Oooomph on a budget

hi all , back from a little break and time to play again haha.
Looking at building a 1300 for the ovals and just after a few pointers if poss. I've got as a start :
1300 with 1 litre Pistons
Lightened flywheel
1 litre crank pulley
Skimmed head
1.6 primera injectors
Poss 1.6 primera t/b
Modded exhaust mani ( Frank speedish lol )
Question is what else would give it the desired kick up the #### ?? Would ecu mapping be possible in a stripped out car running only the engine loom and no lambda ? And what cams would be ideal ?
Many thanks as always for any input

Wouldn't bother with skimming the head if you use 1.0 pistons. Also no need for the 1.6 injectors unless you're getting it mapped for more fuel, apparently the 1.0/1.3 injectors are good for 110bhp

Thanks I know about the injectors ( original ) being good enough to cope, but ideally I would like to get the ecu mapped hence using the primera ones. Is there anyone able to map it remembering that it is in a stripped out car running only the engine essentials ? Also I am going to fit some " wild " cams so a remap will be pretty critical to get the best from them I feel.

Wouldn't bother with skimming the head if you use 1.0 pistons. Also no need for the 1.6 injectors unless you're getting it mapped for more fuel, apparently the 1.0/1.3 injectors are good for 110bhp

Any idea what kind of increase can be gained y re mapping a 1.0l?

Back