painting alloys (deja vu??)

get an alloy re-con centre to do it because it's too complicated and will look crap.

you will need to remove the tyre and sand blast the laqure off. then apply a strong primer (silicone based i think) and then buy your colour paint form halfrauds (which probably won't match) and spray the wheels and put a whether proof laqure over the top, then put the tyre back on......

i want mine black and i was quoted 400 for all wheels to be given a powder coat (top of the line) and re-con the alloys to get rid of the scratches but i don't have the money and the place is about 130 miles away so i'd have a car with no wheels for a while o_O

cellulose primer matey :D

and it aint that bad as long as u prepare it well.

sand it back variably, get a good base of primer on. and good layers of paint, then some nice schmooth runing of laquer you would be fine :D

cellulose that's the one :)

i suppose it depends on what shape your alloys are, because mine have little grooves down the middle which would be hard to get sand paper into, hence the sand blasting which you can't really do with the tyres on....

best to take tyres off yes.

and if you have a compressor you can actually get a sandblaster :D. for those LITTLe nooks and cranies

i saw a compreser, air brush and sand blaster for £120 in hellfrauds but i bet it would probably fall apart hehe

hmmmm, perhaps i'll leave them then :blush: for £400 you could probably sell your existing alloys and buy some black ones :D and i won't attempt myself as the spokes are pretty intricate and i'd end up making a mess!

that's a bargin! i can't find anywhere that will do my rims.... but then i'm starting to like the silver hehe

Back