Onto my 3rd K11

Hello guys,

I'm now one week into the ownership of my 3rd K11 Micra!Great little cars so cheap to buy and run, also very reliable. They make a great second/runaround car.

I have a little query regarding my current Micra, it's a 1.0 Twister on an 02 plate. It's the last of the K11 face lifts and I've noticed it has no distributor and it has coil packs on the plugs.

This car and also one other of these face lifts which I've driven feel a little flat in performance compared to the face lift before this with the the distributor. Are the later cars a little lower on power or more restricted with emissions? It's acceptable enough for a 1.0 car, it just doesn't feel as willing to rev as my last one. Also the idle seems a little low to me.

I haven't serviced it yet, but the air filter looks pretty new. Any experiences or suggestions? :)

OP
OP
G
I've been doing a little research, this micra does seem to have a flat spot in the mid range revs compared to my last one. Also the idle fluctuates a little and feels like it wants to stall sometimes.

I've read about re soldering the throttle body PCB, but does this only apply to the earlier cars with the distributor as opposed to coil packs?

I've been doing a little research, this micra does seem to have a flat spot in the mid range revs compared to my last one. Also the idle fluctuates a little and feels like it wants to stall sometimes.

I've read about re soldering the throttle body PCB, but does this only apply to the earlier cars with the distributor as opposed to coil packs?

Correct. Can't resolder coilpack throttle bodies.

Unplug the MAF sensor on the the throttle body and see if it runs better, if so you can either gamble on a used eBay one or buy a new one/reconditioned for a 100+

OP
OP
G
Correct. Can't resolder coilpack throttle bodies.

Unplug the MAF sensor on the the throttle body and see if it runs better, if so you can either gamble on a used eBay one or buy a new one/reconditioned for a 100+

Thanks!

I have seen new MAF sensors for under £20 on ebay. Think I'll just change it with all the other service items when in the next few weeks