Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not fussed really

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
I have an idea that I want to run by you first.

Should we open the JAE stand to non members to fill the 12 spaces left at JAE?

Personally I think it should be your choice as official members, this would only happen in the situation that we find ourselves in now. I also don't think for one minute that the 18 cars will actually make it to JAE, there are always problems and drop out's. I would also be proactive in signing up non members throughout the weekend.

My thoughts are, more micra's = better turnout and stand setup. Better for everyone with meeting new faces, encourage non members to join and insight into the MSC's events etc etc. Personally I feel it would better to rather then not. However I know some members may feel like well they don't pay anything to be part of the MSC, so why should they be a part of JAE.

Basically you decide and I'll run with your 'overall' opinion.

SR_Micra_Boy

Ex. Club Member
Yes, but advise them that if they do not wish to sign up and become official members (which usually u need to be to be able to attend JAE) , they can pay a 'donation' towards the club for the weekend, say £5 or something.

This is the only way you will fill the stand mate, and Im glad that in a way the club has swallowed its pride. Its the only way it will 'save face'.

OP
OP
Kev

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
To be honest it's not about swallowing the club's pride, It's just this year for a variety of reasons a lot of official members can't come in there micra's.

Yours for example, ok half of it lol
James - engine work for turbo
Wayne's - WIP
Dan's - up in smoke.
GMan's - can't make it.
Micra Deli - not ready

that's 6 just off the top of my head. With that we would be about 25 strong, I also removed on top of the ones above when editing the stand a further 3 or 4 cars.

Kev

quickdraw

Ex. Club Member
:(

you could also shout out to any one if they have a full drivers liscence etc (which i think the majority do . duh!)
any one ios welcome to take ANY of my other 2 k10's down
the white one and the L reg super S

white one should have been resprayed by then aswell.
and the super S should have full MOT by then also. so if you have drivers the cars are there

James

Chairman
Personally I think Yes, anything that raises the profile of the Micra is a good thing. Of course we should still have limits, no WIPs, and they have to be checked before they go on stand.

I know for a fact theres one non-member out there i know with a Super Turbo. It would be awesome to have 2 on the stand!

OP
OP
Kev

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
Ok, well as it appears to be a yes on the whole...so far!

I'll make up a thread later, but give other members attending JAE chance to voice there opinion and vote.

Kev

K

katk11

Should i not put mine on the stand then as it is pretty much standard apart from a new gear knob handbrake handle and some alloys?
:blush:

K

katk11

Thats ok then, i will be scrubbing and polishing the car up this weekend so dont worry ill be there...:p
Will be arriving some point fri night with the other half, we wont be the only gals there will we?
I know that some of my friends from the honda revs are bringing their K10's along so if you needed spaces filling up i can talk to them....

Layla

Deactivated Account
yeah richie :p

should be a good weekend though no matter how many people eventually turn up. would look better with more cars but the ones that are going are gonna attract enough attention as it is!

K

katk11

Fair enough, just thought id mention it really as i know they will be there thats all....:p

danni

Ex. Club Member
quickdraw said:
you could also shout out to any one if they have a full drivers liscence etc (which i think the majority do . duh!)
any one ios welcome to take ANY of my other 2 k10's down
the white one and the L reg super S

white one should have been resprayed by then aswell.
and the super S should have full MOT by then also. so if you have drivers the cars are there

wat bout insurance tho silly.... not many will av thier own fully comp i doubt on micra?

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
last year the info wasnt available, and was the reason i signed up (so i could view it).. however not everyone would do that, so yeah im all for it being open to general viewing - non members can still show off there cars (the more the better for the msc) and get to meet new faces :)

micra man

Golf GTi Turbo
MA12:) said:
Cat'll be there on the sunday, (so will I but I ain't a girl (out in public anyhoo ;-p) )

Petey

:laugh:

Jamie will be there too. :) Yeah I think its a good idea, as its better to have a full stand with decent micras on than a bare stand with only a few cars on it. I also think if we do get a good turnout and other people meet the members of the club it is likely to encourage them to join there and then. I'm sure most people will have a spare £10 and would be more than willing to support the club if they enjoy their weekend and get the chance to have their car on the stand. :) Go for it I would say!!! :)

OP
OP
Kev

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
Well we hearing a lot of voices from people who say yes, but what about those who have voted no, what are your reasons etc?

Kev

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Kev said:
Well we hearing a lot of voices from people who say yes, but what about those who have voted no, what are your reasons etc?

Kev

Theres no time to find out what they think! theres only a week till JAE and if non members are to go, they'd need some time in maybe preparing there cars, things they'd take, time off work etc..

danni

Ex. Club Member
Neil what about Dicky.... who came to the NE meet? chances are hes going down anyways so shud giv him a txt? i not got his number n e more?
just a thought

kev_mono72

Ex. Club Member
Yes but push for them to be full members, let them know what their getting, stuff like the arcade, more forums, and a chance to show off their car at one of the largest car shows this year!

OP
OP
Kev

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
JAE is open to non members now, so if everyone can speak to people who you think or know of that wants to come.

12 places left at present.

Kev