only went and bought a french car

quickdraw

Ex. Club Member
Well since the GTi is back down south and i need to transport loads of my stuff back down south (i say loads meaning stuff i cant put on a train)

soo, got my self!

peugeot 106 XND Graduate.

lovely 1.5 diesel dog, thats been running on vegtable oil!

whoop!

yes it stinks like a chip pan. but it has loads of tax and loads of MOT and cost £200, and will get me back down south to the GTi.

also insurance came through fully comp with breakdown etc at £360 (my cheapest i think ive had 3rd party was about £600-700. )

but i have had 6 of the 12 points taken off now, along with a better living area with a drive, and a new job which all seem to have pulled the insurance down dramatically.

thought id be wie and check what the micra insurance would be! was £1300 everything declared 2ltr, all the ice, everything) pulled it down to just under £900 whoop

i had the option of a diesel 106 or a rover 214 (im thinking the 106 would be a better resale since im living around thousands of students)

its a shame im 6'3" - 15stone size 11 feet because trying to operate a girly pedal setup is just rediculous!

but it does 70mpg so itll do me the journey (aslogn as it gets me there tomorrow, fingers crossed)

BUT... on the lighter note!

think im gonna be getting another k10 aswell :p

What's it like to drive though! any photos?

Where did you get your 2.0 Micra insurance quote from :)

it drives like a sumo ice skating! its turd! hahaha

but

its bought for a reason!

thats quote was from adrian flux mate! im unsure wether to go with them or not - its just they had the insurance on the books from previous so i thought i would check what it was gonna be!

not that many will insure a modified engine wise!

Try Sky insurance. Heard a few bad things about Flux! & LOL at the handling!

Well it is poogeot! On top gears survey of 152 cars, 10 of the bottom 13 worst were Pugs!

Should've got the 214, their great cars if you look after them! I have a 216 myself ;)

Well since the GTi is back down south and i need to transport loads of my stuff back down south (i say loads meaning stuff i cant put on a train)

soo, got my self!

peugeot 106 XND Graduate.

lovely 1.5 diesel dog, thats been running on vegtable oil!

whoop!

yes it stinks like a chip pan. but it has loads of tax and loads of MOT and cost £200, and will get me back down south to the GTi.

also insurance came through fully comp with breakdown etc at £360 (my cheapest i think ive had 3rd party was about £600-700. )

but i have had 6 of the 12 points taken off now, along with a better living area with a drive, and a new job which all seem to have pulled the insurance down dramatically.

thought id be wie and check what the micra insurance would be! was £1300 everything declared 2ltr, all the ice, everything) pulled it down to just under £900 whoop

i had the option of a diesel 106 or a rover 214 (im thinking the 106 would be a better resale since im living around thousands of students)

its a shame im 6'3" - 15stone size 11 feet because trying to operate a girly pedal setup is just rediculous!

but it does 70mpg so itll do me the journey (aslogn as it gets me there tomorrow, fingers crossed)

BUT... on the lighter note!

think im gonna be getting another k10 aswell :p

The bubble shape 214 has an engine you do not want ! It might have 100bhp, but don't get one.

bubble shape 214 has a sublime engine (if a 16v, they did an 8v ####ter in the early ones as well). its probarly the second best engine I've ever had.

I do believe they suffer from reliability issues though at higher milage, so that could be what you mean arnold. I thrashed the arse off one (from new) and it did 23,000 trouble free high rev miles.

I had a 1.6 after and it wasnt as good IMHO but either way I love the rover k series, so wanted to stick my oar in :lol:

anyhoo back on topic, sorry about that........ the diesel sounds like a better options for your needs sir :) you went for the right one

I tried driving a 106 once, almost went through the windscreen when I hit the brake at the same time as the clutch!

Any idea when you'd like a K10?

They do have amazing close pedals, my brother claims it's a sport thing lol. I think it's cos the french have small feet.

Can't you get in trouble these days for running your car on chip fat, tax evasion and whatnot.

Wow how on earth do you fit in the thing?! Test drove a 106 once, I'm 5'4" and found everything too small. Jeremy Clarkson once said that with French cars the essential bits last forever but all the extras fall off - def true with this one as both doors were hanging off and the bonnet wouldnt shut!

Must have put a bit of weight on since you went down south lol. Hope the pugs ok for ya.

haha

ive lost weight since coming down lol

ive gone from 5 meals a day up there (were daddy use to do the shopping)

to around 4 meals and snacking down here!

but i havent been to gym/ju-jitsu/football either last 4 months

were i use to football twice a week. ju-jitsu once a week and gym twice.

now i go to work come home from work - DRINK

Back