• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Optispart Ford Focus Blog

Optispart

Ex. Club Member
Optispart's Ford Focus BLOG!

Well here is my new blog for my new car Ford Focus 1.6LX, still got the micra atm, need it sold tbh :p

well i bought the car for £200, V reg(2000) 80,000 BARGAIN and it cost me £90 to MOT in the form of a new horn and new reg plates, there are a few dents, which is my first port of call. I have a few plans for this car so far, ill keep the blog updated. Cheers for looking!

Couple of pics of the car.

DSC00466.jpg

DSC00467.jpg

DSC00468.jpg

I began work on gettin the major dent out of the rear, ill post pictures up of my progress so far.

pjg1979

THIS IS MY BOOMSTICK!
Very nice, my other half has a 2.0 Ghia focus, cost a bit more, but it only has 14" Alloys I assume those ones are 15" aren't they?

Liking the colour, be interesting what you do to it, I'm not allowed to touch her's as it's the baby mobile, lol.

OP
OP
Optispart

Optispart

Ex. Club Member
small update finished filling the major dent and scratch been primed and first couple of coats have been applied still a bit too go until its a good finish, ill post up pics of the filling progress then paint cheers guys.

OP
OP
Optispart

Optispart

Ex. Club Member
just began buying mod stuff, I have bought one of those ecotek valves, look good once it arrives ill fit and post up pictures/ results

OP
OP
Optispart

Optispart

Ex. Club Member
erm ive decided it gonna be my longterm car, i love it a lot!

Hre some pics finally!

DSC00474.jpg

Filling the dent

DSC00475.jpg

Another
DSC00476.jpg

It took some time to get t this point.

DSC00477.jpg

Primer started

DSC00477.jpg

Again

DSC00479.jpg

And more..

DSC00480.jpg

Primed and ready!!

DSC00481.jpg

Ok the base coat is now on ill get some pics, before people say the whole panel will be getting sprayed.

comments welcome guys! :D

OP
OP
Optispart

Optispart

Ex. Club Member
dunno modded it came when i bought it im gettin rid and getting an ashley one or something its terrible that one thats on lol

OP
OP
Optispart

Optispart

Ex. Club Member
Finally bought a new standard alloy for the car so now i wont have one odd steelie lol,
I really like the standard alloys so there for keeps, ATM anyway :)
Anybody have any suggestions on mods lol i just want to compare ideas and stuff,

Pictures to follow of the wheel, and the fitment of that EcoTEK valve
cheers guys!

wgc_daz

unlucky-racing.com
badgeless grill? paint up the filler?

primer sorry...i know what i ment :)

colour code bumpstrips and bumper bottoms...sounds like my micra advice :)

OP
OP
Optispart

Optispart

Ex. Club Member
cheers guys some of these ill do definatley try spraying that silver bit, the primer has base coat on now, time to have the panels sprayed and stuff.
cheers for the ideas

pjg1979

THIS IS MY BOOMSTICK!
Any news on this blog? Have you painted the primered part yet? Also found out our lasses cousin now has a Ford Focus not bad looking either.

3743803792_6de74896fe.jpg

3743010633_3148d0c82b.jpg

I don't think it's that bad, better than our 2.0 Ghia.

OP
OP
Optispart

Optispart

Ex. Club Member
ive been focusing on getting the car running in tip top condition which it now is!
its taken new HT leads, Coil pack, battery, good service, new rear bearings, new disks and pads, new thermostat!

PHEW! now on the way Dual exhaust, more paint new seats wind deflector under bonnet and new steering wheel (all standard stuff) except exhaust! OH and new front bumper so i can spray myself and some skirts that im going to begin painting! ill post a load of pics up

cheers guys!

Any news on this blog? Have you painted the primered part yet? Also found out our lasses cousin now has a Ford Focus not bad looking either.

3743803792_6de74896fe.jpg

3743010633_3148d0c82b.jpg

I don't think it's that bad, better than our 2.0 Ghia.

Like that car excet the exhaust is a little OTT! im sure that cars been on FFOC! ill have a scan!

pjg1979

THIS IS MY BOOMSTICK!