On the button cold but if stalled or stopped hard to restart.

She starts fine from cold but if stalled or stopped v. hard to restart. Starts very nicely even very cold and ticks over grand, runs fine too but can cut out in slow traffic, maybe my fault, or if I switch off it's very reluctant to start again for some minutes. Then she runs well again. Once warm she is well behaved, can trickle along in third at 1000 rpm. No check engine light or faults logged, says mechanic I bought from. I'm new to k12s. Thoughts?

Hmmm. I live on a bit of a slope, and parked nose down for once, lo and behold, I could do repeted starts from cold. There are some reports of K12s having fuel flowing back to the tank when parked nose up. Curious.

best parking nose down if parked for extended periods, let gravity help keeping the fuel lines full, in better weather you could check the fuel filter and pump if needed. I change my filter every year (Diesel) bit it has been know for debri to get into the system from corroded fuel neck pipes.:unsure:

Ta for that, I believe the filter in my 1.0L is in the fuel tank, which doesn't help. It may have some crud in it, the fuel was nearly out when I bought her. Still, she runs well once warm.

Back