Parcel Shelf Speakers Bass Rattle? HOW TO FIX!! Dynamat???

Hi people,

Recently managed to get one of them parcel shelfs with the nissan 6x9s for free!

However, when there is a lot of bass, the speakers rattle quite a lot. I figured it was something inside one of the speakers and so opened them up, cleaned them up and surely found a loose plastic piece and removed it.

Problem is still there although a bit quieter.

A bit of research showed that it is just resonance of the parcel shelf and other things surrounding the boot.

Anyone else had same issue and how did you fix it? Ideally I am looking for a smart and cheap way to sort this issue out. I would like to see some pics of peoples set ups, I've looked into dynamat (sound deadening insulation stuff) but seems very expensive and anyone tried it? Does dynamat work?

I'm partially deaf so it doesn't feel as loud to me but can still hear the rattle lol, must be the different frequencies of what I can hear. Any ideas for a solution?

I'd guess the best way would be a sheet of ply cut to the right shape then either screw it direct to the trims either side or fit some kind of foam between the ply and trim

The rattle is caused by the parcel shelf itself . Check the sides of it...it should have some rubber glued.. mine were missing so i've put some thick felt so the boot presses on it and keeps it and it won't rattle as felt is like a cushion. I hope i have explained it alright.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Micra Sports Club mobile app

The rattle is caused by the parcel shelf itself . Check the sides of it...it should have some rubber glued.. mine were missing so i've put some thick felt so the boot presses on it and keeps it and it won't rattle as felt is like a cushion. I hope i have explained it alright.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Hi,

At first I realised that one of the speaker cones was torn all the way around from its base (got a second hand parcel shelf from eBay :( ), then disconnected that speaker and with just the other one on, and the rattle was still there, confirming it isn't the speakers. Thank you for your help, I'm thinking of getting some towel like material and wrapping it around the parcel shelf on either side on top of the parcel shelf supports to stop this annoying rattle!

Hi,

At first I realised that one of the speaker cones was torn all the way around from its base (got a second hand parcel shelf from eBay :( ), then disconnected that speaker and with just the other one on, and the rattle was still there, confirming it isn't the speakers. Thank you for your help, I'm thinking of getting some towel like material and wrapping it around the parcel shelf on either side on top of the parcel shelf supports to stop this annoying rattle!
Are you sure the rattle is coming from the shelf? I've dynamatted my Micra and where there seemed to be a slight rattle coming from the front door area it was no more after I had dynamatted behind the door cards (and inside the boot to be fair.) Yes it is pricey for sure but deals with a good amount of the reverbs (if not all) and does give an effect of slightly richer sounding bass to boot.

Are you sure the rattle is coming from the shelf? I've dynamatted my Micra and where there seemed to be a slight rattle coming from the front door area it was no more after I had dynamatted behind the door cards (and inside the boot to be fair.) Yes it is pricey for sure but deals with a good amount of the reverbs (if not all) and does give an effect of slightly richer sounding bass to boot.

Hi,

Yeah turns out both speakers were 'blown'! Managed to superglue the paper cones carefully to the base of the speakers and sound is great now, no rattle whatsoever! So ill probably just stick with this for now as I am quite short for money currently.