Original Micra Radio 1985/86

Hey guys... Just wondering. I've got two pioneer speakers fitted into the rear of my k10 and need to know if I can stick the two extra wires into the original single speaker wire. They've both got two single White wires per speaker and not one of them identifies positive or negative. Is it like speakers in a stereo system that doesn't matter? If so, how do the wires come out of the original iso connector as in my old maestro you could switch them around.

The original mw/lw radio gives a lovely nostalgic sound. It's quite pleasant!!

Stu

You should have two sets of wires back there, even though the base model only came with one speaker fitted the radio still puts out signal for a 2nd speaker all you need to do is add the two wires for it into the plug and run em to your speaker. I did this when i fitted two door speakers and used it with no probs up untill i got my deck.

All modern cars have constant lives, that's how the radio remembers it's stations, thats how the interior light comes on, why the lights turn on without the ignition being on, and many other things besides.
The radio in the k10 shares it's constant live with the interior light, so remove the fuse marked "radio" from the fuse box and the interior light will also stop working.

Is the wire for the Perm Live already in there somewhere though?

All modern cars have constant lives, that's how the radio remembers it's stations...
The radio in the k10 shares it's constant live with the interior light...

Since that particular constant live IS IN USE, it's a safe bet that IT IS there. Check section 14 of the Haynes book to see what colour is used for the constant live on your particular model.

Well, there was no peramant live after inspection by my good friend (Who's got all these A-Levels in Electronics)... I'd be lost without him. So, after some "umming" and "ahhing" over the haynes manual and several cups of tea and cigarettes, we got it sorted. There's now a Sony CD700CDX or something in there, working and functional.

I've used the standard connection for the Switched Live and Earth, used existing wiring for the speakers which is pretty poor, but functional, and run a new wire from the White Wire on the ignition barrell for the permanant live. Took about 40 minutes all in, and was well worth it.

However, it is worth noting that the Haynes Manual shows three or four different wiring diagrams for the ignition circuit. It seems really important that you find the right one as there are five wires on the Ign Switch and they're all in different places dependant on year!

Oh, and PorkPie700, my car has no fuse for the interior light. The only thing that's permanant live that I could use was the horn, however, that caused the horn to start and refuse to stop. So, I avoided that idea! Hehe.

Back