luck , maybe the lights werent related to that particular fuse.

so here i am , hoping someone out there has the magic answer lol because right now i cant drive at night as i cant see what speed im doing :).

i have had a similar problem with my k10 and i changed all the fuses and the culprit was a fuse that had the smallest hairline crack! took me a little while but its sorted so try replacing all the related fuses if possible.
Good Luck!

That reminds me of the fault I had on an ancient Nissan Sunny I had in Kenya a couple of years ago. The rear lights and dash lights didn't work, neither did the sidelights I think. Only standard and high beam did. The brake lights were OK and I don't think a fog light was fitted.

Had it looked at and they got it working for a bit, then a few days later it went again accompanied by smoke from behind the dash!! Think it was a short caused by dodgy wiring behind the radio (which was wired to the single speaker in the passenger foot well!) Didn't bother fixing it again and by the time I'd finished with it gear 4 and reverse didn't work - kept jumping out, then the LH drive shaft seized halfway up a hill whilst being driven back to its owner :D

There was no tread on the tyres either, in fact the metal reinforcement was showing through, and extra inner tubes were used to help prevent punctures :D

All good fun!

BG

That reminds me of the fault I had on an ancient Nissan Sunny I had in Kenya a couple of years ago. The rear lights and dash lights didn't work, neither did the sidelights I think. Only standard and high beam did. The brake lights were OK and I don't think a fog light was fitted.

Had it looked at and they got it working for a bit, then a few days later it went again accompanied by smoke from behind the dash!! Think it was a short caused by dodgy wiring behind the radio (which was wired to the single speaker in the passenger foot well!) Didn't bother fixing it again and by the time I'd finished with it gear 4 and reverse didn't work - kept jumping out, then the LH drive shaft seized halfway up a hill whilst being driven back to its owner :D

There was no tread on the tyres either, in fact the metal reinforcement was showing through, and extra inner tubes were used to help prevent punctures :D

All good fun!

BG

So It Was A Good Drive Then? :grinning:

i have had a similar problem with my k10 and i changed all the fuses and the culprit was a fuse that had the smallest hairline crack! took me a little while but its sorted so try replacing all the related fuses if possible.
Good Luck!

thanks mate, i double checked the TAIL fuse again and found a harline crack, swapped it and hey presto it worked.

Back