over 18s forum. - not happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raceworx

IM BRINGING SEXY BACK
carnt we have an over 18 free thinkers fourm section created so things like this can be discussed? we are a comunity so sure we all like micras but we all have different veiws and whilst some might be abit crap others can be learnt from... i think a discusion like this is good alright people will make themselves out to be ignorant racist fools but thats up to them like wise others will show themselves to be nieve tree hugging left wing nancies but without discusion we cannot change...

gam1984 said:
I'm confused as to why my last post on this thread seems to have been removed.....fwn

Anyway, my point was that I was surprised at how little security there was at Birmingham international airport at late on as Wednesday morning. Seems strange that MI5 must have known about this for weeks and the day before people are arrested I see an international airport with no police inside it at all apparently.

I'm interested to know how travelling goes on Friday anyway Arnold. Hopefully you'll get there ok.

They could have been behind the scenes. Just think how people would think/react if they went to an airport swarming with police?

Based on the Muslim comments... I have several friends from school and college that are Muslims, you cannot comment on a race based on their colour OR culture. That is downright steriotypical. How would you like it if you were being harrased by people because of being a different colour or different religion. These people I know are respectable people that are in uni, or in professional jobs, and wouldnt do anything of the sort. think about it before you decide to comment on subjects like this.

Raceworx said:
carnt we have an over 18 free thinkers fourm section created so things like this can be discussed? we are a comunity so sure we all like micras but we all have different veiws and whilst some might be abit crap others can be learnt from... i think a discusion like this is good alright people will make themselves out to be ignorant racist fools but thats up to them like wise others will show themselves to be nieve tree hugging left wing nancies but without discusion we cannot change...

that is a damn good idea ian would stop a lot of editing warnings and bannings

m1ck97 said:
Based on the Muslim comments... I have several friends from school and college that are Muslims, you cannot comment on a race based on their colour OR culture. That is downright steriotypical. How would you like it if you were being harrased by people because of being a different colour or different religion. These people I know are respectable people that are in uni, or in professional jobs, and wouldnt do anything of the sort. think about it before you decide to comment on subjects like this.

you are correct there.. if we go about steriotyping then most peodpophiles are middle aged white men.. so we can call muslims terroists but they can call us all wierdos who touch kids up.. i for one am not into that kind of thing and would be offended by that! as im sure alot of other on here would be...

Raceworx said:

Thats a great idea, somewhere to discuss out views and give people a chance to actually see others views, Dusk, Ricardo and Ricky may come across as simply racist but because they get in trouble for posting it people only see a small bit but given a chance they would explain they're point of view, a section where people can question that view would at least give them a chance to defend themselves.

If we got a section like that people would at least know all views are the posters and not of MSC, racial slander would still not be tolerated.

Contraversal topics have to be discussed and with the worlds current religious, polictical and economic events they will and need to be discussed.

Well if there's a section that is for those kind of topics as Ian suggested, then people who don't want to be involved won't enter the forum.

most other fourms are closed one sided comunitys.. i dont want to know about there veiws i want a chance to see what my fellow comunity members think and belive.. i dont want anyone to be offended but the fact is in life it happens hell people call me things just because of the car i drive.. simply because they do not understand why or what i am about... i dont want to give anyone a soapbox from which they can spew there hatred that canot be tolerated but a discusion on why we belive groups of poeple act in this way ect can only be of benifit..

I know we're off topic but Ian's idea is one of best in ages!
Members who wish to join could have to set access in their profile or agree to a disclaimer etc.
I would love to hear the views of the MSC community.

I'm happy to help out in anyway if it saves people getting banned for a view that MAY offend someone.

Alienfish360 said:
Well if there's a section that is for those kind of topics as Ian suggested, then people who don't want to be involved won't enter the forum.

I guess

this however isnt my decision

Who's is it?
I think it's at least worth a trial, I believe all the members on MSC are mature enough to have a serious discussion without it turning into a personal slander match and if it did it would be dealt with as normal.
I truely believe it would save a lot of trouble for the admin and bannings!

all i want is to stop people getting banned... with the world as it is more things like this are going to be appearing and we could loose alot of members to silly discusions (i was going to say arguments but there hasnt been one) this thread sould be chopped moved and forgot about. the people who wish to discus the reasons behind such attacks can do and the poeple who are only botherd about not being able to take there I-pods on board to spain can comment.

arnold i see your point they are many places for this kind of discussion, but the msc in itself has become abit of a community. people have views about stuff not about cars and share them. tbh this thread was a good read lol some intresting points. i agree some of it to some people may have been "contraversial" but i really do think ians ideas a good one... people who get offended easily should simply just not go onto that section of the forum. nice n simple.

so yeah we could sign upto other forums but then only say 20% of the msc will be actually there.. if you see my point.

but i have to say i went thru a few pairs of underwear laughing at some of your posts... keep up the good work ;)

Its not going to happen and simply becasue I said so. The MSC was non political when I started this 9 years ago thats the way it will stay, before you start moaning that Kev is the club chariman not me. I still hold all the rights to how the MSC name is used, and I can tell you now this is not one of them.

If you want to talk about your views, then go elsewhere. The internet has something like 11,000,000 website I'm sure you'll fine some. There point that if people may be offended by a comment in a forum then dont read it is nonsense. Simply the MSC will not hold this kind of content that may cause offence. It serves nothing more than to provoke and wind people up.

End off.

Ed said:
Its not going to happen and simply becasue I said so. The MSC was non political when I started this 9 years ago thats the way it will stay, before you start moaning that Kev is the club chariman not me. I still hold all the rights to how the MSC name is used, and I can tell you now this is not one of them.

If you want to talk about your views, then go elsewhere. The internet has something like 11,000,000 website I'm sure you'll fine some. There point that if people may be offended by a comment in a forum then dont read it is nonsense. Simply the MSC will not hold this kind of content that may cause offence. It serves nothing more than to provoke and wind people up.

End off.

Although I feel the others have made some good comments, I do agree with you here Ed!

This place is just not here for issues of this manner, yes we do have a non-car chat page but this is mainly for silly stuff. This is designed as a car chat forum!

Well said there, my way or highway, I like it

If thats the way, can't argue, simply STOP threads that have political points, I knew the Airport thread would kick off but it weren't stopped as a preventative measure.

I'll do my part and report any thread that has potention to involve political views.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back