Paid for MP3 downloads

Does anyone use a paid for MP3 download service? If so, which one, how much, and is it any good?
I was thinking of using Napster, but I don't like that fact that you can't listen to the songs anymore if you're no longer subscribed to Napster.

wilsonian

Ex. Club Member
just heard on the news an MP3 site is being taken down due to being illegal.

Basiclly they charged customer for the service so u think it's legit. only they were keeping the money and not buying the tracks legally from the record companies - LOL

can't remember the name though :S

Ian

Ex. Club Member
WOW!? Thats STUIPIDLY cheap. How does it work? Are they full MP3's? So i dont need to go into soundforge or something and re-record them?

James

Chairman
Yes they're full MP3s, in whatever quality you like (including lossless formats!):

mp3.jpg

ogg.jpg

wma.jpg

aac.jpg

mpc.jpg

lossless.jpg

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Thread moved!

Ive used mycokemusic before but they are a little pricey in comparison to other companies, and they had licence issues which meant i couldnt move them to another computer etc! (got round that tho).

The software they provide is pretty crummy too. I wont be using them again

James

Chairman
MyCokeMusic is just run by od2, same as MSN Music and countless others, very restrictive WMA licenses on them. I hate DRM, it annoys me! lol

Arnold said:
Thread moved!

Ive used mycokemusic before but they are a little pricey in comparison to other companies, and they had licence issues which meant i couldnt move them to another computer etc! (got round that tho).

The software they provide is pretty crummy too. I wont be using them again

I used it when you could get free downloads from Coke ringpulls. :down:

Does that Russian one accept Paypal?

James

Chairman
They used to, but they removed it due to the mad surcharges PayPal charge probably. They currently use ChronoPay (Visa and Mastercard cards).

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
James said:
MyCokeMusic is just run by od2, same as MSN Music and countless others, very restrictive WMA licenses on them. I hate DRM, it annoys me! lol

me too mate, when you pay to download music legally, you expect to be able to do what you want with it! burn it to CD etc, not have it stuck on one computer.