just snaped my ignition key in my pocket and I’m now stuck at work grr

OP
OP
S

sexyjonah

just did there sendin a locksmith, thank god for platinum accounts phew

paddymarsden

Iggy Iggy oooooooooo
awwww mate i feel for you ! i bent my key the other week in work and was very nearly stuck at work, but i spent 1:30 hours slowly bending it back ! now im VERY careful

OP
OP
S

sexyjonah

lol fair one, they said if they couldnt get a locksmith they were gunna tow me home , i dont think so, id rather get a taxy and get one cut tomorrow than let ppl see my baby on recovery lol

OP
OP
S

sexyjonah

just got it cut, cost me £50 for a temporary key that they have tapped the imobaliser chip to. right thats it, help me guys i need links to keyless entry and push button start, had enough of being taken for a ride. gggrrrr

I know how you feel. On the saturday morning of JAE this year i got up bright and early to get the car sparkling, was about 8 o'clock when i went to open the door and the key snapped in the lock, luckily a fellow Nx'er had some tweezer's to get the over half of the key from the lock. I then had to hitch a lift into Peterborough centre and find a locksmith and have them make a few keys up from two halves. Thankfully the key worked and all was good but it was not a good feeling at all :(!!!

Further more i was told by the locksmith that Nissan keys (as well as Citroen and a few others) are prone to snapping due to being cut so thin. :(

Also just to add quickly, at Jae a few of us checked our keys and the majority of them were developing a slight fracture so i would also advise you check yours and get a replacement before its too late :)

O

ohc_turbo

sexyjonah said:
just snaped my ignition key in my pocket and I’m now stuck at work grr

youre lucky, ive just snapped my key in the door lock so i cant lock the door, looks like ive got a nice job after work getting the remainder of the keys out!

paddymarsden

Iggy Iggy oooooooooo
i would be so devastated if my key broke in half, if it was to happen i would choose it to happen while my key isnt in the barrel !

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Guys you should seriously consider getting remote central locking. I was getting fed up with frozen locks and bent keys on my K10, so i bought and fitted this and its an amazing upgrade. No more problems at all! You dont get wet when its raining either.

Kits are really cheap on ebay too, and they're not that tricky to fit.

Arnold said:
Guys you should seriously consider getting remote central locking. I was getting fed up with frozen locks and bent keys on my K10, so i bought and fitted this and its an amazing upgrade. No more problems at all! You dont get wet when its raining either.

Kits are really cheap on ebay too, and they're not that tricky to fit.

Likewise i've been meaning to get around to this for a while. In winter my K11 was prone to the locks freezing and the NX just deserves remote locking :)