p0303 fault code

Hi i Have an engine light on,ive bought a code reader and diagnosed the above,so need some advice where to start,

the fault is cylinder 3 misfire.

new plugs ?.
swap colis around?
new coil pack itself?.

car starts and runs ,so is this a common fault,engine done about 8500 miles.Looking at the engine left to right I gather no 3 is 3rd from left,ive a manual on order but hasnt turned up yet.

any help or pointers thanks murf.

cheers frank,ive a set of plugs,was going to start there,havent thought as far as injectors yet,is it a common fault,cheers mate be in touch.cheers murf.

Unlikely to be the plugs. As frank says, first thing to do is swap number 3 coil pack with a different one eg coil 4 and see it changes to P0304. If it doesn't, IMVHO, you could be looking at injector. A plug would have to be really totalled to cause a misfire :).

Frank,guy swapped coils over this morning,did the re diagnostic check with code reader,same code,as for next step,injector,are they easy to replace and do they cost alot,got a price of a coil ,86.00 from local auto factors,any help cheers guys murf.

Did you go for a drive before you re-read the codes? The injector I bought from Nissam was £108 :confused: but a scrappy would be a better bet :).

Back