over filled oil

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
over filled the oil (woops) drove around 50 miles--waited till next day then drained out exxess oil
is their anything ishould check or clean? as i havent a air filter in place
COULD ANY BUDS FILL ME IN ON WHAT UM LOOKING AT apart from lookin a tart for over thrilling the hoil
MICRA BIGUPS

How much extra did you put in?
A little (Half a litre or so) probably won't do any damage.
If its over that, as Mr. Seadog suggests, take the plugs out and clean them up then take the car for a good run (Motorway speeds) to burn off any oil that may have found its way into the exhaust.

oil on the plugs? Unless he filled it upto the filler cap, or the piston rings are absolutley shagged then I dont see it getting on the spark plugs. If hes overfilled it, the 1st place it will come out of is the crankcase breather.

oil on the plugs? Unless he filled it upto the filler cap, or the piston rings are absolutley shagged then I dont see it getting on the spark plugs. If hes overfilled it, the 1st place it will come out of is the crankcase breather.

which will fire indirectly into the inlet manifold and into the engine and onto the plugs

Thats right, Superls!

Besides, if the breathers were filled up with oil, they are designed to drain oil back into the sump (thats why certain types are referred to as 'oil seperators') So when the level was corrected any excess would drain back into the sump.

Burning oil will foul up the plugs so they will have to be cleaned. Taking it for a run should draw through any excess oil in the breathers or inlet manifold and burn it off.

over filled the oil (woops) drove around 50 miles--waited till next day then drained out exxess oil
is their anything ishould check or clean? As i havent a air filter in place
could any buds fill me in on what um looking at apart from lookin a tart for over thrilling the hoil
micra bigups

thanks all

what about that one that comes off the top of the rocker cover and goes straight into the inlet manifold via that non return valve right at the back, PCV?? Positive Crankcase Vent???

The PCV uses inlet vacuum to create airflow through the crankcase to stop condensation in the crankcase. The valve on the inlet manifold regulates the amount of air being sucked from the crankcase via the laft hand pipe on the rocker cover. The pipe on the right hand side of the rocker cover allows clean air to enter the crankcase from the air filter housing (after the filter). Imagine it like a circuit with all the air flowing one direction.

Back